Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Evans Is Back

shakedownstreet

Joe wont be out long guys... Maybe the next 2 games thats it. He said he's not feeling any pain in his hamstring so thats a good thing. He think he will be out 1 or 2 weeks thats it! (Im the source on this) Best Friend

Well, that's good to hear, and thanks for the info.

I hope he's back soon.

argh....Joe is the most stylish runner in the league, and was off to a great start. I thought he had a chance to easily beat out his rookie year.

idk about stylish, i would give that one to AP.. the weirdest moves? yes.. he has this one studder step that always gets defenders sometimes. At least the colts will get to see more of Carter and so will fans.. im definitely looking forward to his running.

Not sure what to think really about the Evans signing.
I have nothing against him at all, but if you think about it, the Colts have not historically gotten another rusher when one went down before unless it was serious.
Maybe Im not remembering correctly, but from what I recall, if its only going to be a game or two, or even three, they generally go with the other two.
Whats the point of having two other guys, if neither can handle the load?

And whats that say about at least one of those two that they cant?

Either Brown stinks, and should have been cut before the season started and someone else acquired in his place, or Addai is hurt worse than they are saying.
Now Im not one of the Colts are lying to us people, but I think this season has been so bad injury wise that they are now willing to be as optimistic as possible with regard to recovery, and thus pessimistic with regard to the seriousness of the injuries sustained, even though in the past they might not have been.
Anyway, Carter cant and shouldnt be expected to be able to pick up the load since this is only his first year, but Brown should. Hes well rested...and he has been here long enough.
If he cant, then simply, he needs to go. He isnt a 6th round pick, and its not his first year.
Im glad Evans is back, but I wonder what that means overall for the team....Addai and Brown included...

Not sure what to think really about the Evans signing.
I have nothing against him at all, but if you think about it, the Colts have not historically gotten another rusher when one went down before unless it was serious.
Maybe Im not remembering correctly, but from what I recall, if its only going to be a game or two, or even three, they generally go with the other two.
Whats the point of having two other guys, if neither can handle the load?

And whats that say about at least one of those two that they cant?

Either Brown stinks, and should have been cut before the season started and someone else acquired in his place, or Addai is hurt worse than they are saying.

Now Im not one of the Colts are lying to us people, but I think this season has been so bad injury wise that they are now willing to be as optimistic as possible with regard to recovery, and thus pessimistic with regard to the seriousness of the injuries sustained, even though in the past they might not have been.
Anyway, Carter cant and shouldnt be expected to be able to pick up the load since this is only his first year, but Brown should. Hes well rested...and he has been here long enough.
If he cant, then simply, he needs to go. He isnt a 6th round pick, and its not his first year.
Im glad Evans is back, but I wonder what that means overall for the team....Addai and Brown included...

Another instance of complaining just to complain. You are making much ado about nothing. There is no NFL team that goes into a game with only 2 healthy, active RB's on the game day roster. The Colts generally carry 3 active backs. Remember the Ravens game in 2008 - when Hart blew out his knee and Addai got hurt in the 1st half so they were left with Rhodes and nothing else for the rest of the game. They added a back because of injury, cut a guy who was not going to play because either Diem or Castonzo will be returning this week. Not exactly sure how this is a bad thing.

Another instance of complaining just to complain. You are making much ado about nothing. There is no NFL team that goes into a game with only 2 healthy, active RB's on the game day roster. The Colts generally carry 3 active backs. Remember the Ravens game in 2008 - when Hart blew out his knee and Addai got hurt in the 1st half so they were left with Rhodes and nothing else for the rest of the game. They added a back because of injury, cut a guy who was not going to play because either Diem or Castonzo will be returning this week. Not exactly sure how this is a bad thing.

I suppose your post then is jumping to conclusions or making false assumptions just to do that...

I wasnt complaining, I was asking. And I NEVER said it was a bad thing they cut a guy or about Diem/Castonzo playing. I dont recall or see where I said anything about the O-line at all.

Thanks for telling me where you stand with it all though.

I thought I clearly said I wasnt sure about the number of backs situation, and that I didnt think they generally rushed out and signed a guy with two healthy guys, and you confirmed that with your info about the Ravens game.

For that thanks. The rest you could have left out...

JA is definitely hurt worse then what we first though. That is very disappointing because he has been having a very solid year even without Manning.

Let him rest and come back 100%. With the season lost no reason to rush him back.

No he's not!! Some of yall are reading to much into the EVANS signing. Every team has 3 or more RB's on the active roster and with Joe being out 1-2 weeks, they had to sign Evans to the active roster because Carter & Brown are the only 2 backs on there! Just because they signed Evans doesn't mean Joe is hurt worse.. He is feeling fine. There's no pain in his hamstring which is a good thing but its a little tight but he doesn't think he will miss more then 2 games, if 2!! Let's not assume things because of a signing.. Joe will be back playing very soon!!