Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Prisco Colts will beat Seahawks, also CBS Expert ( so called ) picks

bayone

IND.png Indianapolis
Colts

This is a second consecutive road game for the Seahawks. That's tough. They showed a lot in coming back against the Texans. The Colts are home after two weeks on the road. The Colts will get their offense going down the field. But Russell Wilson will have a big day too. This will be a shootout.

SEA.png Seattle
Seahawks

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/prisco/picks

all CBS Experts , straight up & Vs Spread

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks

Every one of those experts picked the Niners to beat us.

The team 'expert' is laughable.

another that i wish had more likes for, on here with so little time i give out quickly , guess did alot late yesterday

thats why i put in title ( so called ) experts, we are as good as them, we just dont get paid

is that supposed to be score after the 1st quarter?

We score a safety on the first Hawks drive (Blocked Punt). We get 3 points following the safety because of a short field.

Both teams get a few first downs on each drive until we see 13 straight punts.

The Hawks get a field goal late in the third.

The rest of the game is a punt fest.

Final score is Colts 5 Hawks 3.

Both teams are 4-1 and tied for the best defense in the NFL after week 5.

IND.png Indianapolis

Colts

This is a second consecutive road game for the Seahawks. That's tough. They showed a lot in coming back against the Texans. The Colts are home after two weeks on the road. The Colts will get their offense going down the field. But Russell Wilson will have a big day too. This will be a shootout.

SEA.png Seattle

Seahawks

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/prisco/picks

all CBS Experts , straight up & Vs Spread

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks

This is the same Pete that predicted a 7-9 finish for us ? Or maybe that was Pete Drisco ?

We're really not that different as teams. Here's some stats via :colts: app

Seattle Seahawks

Points per game 27.2

Yards per game 352.2

Defense points per game 11.8

Defense yards per game 300.2

:colts:

Points per game 26.2

Yards per game 373.8

Defense points per game 12.8

Defense yards per game 307.2

Pretty even if you ask me

Seattle Seahawks

Points per game 27.2

Yards per game 352.2

Points per game 26.2

Yards per game 373.8

I would have to agree. BUT being pretty even wont cut it if luck repeats last weeks first half performance in over throwing receivers. make no mistake their CB's will not drop easy INT's like Jacksonvilles did. this is going to have to be a mistake free game. hopefully the stadium gets loud enough to disrupt the offensive and defensive play calling for the hawks. 

I'd like to add the seahawks blew out the 49ers and the jags at home while we blew them out on the road.

but they also won their easy game against Carolina also. sorry but Miami's defense was exposed against New Orleans and there is no reason why we should not have beaten them. it comes down to turnovers. even so much as just 1 turnover for us could be huge and game deciding, just ask houston about that. 

I would have to agree. BUT being pretty even wont cut it if luck repeats last weeks first half performance in over throwing receivers. make no mistake their CB's will not drop easy INT's like Jacksonvilles did. this is going to have to be a mistake free game. hopefully the stadium gets loud enough to disrupt the offensive and defensive play calling for the hawks.

I didn't see the Jacksonville game so I can't speak on or agree with that but I'll take your word for it

but they also won their easy game against Carolina also. sorry but Miami's defense was exposed against New Orleans and there is no reason why we should not have beaten them. it comes down to turnovers. even so much as just 1 turnover for us could be huge and game deciding, just ask houston about that.

The Miami Dolphins didn't beat the Indianapolis Colts. The NFL refs beat the Indianapolis Colts. That Coby Fleener touchdown being called back changed everything

Seattle Seahawks

Points per game 27.2

Yards per game 352.2

Points per game 26.2

Yards per game 373.8

i like stats, I do.  you can tell many things.  But each game is about matchups.  And that stat just shows averages.  We both average out similar, but you never know if your feet are both in warm water (warm average) or one in boiling water and the other in ice water (warm average). I just hope we have a hot driving offense and stifling D at home.

The only way we're putting up 30 points against Seattle is if our D forces multiple turnovers and gives our O a short field.  This game will be a grind and we'll need a +2 TO ratio to win.  I'm curious to see how the Hawks D holds up in the 4th quarter after the long game last week.  This is where TR could wear them down and throw in DB as a changeup.  I'm thinking more like 23-19 Colts as both teams have to settle for alot of FGs.  Patience is key for both teams.    

The only way we're putting up 30 points against Seattle is if our D forces multiple turnovers and gives our O a short field.  This game will be a grind and we'll need a +2 TO ratio to win.  I'm curious to see how the Hawks D holds up in the 4th quarter after the long game last week.  This is where TR could wear them down and throw in DB as a changeup.  I'm thinking more like 23-19 Colts as both teams have to settle for alot of FGs.  Patience is key for both teams.    

I think your initial thought is correct, but I don't agree with your idea that the Hawks will come in tired.  The Hawks are extremely well conditioned and are one of the hardest hitting and most physical teams in the league.  The reason that the Hawks won last week in Houston in the 4th quarter and swung the score back 17 points the other way is because they had beaten up the Texans and worn them out.  The Hawks are also one of the deeper teams in the league - so I wouldn't count on them wearing down in the 4th quarter.

I didn't see the Jacksonville game so I can't speak on or agree with that but I'll take your word for it

luck was overthrowing Hilton like crazy in the first half. either that or Hilton was not running the right route but i doubt he would run the wrong route for a whole half. Hilton did like a button hook, luck threw it like 10 feet to the right of hilton and Jags CB blackmon was right there and intercepted it right AFTER Vontae Davis picked Gabbert off. I mean we did still blow them out but i think the score would have been a lot worst had Luck been on target in the first half.