Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Return Of Donald Brown (Merge)

oldunclemark

With Joe Addai out this week...Donald Brown (yes, you know him. You love him)

will rush for 100 yards and lead the Colts to victory over Cincinnatti on the road...

Brown, who was unable to play the first two weeks of the season because he was emotionally overcome

with the outpouring of love shown him from Colts fans..

.......will scored two TDs...as the Colts win for the first time this season...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SHOW..

Remember..Jacksonville....last year///when we needed him

100 yards and 2 TDs....It will be a Brown day in Cincinnatti

.....How can you love 'the Painter' but hate the color?

Like my friends in CINCY say if it is brown flush it down. but i hope you are right cause we will need 2 touchdowns

and then some.

SHOW..

Remember..Jacksonville....last year///when we needed him

100 yards and 2 TDs....It will be a Brown day in Cincinnatti

.....How can you love 'the Painter' but hate the color?

I remember his one good game, but I also remember the other 15 average to bad games he played last year as well.'

The guy had one good run on Sunday and the rest of his runs were his gain 3 yards then go down.

Leroy Hoard's quote of "Coach, if you need one yard, I'll get you three yards. If you need five yards, I'll get you three yards." applies perfectly for Brown.

will rush for 100 yards and lead the Colts to victory over Cincinnatti on the road...

Brown, who was unable to play the first two weeks of the season because he was emotionally overcome

You have too be smoking the same stuff Bobby Brown is on. He's not even the #2 back so only way he rushes for 100 yards is you have a good game with him on Madden!

Whatever you are smoking you need to pass it around. haha

The guy had one good run last weekend which inflated his day. The guy will show us why he is third on the depth chart.

I hope he blows up, but I will not hold my breath.

Actually he ran right up the middle - fighting and scrambling hard - for 5+ yards on at least two occasions in addition to his long run. I only saw him get stopped cold once. He AVERAGED 4.8 yards per carry. In the same game Carter averaged an utterly abysmal 1.8 yards per carry, including failing completely on a key 3rd and short - the primary scenario for which he was drafted in the first place.

I was curious when we were going to see a Brown thread, and wondering if people were going to compliment the man or find irrational reasons to dump on him some more. I can't say that I'm surprised at the answer. Just ridiculous.

Its concerning to me that in the last game he appeared to be running harder than I have ever seen him run. Its concerning because he should have been doing that from the start, and it took him not playing and almost getting cut to get to that. Not good.

Its concerning to me that in the last game he appeared to be running harder than I have ever seen him run. Its concerning because he should have been doing that from the start, and it took him not playing and almost getting cut to get to that. Not good.

So in other words you were unhappy with him the way he was playing before, and the fact that Sunday he addressed those concerns is to you a cause for additional concern. What, pray tell, does the man have to do exactly to satisfy you?

I'm not sure that I agree with your implication that it's simply a matter of effort, as in "he's only trying because his job is on the line". Others have talked about him being a bad fit for our system, and making poor decisions about which holes to attack. I'd actually be interested in hearing some of those people discuss whether or not he played better within our system Sunday, and made better decisions.

With that in mind, if I wanted to spend the time I could probably go back to the preseason and find a quote I remember from Caldwell to the effect that "Donald knows what we expect from him, and he is working on it." Isn't it conceivable that this is actually an example of good coaching (dare I say it), and hard work. Why would you look at Brown's perform and think anything other than "good job. I'm looking forward to the Bengals game to see if he can sustain it". I know I am.

Donald brown, who runs straight ahead, doesn't break tackles or make any kind of "juke" moves at all? He gets what the O-line give him and that's it

Not really sure how Brown has so many haters. His carries have been limited to say the least, and the past three years has been an awful span to be a running back on this team. The guy doesn't suck, he's fast, and doesn't fumble. If he were on another team with a better line, he'd be productive.

And I'd say that 3 on the depth chart is tentative since Addai misses some time each season, another result of our O-Line being terrible. However, I wouldn't have my expectations too high come Sunday. Our defense is going to be on the field all day long.

Not really sure how Brown has so many haters. His carries have been limited to say the least, and the past three years has been an awful span to be a running back on this team. The guy doesn't suck, he's fast, and doesn't fumble. If he were on another team with a better line, he'd be productive.

And I'd say that 3 on the depth chart is tentative since Addai misses some time each season, another result of our O-Line being terrible. However, I wouldn't have my expectations too high come Sunday. Our defense is going to be on the field all day long.

First off, you earn carries in this league. They aren't just given to you. The fact that when Addai went out last year, instead of bumping Brown up to the starter, we go out and sign Rhodes from the UFL or wherever he was languishing should speak volumes as to what we thought of Brown. He can't pass block for crap and I don't see any real difference in his running ability from Rhodes or Evans or any other running back sitting on the couch currently waiting for a phone call.

As to why fans are down on him, perhaps it's because he's a first round pick who has done nothing to justify his existance on this team as of right now?

For the record though, nothing would make me happier than for him to prove me wrong here.

Same goes for Hughes, Gonzo, ect ect...

He might not fumble....he just misses blocks and lets our QBs fumble. Same result.

I still believe we would have won the Jets playoff game last year if we went with Brown over Rhodes. I like the idea of a back that puts 1 foot in the ground and runs straight and not some bugs bunny, down hill skier jump moves into a hole. I really believe in the long run Brown and Carter will be a much better option than Addai. Browns carrer reminds me of Darren McFadden with the difference being the later getting more opportunties.

Actually he ran right up the middle - fighting and scrambling hard - for 5+ yards on at least two occasions in addition to his long run. I only saw him get stopped cold once. He AVERAGED 4.8 yards per carry. In the same game Carter averaged an utterly abysmal 1.8 yards per carry, including failing completely on a key 3rd and short - the primary scenario for which he was drafted in the first place.

I was curious when we were going to see a Brown thread, and wondering if people were going to compliment the man or find irrational reasons to dump on him some more. I can't say that I'm surprised at the answer. Just ridiculous.

Sorry Mac, I am not going to get super excited about a couple runs given his past history. Now if he tears it up against the Browns I will admit that he had a great game, but I am not going to come flocking to the message board after a few good runs and him actually looking competent pass blocking.

I would love for Donald to get his head out of his butt and live up to where he was picked, but again I am not going to hold my breath.

Sorry Mac, I am not going to get super excited about a couple runs given his past history. Now if he tears it up against the Browns I will admit that he had a great game, but I am not going to come flocking to the message board after a few good runs and him actually looking competent pass blocking

I thought we were playing the Bengals not the Browns. :dunno:

His ability to catch passes on special teams is extraordinary, no doubt.

Super Bowl winning, in fact.

Again, like I said in the thread about wanting a redwood WR... Size at the WR position is grossly overrated unless you have the same skills and size as Randy Moss, and since none do.........

Sorry Mac, I am not going to get super excited about a couple runs given his past history. Now if he tears it up against the Browns I will admit that he had a great game, but I am not going to come flocking to the message board after a few good runs and him actually looking competent pass blocking.

I would love for Donald to get his head out of his butt and live up to where he was picked, but again I am not going to hold my breath.

Whether you get exited or not is entirely up to you. But you also don't have to go out of your way to post a blatantly inaccurate and negative post lambasting his performance, when in fact he was significantly more effective than Carter and Addai. . Simply stating the truth is more than sufficient.

I dont know why people hate him..shaun...

In some 'minds', he's supposed to break tackles behind the line of scrimmage..

..and run to glory.

Here' s an idea. Throw a screen pass to him..

He's an open field runner..