Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck vs Tannehill(Talking Arm Talent)

GoodLuck

I understand this thread is meaningless but I don't understand why people need to start belittling the OP just because they don't like the premise of the post.

Some might argue calling his thread meaningless would classify as belittling the OP haha.

Alot of immature posts on here about accusations that they cant prove, childish really, if you have proof then prove it and be done with it so everyone can see so fans that actually want to talk about this reasonable and thought provoking topic can actually do so without going through several posts of accusations that have not been proven and that have nothing to do with the thread title. Some fans come on here to have mature conversations about all aspects of the colts as a team AND individual players that both covers  good and bad performances

Alot of immature posts on here about accusations that they cant prove, childish really, if you have proof then prove it and be done with it so everyone can see so fans that actually want to talk about this reasonable and thought provoking topic can actually do so without going through several posts of accusations that have not been proven and that have nothing to do with the thread title. Some fans come on here to have mature conversations about all aspects of the colts as a team AND individual players that both covers  good and bad performances

A excellent post Gavin and fair points, I can understand your call for maturity and a more moderate stance it's just.... people get ground down a little you know by the repetitive nature of some posts. Your still right that moderating should be left to moderating and if you don't like a post ignore it, but's it hard sometimes not to take the bait. 

It is actually a good question and not a clear cut an answer as we'd all like to think. 

A excellent post Gavin and fair points, I can understand your call for maturity and a more moderate stance it's just.... people get ground down a little you know by the repetitive nature of some posts. Your still right that moderating should be left to moderating and if you don't like a post ignore it, but's it hard sometimes not to take the bait. 

It is actually a good question and not a clear cut an answer as we'd all like to think. 

well there is always Plan A (Put them on Ignore) or Plan B (Not clicking on a topic one deems silly or not worth debating). The fact that some former QB's discuss throwing motion of some of todays QB's and what they deem arm talent and overall QB ability tells me that its a worthy enough topic for debate seeing as how they played the position some at a high level (Jaws, Mcnabb)

well there is always Plan A (Put them on Ignore) or Plan B (Not clicking on a topic one deems silly or not worth debating). The fact that some former QB's discuss throwing motion of some of todays QB's and what they deem arm talent and overall QB ability tells me that its a worthy enough topic for debate seeing as how they played the position some at a high level (Jaws, Mcnabb)

Oh it's certainly a good topic, but I'd pay more attention to a debate involving say Jaws then Skip Bayless. 

As for what's actually being discussed, I personally don't think there is anything too worrying about Luck's mechanics, arm or arm power. He's in no way perfect, but he can still throw a decent spiral at a decent velocity (for me arm power isn't just about distance but being able to deliver that fastball before the window shuts). Tannehill for me is there or there about in terms of his "arm" compare to Luck but he's not quite as good an athlete and his decision making I think is still behind Luck's which makes him look the slightly worse QB. He did and still does get unfairly ignored sometimes in the Luck/RG3/Wilson debate as he's not far behind those guys at all. 

People get what they deserve sometimes. We have some good threads on the forum right now such as; PFF 4th highest rated OT (14 replies), The 1/4 Andrew Luck 2012 to 2013 (9 replies), Havili (12 replies), PFF 3rd highest overall 3-4 end (13 replies), and so on; yet this dumb thread has 47 replies and 615 views and it has only been posted over-night. It is as if people can't help them selves and must feed the trolls. 

People get what they deserve sometimes. We have some good threads on the forum right now such as; PFF 4th highest rated OT (14 replies), The 1/4 Andrew Luck 2012 to 2013 (9 replies), Havili (12 replies), PFF 3rd highest overall 3-4 end (13 replies), and so on; yet this dumb thread has 47 replies and 615 views and it has only been posted over-night. It is as if people can't help them selves and must feed the trolls. 

If you can plain to me what is dumb about this thread and why discussing Lucks mechanicsis trolling when players that have played the position before discuss QB mechanics explain just how important it is then I might be incined to agree with your statement. Truth is there is an endless supply of "troll" poststhroughout almost every forum here. The number of replies to a thread has no bearing on how dumb it is. Otherwise by definition of the word you are trolling even though I know thats not your intent

Alot of immature posts on here about accusations that they cant prove, childish really, if you have proof then prove it and be done with it so everyone can see so fans that actually want to talk about this reasonable and thought provoking topic can actually do so without going through several posts of accusations that have not been proven and that have nothing to do with the thread title. Some fans come on here to have mature conversations about all aspects of the colts as a team AND individual players that both covers good and bad performances

Why so serious lol?

cause it beats seeing a thread getting out of hand and closed because of accusations that have not been proven

It's the Internet not a criminal trial lol.

I engaged the OPs topic, and in typical OP fashion he didn't want to talk about how he was giving Tannehill a pass for all his turnovers, but still brings up Luck's int against Miami.

Didn't you know that the proof is in the pudding?  It's called the "Luck is better because I said so puddin'." And you know it's true because I said "puddin'" instead of "pudding."

Or plan c...Internet face punch! Pow!!

This guy

I don't agree with that at all. I think Tannehill has much greater upside value than Andrew Luck. Luck is a bit better right now but in three years, Tannehill may catch or pass Luck.

Can you explain why you think Tannehill has much greater upside than Luck?  

Of course I can. Luck is a more finished product and closer to his top ability and he may already be there. Tannehill played a different position up to about three years ago. He is just learning to play QB on the job. Therefore, he will get a lot better than he is now. It wasn't meant as a shot to Luck, just that Tannehill is much farther from his peak than Luck.

Edited by Superman

Of course I can. Luck is a more finished product and closer to his top ability and he may already be there. Tannehill played a different position up to about three years ago. He is just learning to play QB on the job. Therefore, he will get a lot better than he is now. It wasn't meant as a shot to Luck, just that Tannehill is much farther from his peak than Luck.

You know this is Luck's top ability based on what?........

Because he was a polished QB who was said to be the most NFL ready QB to ever enter the NFL. I am not saying that he won't improve. He will. Tannehill was not even a QB three years ago. He was and is far from polished. Therefore he has more upside to get better from where he is now than Luck is from where he is now. I guess I am saying that Luck was far ahead of Tannehill when they came into the NFL. Tannehill has lots to learn that Luck had when he got here. So, I think Tannehill has more ability to move up from where he is now that Luck has left to grow. My Goodness, can't anyone say anything less than Luck is a God on this forum without people jumping all over it?

Edited by Superman