Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Injury Report vs Jags

HtownColt

Guest TeamLoloJones

Bradshaw has a history of missing practice and then playing on Sunday. I believe He and Bethea will play Sunday unless they are in the hospital.

If Bethea and Landry both miss the game, just put Howell and Luck as the safties and we'll be fine...haha

Pat Angerer doesn't do anything healthy or not. He doesn't fit our defense imo

Angerer was making plays against the dolphins, pass break up on 3rd down, .5 sack, tied with Landry as leading tackler with 11 tackles that game.

Sheppard can't make half the plays Angerer does

Guest TeamLoloJones

Pat Angerer doesn't do anything healthy or not. He doesn't fit our defense imo

For the life of me I don't understand why people keep saying Angerer doesn't fit our defense...can someone please explain this to me.

For the life of me I don't understand why people keep saying Angerer doesn't fit our defense...can someone please explain this to me.

Angerer was making plays against the dolphins, pass break up on 3rd down, .5 sack, tied with Landry as leading tackler with 11 tackles that game.

Not taking the tackles or sacks from him. Just doesn't do well in man coverage. Against the dolphins he got burnt a few times. I think he's a better fit in a tampa 2 defense like the Bears run.

But I guess he can improve his man coverage. I sure hope he does. He's a good LB, I just don't think the 3-4 is the BEST suited defense for him to max out his skills & potential.

That's just my opinion on it

Maybe Angerer is not a perfect fit in this defense but he no doubt is better than Sheppard. So at best he should start over Conner or be 3rd on the depth chart a ILB.

Not taking the tackles or sacks from him. Just doesn't do well in man coverage. Against the dolphins he got burnt a few times. I think he's a better fit in a tampa 2 defense like the Bears run.

But I guess he can improve his man coverage. I sure hope he does. He's a good LB, I just don't think the 3-4 is the BEST suited defense for him to max out his skills & potential.

Where did he get burnt in the Dolphins game? He was there in coverage on the Clay long reception just a perfectly placed ball by Tannehill and Bethea mistiming the pass. I didn't see any other time he was beat in coverage, the play on 3rd down he made was a thing of beauty in coverage.

Guest TeamLoloJones

We don't run a 3-4 on every play, nor do we run man coverage on every play.  That's why we have a rotation. 

Its not so much that he does not fit in the actual defense because we are a multiple defense and not just a straight 3-4....Otherwise we would not have Freeman either because they can do the same things, I think the real debate is whether or not he fits the role of being able to hold up against an O Lineman and shed his block consistently but he did that consistently against the Dolphins, I do wish we had much more of a thumper in there though he is more of a drag down tackler but saying that he dont fit the defense is a stretch.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Yeah, that hangnail looks pretty bad...we are going to have to put you on IR.

I wish you guys would not wish ill of our players...if we have one more line man go down for the season you are all going to pray that samson is healthy.

I wish you guys would not wish ill of our players...if we have one more line man go down for the season you are all going to pray that samson is healthy.

'Satelite' is OK as a backup...we just want ANY other possibility to start...preferably Holmes if he were up to speed and strength...or McGlynn who was more effective last Sunday than Satele ever was...which makes Satele the 3rd choice...which is right next to 'off roster'.

Guest TeamLoloJones

'Satelite' is OK as a backup...we just want ANY other possibility to start...preferably Holmes if he were up to speed and strength...or McGlynn who was more effective last Sunday than Satele ever was...which makes Satele the 3rd choice...which is right next to 'off roster'.

You are forgetting that Link had to take McGlynn's spot and he was borderline terrible.

He is more suited to being a 4/3 Linebacker...and even then he couldn't stay healthy.

Now he has bulked up and can't stay healthy. I like him. I'm pulling for him. But I personally would've traded him to the Cowboys in the offseason for a pick. JMO

Guest TeamLoloJones

He is more suited to being a 4/3 Linebacker...and even then he couldn't stay healthy.

Now he has bulked up and can't stay healthy. I like him. I'm pulling for him. But I personally would've traded him to the Cowboys in the offseason for a pick. JMO

Explain to me what makes him a 4/3 Linebacker

Guest TeamLoloJones

No.

Ok then I'll do it.  A main component a 4-3 MLB needs is speed. Since sideline to sideline is the responsiblity of the MLB.  Speed is not Angerer's strong suit, which many on here have noted.  Now a 3-4 inebacker needs to account for the uncovered guard that the D-line leaves unmanned.  Here you need strong enforcer to be able to shed the block.  Also not Angerer's strong suit.  But it's also not Freeman's.  You need a hi-lo linebacker.  Conner fits that role perfectly, while freeman (Angerer) can sit back and read or rush.  Basically what I'm saying is Freeman and Conner should be on the field in base.  Nickel linebacker package (2-4-5) would be Freeman and  Angerer.  And subs in the base would be angerer and sheppard.  Angerer does not have the insticts or speed to be a top notch 4-3 ILB.  But he does fit well into the roll he is playing now.  

Ok then I'll do it.  A main component a 4-3 MLB needs is speed. Since sideline to sideline is the responsiblity of the MLB.  Speed is not Angerer's strong suit, which many on here have noted.  Now a 3-4 inebacker needs to account for the uncovered guard that the D-line leaves unmanned.  Here you need strong enforcer to be able to shed the block.  Also not Angerer's strong suit.  But it's also not Freeman's.  You need a hi-lo linebacker.  Conner fits that role perfectly, while freeman :) ***(Angerer) can sit back and read or rush.****  :) Basically what I'm saying is Freeman and Conner should be on the field in base.  Nickel linebacker package (2-4-5) would be Freeman and  Angerer.  And subs in the base would be angerer and sheppard.  Angerer does not have the insticts or speed to be a top notch 4-3 ILB.  But he does fit well into the roll he is playing now.

Angerer is very good at that, I can't understand why some think he's useless.