Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ 49ers Game Day Thread

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think missing our tackling machine in Landry was a huge enough blow. Going to be tough on our D all day.

We've got their receivers covered like gloves.  It won't matter much with run defense like that. We've got to come up with an answer real quick.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I've always wanted to see more behind the scenes of the schedule making process. Peter King used to do a column every year on it. I'll try to find that ESPN piece.   As for negated byes... It's fine you think it's small. I didn't say it's shifting the competitive balance of the league. But it's still a thing. In ten years, eight teams have not had a single negated bye. The Colts have had five.    I don't know if there's a large enough sample size to establish whether there's a real disadvantage related to a negated bye. But it's not hard to see that it's not ideal.
    • Short week road games is a thing.   A big thing.    But my opponent also had their bye week the same week we did so they’re just as rested as we are is also a thing?   Sorry, as things go, I think this is one of the smallest things I’ve ever heard of.     I’ll give you one.  Gladly.   But the other?   Less than meh.   Closer to yawn.    Sorry.    Anyone see the one hour long ESPN documentary last night on the making of the full NFL schedule?   I only saw 45 minutes and it was great.  The amount of obstacles, and the factors that have to be accounted for are incredible.   More than a billion.  Yes, billion with a B.   It used to be done by people. Now done by computer.   And it gets fine tuned over and over and over again. 
    • My friend, we had very similar childhoods.  I think I also learned to read by comic books.  My dad never read them though, that must have been awesome having that library available.   I still have boxes of them in my attic.  THey're not worth anything (sort of like my albums) but I just can't part with them.
    • Y'know, somehow I missed that.  I grew up reading comic books in the 60's and I always liked Marvel more than DC mags.  My father had hundreds not them - Spidey, Daredevil, Silver Surfer, Sgt. Fury,  and a bunch more.. I learned to read by comic books, not by English class novels, haha. 
    • I took a deeper look at how we've done over the past 10 seasons. There have been 5 negated BYEs with a sixth coming this season. Seems to be a mixed bag. Overall we went 7-3 in the week after our BYE. Two of those 3 losses were after a negated BYE.   Year  Week   Situation                                               Outcome 2011  12       Panthers played on Sun in week 11     L27-19 2012    5       Packers played on Sun in week 4         W30-27 2013    9       Houston also had bye in week 8       W27-24 2014  11       NE also had a bye in week 10            L42-20 2015  11       Falcons also had a bye in week 10    W24-21 2016  11       Titans played on Sun in week 10          W24-17 2017  12       Titans played Thursday in week 11   L20-16 2018  10       Jaguars also had a bye in week 9      W29-26 2019    7       Texans played on Sun in week 6           W30-23 2020    8       Lions played on Sun in week 7             W41-21 2021  15       NE also has a bye in week 14             TBD  
  • Members

• danlhart87

danlhart87 9,254

• buccolts

buccolts 2,573

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 9,798

• DoubleE Colt

DoubleE Colt 70

• MB-ColtsFan

MB-ColtsFan 1,290

• ReMeDy