Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Too all the peeps complaining about Grigson and the Richardson move

Nesjan3

We gave up a 1st round pick that's most likely going to be at the lowest 14 up to 24 or maybe higher in the draft, for a the 3rd round pick last 2 years ago, we now have the 1st and 3rd round picks of the 2011 draft, and by the way Richardson is a beast so for every one crying please go cry somewhere else

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We gave up a 1st round pick that's most likely going to be at the lowest 14 up to 24 or maybe higher in the draft, for a the 3rd round pick last 2 years ago, we now have the 1st and 3rd round picks of the 2011 draft, and by the way Richardson is a beast so for every one crying please go cry somewhere else

Huh? It was the 2012 draft btw.

Not that anyone cares but I think he's a good runningback, just he doesn't have that speed to get big gains and our offensive line isn't very good so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

ummm.

The dude runs a 4.45 forty. Any faster and they would have to do hourly checks on him for steroids.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7752858/2012-nfl-draft-trent-richardson-impresses-alabama-pro-day

BlueShoe, on 19 Sept 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:

ummm.

The dude runs a 4.45 forty. Any faster and they would have to do hourly checks on him for steroids.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7752858/2012-nfl-draft-trent-richardson-impresses-alabama-pro-day

I really like Trent Richardson the dude is a stud, and damn I wasn't aware he ran that fast.

We have no ides where that pick is going to be...and we have no idea how well Trent will play..

...what we all do know for sure is that we all have said you don't give up a No.1 for a running back...

Its a gamble..I hope it works...

I swear everyone on here claims to be colts fans but all I see is complaining and complaining

Because disagreeing with what many think is a bad decision and complaining about it = not a Colts fan.  Everyone should love every move the Colt's FO make, because they can't possibly be wrong.

Maybe people will quit complaining when people stop posting about how this is the greatest trade ever, totally season changing, etc .... I am just as tired hearing these "unicorns and rainbows" people gush over the greatness of Richardson and Grigson as you are hearing people complain.

OK, I've alread mentioned I'm on board with the trade, but I'm going to play devils advocate on this one too.  There are many out there (Colts fans and other teams) that believe a 1st round pick is too high a price. Why?  Its too early to tell if TRich will beast or not.  He was injured (ribs) and yds/carry last year and these 2 games, was pedestrian (around 3.5, but so was LaDanian Tomlinson's rookie year as well).  He, along with Mark Ingram and Eddie Lacy are Alabama RB's.  Alabama's O-line manhandled college D lines.  It's tougher in the NFL.  So if Richardson, Ingram, and Lacy don't perform up to expectations, Alabama RB's might begin to get a rep for being overrated.  Much like Jeff Tedford's QB's (Trent Dilfer, Akili Smith, David Carr, Joey Harrington, and Kyle Boller) were labeled; that is until until Aaron Rodgers.

I feel TRich can be wildly successful here, and Luck will be better for it too.  But it needs to play out before we can shut the mouths of the dissenters. They have enough ammo at this early stage to make their case. I hope they're dead wrong and proof is shortly forthcoming.

1. He should never have been drafted 3rd

2. He's not better than Doug Martin

3. His 40 at pro day was hand timed. There is no way he plays like a guy that tuns a 4.4 40. Shady McCoy ran a 4.5 at the combine. LOL if anyone thinks Trent is faster than Shady.

4. You can get someone that does what he does in later rounds. FACT!

5. Mike McGlynn and Satele are still starting

I think Ive deciphered it guys. We gave away our first round pick (hopefully ends up being latish pick) for someone who was a 3rd overall pick, not a 3rd rounder. We now have the 1st and 3rd overall picks from the 2012 draft. 

3. His 40 at pro day was hand timed. There is no way he plays like a guy that tuns a 4.4 40. Shady McCoy ran a 4.5 at the combine. LOL if anyone thinks Trent is faster than Shady.

Good Luck getting anyone to listen to your opinion. 

Richardson is a stud! 

1.I`ll take Mike Holmgrens opinion on that over yours

2. Who cares if yes/no..he`s better than anybody we`ve had since Edge

3. See above

4. Not on a regular basis

5. They suddenly just got better

The Browns fans don't even agree with you on Banner. That cat is about to be chased out of Cleveland.

Holmgren drafted a 30yr old project to play qb. I know he was in his 20s at the time, but he was pretty close to 30. You dont use 1s on someone like that. Joe Banner would never be that dumb. I.m sure Browns fans will smarten up when the draft rolls around