Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone interested to know what we were offered for Luck last year during the draft?

Dustin

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone interested we would have had:

• Round 1 Pick 3
  • Round 1 Pick 22
  • Round 2 Pick 2
  • Round 2 Pick 5
  • Round 3 Pick 1
  • Round 3 Pick 24
  • Round 3 Pick 29
  • Round 4 Pick 5
  • Round 5 Pick 1
  • Round 5 Pick 25

And a few 6-7th rounders. Glad we didn't take it. 

Don't get me wrong, but if this is true, this would have been worth it.  Yes, I am glad we didn't take it, but it would have been worth it.

Devil's Advocate:  If we're looking at this with hindsight, could you argue that we should have taken it, and drafted Russell Wilson in the second round?

(I'm a Luck fan, I'm just throwing this out there for a conversational piece)

Apparently we were eyeing him in the 3rd- I'd have to think with an extra early 3rd rounder, we'd have snagged him.

Don't get me wrong, but if this is true, this would have been worth it.  Yes, I am glad we didn't take it, but it would have been worth it.

Although pick 3 is worth a lot , that offer is still short of the 3 number1's and 1 no 2 the Rams got for the spot below us. I think that looks to be a monster haul as Gavin adds our picks to the offer.

• Round 1 Pick 3 - Trent Richardson, Matt Kalil, Mark Barron, Dontari Poe
  • Round 1 Pick 22 - David DeCastro, Harrison Smith, Dont'a Hightower
  • Round 2 Pick 2 - Colts original pick (took Fleener), Courtney Upshaw available
  • Round 2 Pick 5 - Bobby Wagner, Janoris Jenkins, Alshon Jeffry
  • Round 3 Pick 1 - Colts pick (took Dwayne Allen), Russell Wilson available
  • Round 3 Pick 24 - T.Y. Hilton, Lamar Miller
  • Round 3 Pick 29 - Colts original pick (took T.Y. Hilton)
  • Round 4 Pick 5 - Kirk Cousins, Robert Turbin

Who we could have taken with those picks.  I'm still very happy we didn't do it because I'm a huge Luck fan and we are set at the most important position for 15 years or so.  But it's fun to think about.

i heard a team did that

never heard what team

If you mean which team traded their whole draft for a player it was the bears for the spot below Edge to draft Ricky Wlliams. They traded their whole 1999 draft (1 pick in every round but the 2nd ) and their 1st and 3rd in the 2000 draft.

The bottom line is we could have rebuilt the team around Peyton and been a Super Bowl contender for the rest of his career AND put the pieces in place to continue after he was gone.  

Now we have a rebuilding time that is gonna be a struggle and we are not yet a Super Bowl contender.  

Fifteen years of Luck is a low percentage at this point.

Look around the league for the past 30 years and you'll find that rebuilding isn't all its cracked up to be.  But, when you have the rare once in a lifetime opportunity to have a special player such as Unitas or Manning you make it for all its worth for as long as you possibly can!  

It's a shame that there are so many Manning haters out there that we can't even mention his name in relation to a team that he brought respect to after it was lost for over 25years.

The bottom line is we could have rebuilt the team around Peyton and been a Super Bowl contender for the rest of his career AND put the pieces in place to continue after he was gone.  

Now we have a rebuilding time that is gonna be a struggle and we are not yet a Super Bowl contender.  

Look around the league for the past 30 years and you'll find that rebuilding isn't all its cracked up to be.  But, when you have the rare once in a lifetime opportunity to have a special player such as Unitas or Manning you make it for all its worth for as long as you possibly can!  

It's a shame that there are so many Manning haters out there that we can't even mention his name in relation to a team that he brought respect to after it was lost for over 25years.

Amen.

Edited by Superman

If you mean which team traded their whole draft for a player it was the bears for the spot below Edge to draft Ricky Wlliams. They traded their whole 1999 draft (1 pick in every round but the 2nd ) and their 1st and 3rd in the 2000 draft.

I wasn't the Bears. It was New Orleans.

Edited by Superman

That's pretty crazy to think about.. but we made the right call. This team is close.. very close. Defense has the talent there, a few weak spots but the talent is there for the most part. We just have to get our pass rush up to par because we are going to be scoring A LOT of points!

Bwa, ha, ha...... We are YEARS away....Cancel

Edited by Superman

Devil's Advocate:  If we're looking at this with hindsight, could you argue that we should have taken it, and drafted Russell Wilson in the second round?

(I'm a Luck fan, I'm just throwing this out there for a conversational piece)

Sold!!

Edited by Superman

Look around the league for the past 30 years and you'll find that rebuilding isn't all its cracked up to be. But, when you have the rare once in a lifetime opportunity to have a special player such as Unitas or Manning you make it for all its worth for as long as you possibly can!

This post seems oddly familiar.......

For anyone interested we would have had:

• Round 1 Pick 3
  • Round 1 Pick 22
  • Round 2 Pick 2
  • Round 2 Pick 5
  • Round 3 Pick 1
  • Round 3 Pick 24
  • Round 3 Pick 29
  • Round 4 Pick 5
  • Round 5 Pick 1
  • Round 5 Pick 25

And a few 6-7th rounders. Glad we didn't take it. 

so the question is in hindsight would u take russell wilson and all them picks ? for luck

so the question is in hindsight would u take russell wilson and all them picks ? for luck

Tough question.

Is the difference between Luck and Wilson really that great that you would pass up on like 5 high round picks?

In hindsight, I'd still take Luck. We have no idea how Wilson would have fared here.

Tough question.

Is the difference between Luck and Wilson really that great that you would pass up on like 5 high round picks?

In hindsight, I'd still take Luck. We have no idea how Wilson would have fared here.

No doubt Wilson is a nice QB but he's always going to be somewhat hindered by height . I think Luck is more capable of putting a team on his back and carrying it. We saw some of this last year . Wilson on the other hand is playing for a team with a great running game and fabulous defense , so he doesn't have to do as much.

The saints drafted ricky williams..

Da coach was Ditka, but the team was the saints

Da coach was Ditka, but the team was the saints

LOL .. just was going to post that I made that mistake. Was looking at what each team ended up with and saw the Bears had a big haul.  Naturally it was obvious I screwed up. Anyway.. Washington traded a lot of that haul to the Bears to move up and draftChamp Bailey.