Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

O-line

tony1287

Well once again our offensive line gives up too much pressure and loses the game at the end for us!! Donald brown should not have been in for that last drive, especially since bradshaw is 100% better at pass blocking and blitz pick ups. Hard for luck to try and win the game with defenders in his face and all over him. Something has got to give with this line because we won't beat anyone else if they play like today

Well once again our offensive line gives up too much pressure and loses the game at the end for us!! Donald brown should not have been in for that last drive, especially since bradshaw is 100% better at pass blocking and blitz pick ups. Hard for luck to try and win the game with defenders in his face and all over him. Something has got to give with this line because we won't beat anyone else if they play like today

well i agree with you but we will beat the jags if we stay the same lol

On the bright side when thornton came in he looked very good in pass blocking and especially on pulling plays. It just seems as if they cannot pick up blitzes and it kills us big time. Miami was blitzing like oakland did last week with corners and linebackers up the middle and we were lost almost every time. Now we have to go to candlestick snd deal with bowman and willis. Oh and the two smiths. They will make our o-line look like toddlers, then again what team doesn't?

I swear, I'm not sure if people even watch the games. As strange as it may sound, our O-line played absolutely great today. Miami has one of the best d-line's in football and for the most part, we contained them very well. The O-line had absolutely nothing to do with the loss today.

we might win 1 more game maybe the jags, bright side we will get a good draft pick next year

I swear, I'm not sure if people even watch the games. As strange as it may sound, our O-line played absolutely great today. Miami has one of the best d-line's in football and for the most part, we contained them very well. The O-line had absolutely nothing to do with the loss today.

I wouldn't say great by no means, They were not the glaring reason for our loss, it was a combination of things but still they could have played much better in pass....ah forget it, same ole...same ole. lol

I wouldn't say great by no means, They were not the glaring reason for our loss, it was a combination of things but still they could have played much better in pass....ah forget it, same ole...same ole. lol

Luck got in trouble when there was nobody open down field. The O-line looked better today than they have in 5 yrs.. I think people are expecting 0 sacks and 0 pressures week in and week out. Not only is that unrealistic, it's kind of stupid and naive! Am I gonna say that the O-line has turned the corner on becoming a very good O-line? Heck NO, but people need to get over this notion that our O-line needs to look like NE's every week, because 99% of teams just don't get that lucky.

Yea you're right, luck wasn't knocked to the ground several times and he didn't get sacked three times either. The O-line had absolutely everything to do with us losing. Did you see the last play of the game??? I would never defend our o-line when they give up sacks and pressure all day long like today. But hey I guess luck might as well get used to it.

This.

Yea you're right, luck wasn't knocked to the ground several times and he didn't get sacked three times either. The O-line had absolutely everything to do with us losing. Did you see the last play of the game??? I would never defend our o-line when they give up sacks and pressure all day long like today. But hey I guess luck might as well get used to it.

Do you understand football? Miami was bringing the house on a 4th and 10 play. Of course there was pressure, good Lord. There isn't an O-line in football that would have held up in that kind of situation.

They were largely good today. We ran to the outside exceptionally well.

We're still sub-par trying to run up the middle though, we just kinda pinch, and stand there. We don't actually open up lanes or anything.

Yeah from what I saw they played pretty well before Phillip Wheeler went psycho the last couple of drives. Wake didn't do crap, you know your doing something right when you stop him.

Ah I see, so Adams missed kick, losing pts due to poor officiating, a critical interception by Luck and scoring FGs instead of TDs in the redzone had nothing to do with us losing. It was all on the OL, I see...

Do you understand football? Miami was bringing the house on a 4th and 10 play. Of course there was pressure, good Lord. There isn't an O-line in football that would have held up in that kind of situation.

Well if that was the case they would 'bring the house' every play. I guess your expectations for our o-line are way lower than everyone else's that love the colts. Of course we are expecting to NOT see andrew get hit or sacked. The day we start over looking our star qb getting slammed to the ground, we will have way bigger problems than just a few sacks a game. As of right now andrew IS our team. Without him we are nothing. Our line can't even manage to keep him clean for a game and that's cause for concern. I guess not for you though

Luck got in trouble when there was nobody open down field. The O-line looked better today than they have in 5 yrs.. I think people are expecting 0 sacks and 0 pressures week in and week out. Not only is that unrealistic, it's kind of stupid and naive! Am I gonna say that the O-line has turned the corner on becoming a very good O-line? Heck NO, but people need to get over this notion that our O-line needs to look like NE's every week, because 99% of teams just don't get that lucky.

I agree they looked better, wr's just were not getting open consistently to. Oh well it is what it is, all phases of our game need improvement, I think this means now with the Miami loss that we will have to beat a team that we are not favored to win

The Offensive line blocked well today for just about the entire game.  I don't have much bad to say about them.

We are in just about the same position this year that we were last year as far as our record is concerned.  We were

1-2 last year after the Jaguars loss and the Green Bay game was next and nobody thought we had a chance to win.

Dealing with the same circumstances headed into San Francisco we just have to prove the doubters wrong again.

Big task but I'm up to it!