Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts workout RB & CB

Everyone

Josh Wilson ‏@Coltsfanwilson 17m

#Colts worked out RBs William Powell and Miguel Maysonet and former Chiefs CB Jalil Brown.

Interesting. Always trying to improve the bottom of the roster.

I was hoping they were going to spell Ballard a little more with Brown. I know Bradshaw was on a pitch count. I don't want them to wear out Ballard early in the season. I hope no one is injured.

There is not a whole lot on Jalil Brown.  He was very good at Colorado....can he beat out Gordy?  My hope is a very loud YES.  We will see.  Gordy ONLY has shown excellent speed...nothing else.

The Eagles waived Powell for failing a physical 2 days after signing him in late July.  What does Grigs know about him?  

Here is an article on Maysonet....he was just cut Friday by the Browns.  This article says..."surprising move."

Do we NEED a back?  Bradshaw to me looked injured still.....my guess is he may be hurting.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/miguel-maysonet-cut-by-the-cleveland-browns-1.5988197

I hope Brown moves ahead of Cassius Vaughn on the depth chart so we don't see him on anywhere but ST. 

Brown is a safety.....but maybe Howell can slide over? (yes a safety too)  Either way good call on Vaughn....He was back to his old tricks in the last preseason game.

Edited by BrentMc11

So then Chiefs tried him out at CB and it didn't work? 

Lolly.....I am sorry.  I spaced it.  You said Brown, and I thought Sergio Brown immediately.  Jalil is a CB.  I totally misunderstood!  You get a double like for this post!!!  (See forum friends....the old LB is not afraid to admit his mistakes  :funny:

Do we NEED a back?  Bradshaw to me looked injured still.....my guess is he may be hurting.

He did look injuried.  But it's safe to say his foot will never be the same, Airport body scanners will tell you that.  I do feel he will get back to a VERY productive back.  If you take Bradshaw and let's say he's 92 % back to his old self (adjusting for his age however) and will never be higher than that.  We can take that as being just as good as an above average back (for 2 more years) who would gain 700 to 850 yards on the ground.  Adjust that by 5 more percent and he would be at 1000 yards (that's a feature back which he will not be so we don't really want 1000 yards out of this guy, we just want about 600).  He could be at 88% accrued versility and health and be that productive for us.

I doubt this is a statement on Bradshaw or our DB's.  More than likely, this is a search for special teams talent.

I agree.  Grigson and Pagano are probably trying to replace David Reed, who was brought in for ST and has been out injured (concussion?). 

It was more than that, colts tried these guys out yesterday.

@RavensInsider: Colts tried out running backs Miguel Maysonet, William Powell, defensive backs Jalil Brown, Mike Edwards, receiver Brandon Kaufman

Kaufman was not listed on the original tweet...here is a brief Wiki...another tall receiver.  68 grade not great....shame he came out a year early to be a UFA.

He had a 68.0 grade (50–69 grades are for those deemed to be a "Draftable Player"; the next higher grades of 70–84 are for "Eventual Starter"), ranking him 18th among 38 wide receivers.[9] He was the second-tallest (6-foot-5) and seventh-biggest (216 pounds) receiver at the combine.[9] He had a vertical jump of 33 1/2 inches.[9] That size and athletic ability had helped him consistently out-position and out-jump defensive backs competing for the ball Eagles career.[9]

Jalil Brown started some games for the Chiefs, 6'1 CB that is better in man coverage. He would be an upgrade over Vaughn as the 4th CB.

I would now send Gordy packing first, and I am Vaughn's worst critic.  Vaughn needs to stay as KO returner....wondering more and more why we signed Reed.  I hope he proves me wrong...I really do.

If ANY of you have followed Bradshaw's career you would know he is a "BALLER" on game day, and a constant scratch from practice during he week.    He cannot stay healthy.    Why would the Giants let such a "wonderful" player go?

This guy is walking a fine line between being damaged goods and being a contributor.      He won't be "healthy"  ALL season.

Thus the weak contract such a talented player received. 

Me personally I am not counting on this guy one bit.

Hmmmmmm....I wonder if Bradshaw needs a lot more time on the shelf.

If ANY of you have followed Bradshaw's career you would know he is a "BALLER" on game day, and a constant scratch from practice during he week.    He cannot stay healthy.    Why would the Giants let such a "wonderful" player go?

This guy is walking a fine line between being damaged goods and being a contributor.      He won't be "healthy"  ALL season.

Thus the weak contract such a talented player received. 

Me personally I am not counting on this guy one bit.

Bradshaw is a gamer.     I personally thought Ballard looked good Sunday and should remain the starter.