Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

To All the People Overreacting...

Andy

Different. Luck isn't out there trying to make plays with his legs and I doubt he was even thinking touchdown on his scoring run. 

You're wrong because of what you wrote here. Luck runs because he is going to be sacked or because he sees it as a better alternative than forcing a throw. That is trying to make a play, not getting sacked by running away is making a play. scoring a td on a scramble is making a play. 

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're wrong because of what you wrote here. Luck runs because he is going to be sacked or because he sees it as a better alternative than forcing a throw. That is trying to make a play, not getting sacked by running away is making a play. scoring a td on a scramble is making a play.

Isn't scrambling the effect of not wanting to force a throw? Don't see your point there. Usually scrambling indicates not having receivers open.

The play was not drawn up for him to make a play with his legs. How do you not understand this? I could find some crayons if it would help.

I doubt he was even looking for the touchdown when he escaped through the line. He saw an opening and took it to avoid a sack.

The play was not drawn up for him to make a play with his legs. How do you not understand this? I could find some crayons if it would help.

I doubt he was even looking for the touchdown when he escaped through the line. He saw an opening and took it to avoid a sack.

I didn't say it was a srawn up play, i said that once he went into "run mode" if you will that he was making a play with his legs. He didn't take the sack, he tried to make something happen with his legs. I believe you might need some crayons. 

Another thing I would like to add, we are really the first team to play Pryor and the new Raider offense this year.  Even though I think the Raiders making positive moves, I think once tape has been made on Pryor he will level out for the year.  We were kind of at an disadvantage because we didn't know until late who was actually starting for the Raiders.  Not saying it's an excuse for our poor defense against the option, just saying it's a thought and this could mean we will become better against it since we have our first true experience against it.

The most level headed post of the day goes to a pats fan lol.. No I would have to agree with you...

The Steelers are going to have a long year on O especially and major injuries already. I have concern about the Pats until Gronk comes back. When a RB is your one of your leading receivers it is concerning. But alas, week 1. A win is what matters. Luck still has IT too. After Manning and Brady, he is the one I would want in the fourth with the game on the line for the comeback.

You tend to bloviate, is all I meant. After about 3 paragraphs, the reader gets the feeling that you're over-extending your argument and it comes off as biased. 

Funny I made a post that showed what I had concerns about the game today.  With that said, we won the game and yes it was an un ugly win.  That's what Andrew Luck and the Colts have tended to do.  They have two wins that have come by more than one score out of 12.  It's not like they have a history of blowing teams out 50-0.  That's not called being a homer it's called not over reacting to today's game.  Was it a perfect win?  Do I like the fact that the Raiders QB ran for about a million yards on us today?  No.  Am I am willing to admit it's something that needs to be improved on?  Sure and have said so multiple times.  It's a win.  An Ugly win but ugly wins count just as much as pretty wins and that's the big picture.  Do things need to be cleaned up?  Sure.  However, I am not going to sit here and get upset over a game WE WON just because we didn't win pretty enough.  It's a game that is meant to be enjoyed by the fans and I tend to enjoy the wins.  Sometimes I think people around here forget that and honestly try way too hard to think like a GM or a Coach. 

With that said I am not sitting here saying this was a perfect win or saying we are going to the Super Bowl as a result of it.  That's what a homer would be doing.  I am just saying hey we won the game even if it wasn't the prettiest win ever.  I've seen the Colts win like this several times.  They all count the same and the important thing is that they won the game.  I also happened to be impressed with how the Raiders played today.  They get paid too and maybe they aren't going to be as awful as everyone thought they would be.  It's not like there isn't any precedent for that, look at us last year.  If nothing else they had a good game plan today, not the first time you could say that about a Raiders team vs. the Colts, in fact you can normally say that about the Raiders against the Colts.  They just play us close.  So I am just not going to over react to it.  Are there things that need to be improved?  Clearly. 

This reminds me a lot of when we beat the Giants in the first game of 2006 and we had fans saying we should be embraced and needed to apologize for that win because it wasn't large enough.  Do I think the Raiders are the Giants?  No, but anytime you win a game in the NFL it's a good day.  We are meant to enjoy it.  Enjoy the fact we won.  We are 1-0 which is a better start than we have had in any of the past three years.  It's okay to be happy we won a game even if there were flaws in the win. 

To be honest with you I think that was the first Read Option team we have even played.

Redskins last year in the pre-season but I am not sure how much we could have taken away from that even though it was the third pre-season game.

In the end I do think that is a good thing because now we've seen it.  That's an offense that's hard to prepare for if you've never seen it.  They should be able to start adjusting to it now that they have seen it. 

So you don't agree that avoiding a sack by running is making a play with your legs?

Your 15 minutes are up.

Nobody is going to take you serious:

http://forums.colts.com/topic/20340-chuck-pagano-post-game-speech/

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/Pagano-Locker-Room-Speech-Raiders-vs-Colts/bd646f03-c9ab-4efb-993a-aae2b5b04a5d?campaign=tw_vid__20130908_11677104

Since when did we have billy bob thornton coaching us?

This is what you have to say about our coach?

By the way, Billy Bob is a huge Colts fan.

Your 15 minutes are up.

Nobody is going to take you serious:

http://forums.colts.com/topic/20340-chuck-pagano-post-game-speech/

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/Pagano-Locker-Room-Speech-Raiders-vs-Colts/bd646f03-c9ab-4efb-993a-aae2b5b04a5d?campaign=tw_vid__20130908_11677104

This is what you have to say about our coach?

By the way, Billy Bob is a huge Colts fan.

what are you even going on about? What 15 minutes? The fact that i think Pagano sounds like Billy Bob Thornton makes me a joke/is offensive to you in some way? How about you don't avoid the question and just answer it kid. 

To be honest with you I think that was the first Read Option team we have even played.

Yeah, I was relieved that there weren't any RO teams on the schedule last year because it would've been a nightmare with that defense.

Redskins last year in the pre-season but I am not sure how much we could have taken away from that even though it was the third pre-season game.

In the end I do think that is a good thing because now we've seen it.  That's an offense that's hard to prepare for if you've never seen it.  They should be able to start adjusting to it now that they have seen it. 

IIRC, they didn't run any RO in that game. I remember wondering about it at the time because there were reports of them running it in closed practices and not in preseason games to save it for the Saints.

answer my question... How does me thinking Pagano sounds like billy bob offend you or make me a joke? what is wrong with a simple comparison nowadays?

Pagano had cancer and he (and his story) inspires our team with motivational speeches, while Billy Bob played the drunken coach of the Bad News Bears. It is a very poor choice of comparison.