Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

To All the People Overreacting...

Andy

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I hate that. That is incorrect. 

You're right if we're talking the post season or just the static W/L column on paper. There's a difference between winning and not losing, as semantic laden as that comment may appear. 

Straight up, we only won because the Raiders are terrible. We can't make those mistakes going forward.

Agree to disagree

I mentioned it before a win is maybe a win but a hit on Luck can be one hit to much and then we are really in trouble! I can live with the blown assignments on defense in the first game, but the O-Line issues have to be fixed FAST. The line scares the hell out of me. And yeah I know it will improve but thats what we said last year too and the year before...

I just hope we see OG Hugh Thornton starting sooner than later. I don't know if I can take much more of McGlynn.

Our lack of pass rush was pretty evident today as well. They were missing their 2 starting OTs, and we still couldn't generate much pressure. I know part of that is because of Pryor's ability to escape, but we couldn't even get close to him on many occasions.

The good thing is usually teams take a few weeks to get in sync, so hopefully we get this team finely tuned soon and improve the pass rush and OL woes, along with some other areas of deficiency.

Pryor will give several teams troubles, until he takes a real hard hit. Then the trick will be over. This is what all teams who utilize mobile quarterbacks will eventually have to deal with. 

That post could come back to bite you in the behind since our QB ran quite a bit today if I remember correctly. :)

Different. Luck isn't out there trying to make plays with his legs and I doubt he was even thinking touchdown on his scoring run. 

He was trying to keep the drive alive so that is making plays with his legs in my book. :thmup:  Admit it Luck will run with the best of them to keep the drive going.  Just hate to see him get injured doing so.

Different. Luck isn't out there trying to make plays with his legs and I doubt he was even thinking touchdown on his scoring run. 

Now what could possibly be different about that? He was out there running the ball and getting hit and sacked in the pocket. You all know where that will lead eventually. It isn't a matter of "if" but "when."

I just hope we see OG Hugh Thornton starting sooner than later. I don't know if I can take much more of McGlynn.

I hear that, he badly botched a block on a defender who should've sacked Luck. Luckily, even though the guy wrapped Luck up he still got away and turned it into a 9-10 yard first down run. I did not expect that play to happen. Luck is one absolutely stong guy. haha

Where are these posters coming from? I have never seen half of these people who are losing their minds today.

Not to mention we won.

You know what they call teams and players who win when they aren't playing good, or at their best? Great.

Anyone remember we lost to the Jags last year? Did that stunt our season, or prove we weren't good. No. Any given Sunday.

The Raiders came out playing pretty tough on D once they settled down. And frankly our D got caught with their pants down when Pryor started running, but they made the play when it was most vital. That sack, int was big time. Because its game over without them.

Calm down. Oh did I mention its the first game of the year? Did I also mention we won? Not sure many are getting that.

Now what could possibly be different about that? He was out there running the ball and getting hit and sacked in the pocket. You all know where that will lead eventually. It isn't a matter of "if" but "when."

If you don't know the difference between having to run to avoid sacks or it being the only option left to make a positive play, and them actually setting up designed runs for your QB, then I really really feel sorry for you.  When you have designed runs, which Pryor did today, and the other QBs running the read option do, you are opening the door that much wider for the "when".  Although, I don't know why I bothered with this post, a conversation with the wall will probably be more fruitful.

Raiders played a good game. Pryor played well. You have a lot to be proud of.

Now as far as Luck becoming a running quarterback; that is not who he is. 

1). I am a Colts fan, idk why you think im a raiders fan... 2). I said that WHEN Luck runs, he is making plays with his legs (since he is a smart player who only runs when he needs to) 3). You said he doesn't make plays with his legs, i said he does which is obvious because he scored a td doing it today and he avoids sacks all the time. 

1). I am a Colts fan, idk why you think im a raiders fan... 2). I said that WHEN Luck runs, he is making plays with his legs (since he is a smart player who only runs when he needs to) 3). You said he doesn't make plays with his legs, i said he does which is obvious because he scored a td doing it today and he avoids sacks all the time.

lmao

Are you having fun arguing with yourself?

What makes you say that? I'm arguing with you, and you're completely wrong. 

How I am wrong?

Did you read this:

If you don't know the difference between having to run to avoid sacks or it being the only option left to make a positive play, and them actually setting up designed runs for your QB, then I really really feel sorry for you.  When you have designed runs, which Pryor did today, and the other QBs running the read option do, you are opening the door that much wider for the "when".  Although, I don't know why I bothered with this post, a conversation with the wall will probably be more fruitful.

Colts can't tackle. They can't stop the run. Too many blown assignments. Not too much to be proud of today for the Colts.

Can you name one of the real Raider running backs we couldn't stop today?  If we played the Lions Stafford sure as heck couldn't do what Pryor did today. Who else do you have left to give you any indication that a running back could do the same thing the quarterback did today?  Running as a last resort is not the same as a designed running play.  

Worry about that non playoff team of yours.