Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

To All the People Overreacting...

Andy

It wasn't unanswered or we would have lost we did answer with the Luck TD and won the game when they didn't answer that.  It wasn't pretty but hey it's the NFL you take any win you can get even if there are mistakes from it that need to be cleaned up. 

As I pointed out earlier last year we were the "worst team in the league" going into the season according to the media.  How did that work out?  Maybe the Raiders are better than people think Pryor sure looked good today.  Just because the media makes a pre-season prediction doesn't make it true...FACT.

You don't have to be in the media to see that the Raiders aren't a good team at all. 

We'll do fine, but some serious retooling may be in order. 

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will adjust.  We will be fine on Defense against traditional drop back passing attacks.    I did notice there was a lot of safety's today on the scoreboards around the league. I think there was at least 3 of them.

jets beat the buc...the patriots barley won, too....falcons lost...seahawks barley won...this was a weird start for alot of the teams...those fans are prolly doing the same.. over reacting...at the end of the day our D did good stopping the RB...our secondary was good....and clutch...we just never went against the read b4...(i'm worried comes the san fran game and seahwks game)...but our D was good besides that...our offense thou...needs to score m

I'll admit to overreacting during the game but I was * frustrated. We were getting beaten up on by a one dimensional team and our o line went completely AWOL after the first two drives.

However now I can look back and engage brain somewhat I will gladly take the W and there are positives to be taken. The play of Luck, Reggie and even the secondary showed promise.

What will be telling is if we make improvements next week though we're facing a more traditional threat at QB.

I'm scared to play SF currently.

You don't have to be in the media to see that the Raiders aren't a good team at all. 

We'll do fine, but some serious retooling may be in order. 

Again, people said a lot of the samethings about us last year.  How did that turn out? 

This isn't the first time either that a "bad" team has played us close in our building week one either the last time was Jags who we beat something like 14-12 in Caldwell's first year and we went on to start 14-0.  Sometimes strange things just happen week one and bad teams play great because they are determined to turn things around and aren't beaten down yet and it also doesn't help that there wasn't a tone of tape on Pryor as a NFL QB either.  Give the Raiders some credit they played a really good game today.  It wasn't all what we did wrong.  At the end of the day we got the W and that's what counts or as the guy on the ESPN article I just read said Pryor was good today but Luck was just better and that's why the Colts won. 

It's the NFL it's hard to blow a team out.  Look at how many "close" games the Colts won with Manning against bad teams when those Manning teams were contending for a Super Bowl.  I think people are being brought back down to earth a little bit because we didn't win the game 70-0 like a lot thought was going to happen and they don't like it.  Are there areas of concern?  Sure, but we would have been foolish to think that there weren't going to be for a team that is just two years removed from being 2-14. 

We didn't look great but we won, so I will take the W. OL was very bad after our first 2 drives, but I really think it will improve.. Lets be happy with the W, and be happy we aren't Jets or Jags fans.

Have a good Sunday and Go :coltslogo:

Hey Jets fans are feeling pretty good right now they won too and have the same record as us.

My thoughts:

Luck is great but in order for him to be great, he need to be upright.

The running game has the potential of being very good but needs more opportunites.

There were no major problems with the Wrs.

The oline is very inconsistent. Sometimes there were actually not bad but a lot of the time, they were none existent.

Our run defense was pretty good against running backs but we definitely need to get a strategy sorted for the option play or we will look so stupid.

The secondary was good. Landry is definite upgrade over zibo.toler is good but sometimes I felt he was too aggressive and this left the Wrs open.

I'll take it. I said before the game to "Just win baby". :)

I think we will improve and it's still a work in progress. You can't expect to look like the 2007 Patriots or heck the 2013 Broncos every year in week 1.

Steady....clutch......it's still there........

:blueshoe:

A W is a W.

Besides, you cannot expect any team to roll over in any given week no matter how bad you think they should be.

Again, people said a lot of the samethings about us last year.  How did that turn out? 

This isn't the first time either that a "bad" team has played us close in our building week one either the last time was Jags who we beat something like 14-12 in Caldwell's first year and we went on to start 14-0.  Sometimes strange things just happen week one and bad teams play great because they are determined to turn things around and aren't beaten down yet and it also doesn't help that there wasn't a tone of tape on Pryor as a NFL QB either.  Give the Raiders some credit they played a really good game today.  It wasn't all what we did wrong.  At the end of the day we got the W and that's what counts or as the guy on the ESPN article I just read said Pryor was good today but Luck was just better and that's why the Colts won. 

It's the NFL it's hard to blow a team out.  Look at how many "close" games the Colts won with Manning against bad teams when those Manning teams were contending for a Super Bowl.  I think people are being brought back down to earth a little bit because we didn't win the game 70-0 like a lot thought was going to happen and they don't like it.  Are there areas of concern?  Sure, but we would have been foolish to think that there weren't going to be for a team that is just two years removed from being 2-14. 

You could continue to write chapters in your novel of homer, or, you could be objective and recognize that Colts fans have legitimate reason for concern when this show hits the road. 

We lost total control at home against a team that sported a one-trick-pony offense. 

This season could go 2-ways. We squeak into the Wildcard or we lose 10 games. Some positives; Our run game looked solid. We didn't turn the ball over. I think we'll be fine, but some serious issues arose. We have good leadership, that's our calling card ATM.  

If the Raiders are one of the worse teams in the NFL, then how in the world could our performance today and many fans reaction to it in any way be considered over-reacting?    I wonder if you would have posted the same thing if we got the L today - I highly doubt it!

Our D against a mobile QB has always been suspect in todays NFL that needs addressed!  Our O-Line was horrible as well - needs addressed!

If we do not greatly improve in those areas we will end up on the bottom side of .500!

You could continue to write chapters in your novel of homer, or, you could be objective and recognize that Colts fans have legitimate reason for concern when this show hits the road. 

We lost total control at home against a team that sported a one-trick-pony offense. 

This season could go 2-ways. We squeak into the Wildcard or we lose 10 games. Some positives; Our run game looked solid. We didn't turn the ball over. I think we'll be fine, but some serious issues arose. We have good leadership, that's our calling card ATM.  

If you disagree with me disagree with me no need to name call me because you don't like what I am saying. 

The Colts just won. So they didn't beat the Raiders by 54, like many expected, but they got the hard fought win which is always good. 

Games like this, no matter if it's against the Raiders or the 85 Bears, will make you stronger, mentally and physically. 

The Colts were consistently beat by one of the most athletic quarterbacks in the league. That read option he did was the only reason, the ONLY reason, they had a chance to win today. The O-line was inconsistent, but they weren't the reason this game was so close. So, one person doing the same thing kept this game close. 

You don't think the coaches will go back and try and fix this... they will. 

So, let's all sit back, relax and enjoy the victory. The Colts are 1-0, and have the best record in teh AFC along with several other teams. 

Again, this was a tough one, but there are many positives to take away, and it's only the first game. The Colts aren't "doomed", Luck isn't a bust, and the coaching staff isn't bad. There is potential on this team and I saw a lot of it today.

:rantoff:

I believe most of the over reactions are coming from trolls, who are disguising them selves as Colts fans. No real Colt fan would be upset with a win.

Now that said. we have areas we need to improve on, and we will see how we look against Miami next week.

Pryor will give several teams troubles, until he takes a real hard hit. Then the trick will be over. This is what all teams who utilize mobile quarterbacks will eventually have to deal with. 

If the Raiders are one of the worse teams in the NFL, then how in the world could our performance today and many fans reaction to it in any way be considered over-reacting? I wonder if you would have posted the same thing if we got the L today - I highly doubt it!

Our D against a mobile QB has always been suspect in todays NFL that needs addressed! Our O-Line was horrible as well - needs addressed!

If we do not greatly improve in those areas we will end up on the bottom side of .500!

Because the Steelers lost to the Titans and the pats barely escaped the Bills. You think they're overacting?

In the end, we won the game, and that is what really matters.

Whatever happened after those first 2 drives, we looked different. We weren't the same team we were out of the gate.

We definitely need to see some improvement from containment, it was really bad.

O-line looked below average, McGlynn looks lost and so does Satele. Definitely need to work on blitz pick-up.

I believe most of the over reactions are coming from trolls, who are disguising them selves as Colts fans. No real Colt fan would be upset with a win.

Now that said. we have areas we need to improve on, and we will see how we look against Miami next week.

I don't think people are upset with the win. People are upset that we almost lost. .....and we did, in fact, almost lose that after completely controlling the 1st QTR. 

We lost control on offense. We lost control on defense. We even lost control of the clock. 

However....we did not lose control of the ball. Werner got yanked (for the most part), kudos to the coaching staff for getting the hook out.

I'm legitimately concerned about how we're going to fair on the road. 

No names being called. I think you're being a bit sly in your denial that the issues shown today were leaning toward the serious side. 

I said multiple times in my posts there is no question there were mistakes.  I even gave a post where I laid out what I thought were concerns from today's game.  With that said, we won the game that's what counts, it's not the first time I've seen the Colts win ugly with Luck, or win ugly week one, or win ugly vs. the Raiders.  I've seen far better Colts teams win uglier games against the Raiders. 

Also just for the record telling me to keep writing chapters in my novel of homer is name calling.  It has nothing to do with the point. 

Because the Steelers lost to the Titans and the pats barely escaped the Bills. You think they're overacting?

The Steelers are going to have a long year on O especially and major injuries already. I have concern about the Pats until Gronk comes back. When a RB is your one of your leading receivers it is concerning. But alas, week 1. A win is what matters. Luck still has IT too. After Manning and Brady, he is the one I would want in the fourth with the game on the line for the comeback.

This ^^^^^

It's Week 1 people....really screwball things happen, but we won the game.

If we're 1 - 4 a month from now then we'll know things aren't getting fixed right. 

I don't think people are upset with the win. People are upset that we almost lost. .....and we did, in fact, almost lose that after completely controlling the 1st QTR. 

We lost control on offense. We lost control on defense. We even lost control of the clock. 

However....we did not lose control of the ball. Werner got yanked (for the most part), kudos to the coaching staff for getting the hook out.

I'm legitimately concerned about how we're going to fair on the road. 

Most of the people upset are in disguise as a Colts fan. It has been clear for a while now. You know the ones I am talking about and by no means was I including you in my comment. 

What happened was we played against a very athletic quarterback, who ran around from sideline to sideline and he wore our defense out. We need to work on setting the edge better against the more mobile quarterback and we also need to start laying some hits on him when we get the opportunity. 

It is week 1 and the first game of the season is always a little goofy. This game gives us a win, and some good work and game film to come up with a game plan against Kaepernick. 

Also just for the record telling me to keep writing chapters in my novel of homer is name calling.  It has nothing to do with the point. 

You tend to bloviate, is all I meant. After about 3 paragraphs, the reader gets the feeling that you're over-extending your argument and it comes off as biased. 

I don't know if it's overreacting, but we expect, or hope, that we have a better defense every year and it never seems to happen.  We alsot expected to solidly beat the Raiders but we barely came out with a win.  We got bailed out by a couple of bad throws by Pryor and one bobbled TD by the Raiders that was called back.  There were so many missed assignments on defense.  Hopefully, we can just chalk this one up to just being the first game of the season and hope that things will get better. 

Most of the people upset are in disguise as a Colts fan. It has been clear for a while now. You know the ones I am talking about and by no means was I including you in my comment. 

What happened was we played against a very athletic quarterback, who ran around from sideline to sideline and he wore our defense out. We need to work on setting the edge better against the more mobile quarterback and we also need to start laying some hits on him when we get the opportunity. 

It is week 1 and the first game of the season is always a little goofy. This game gives us a win, and some good work and game film to come up with a game plan against Kaepernick. 

I'll say this, anytime ANY team gets a win in week 1, it is a good thing. Week 1-3 tends to be a smeared merger of pre-season into the real deal. 

We saw this numerous times under Peyton's watch over the years. Even with Denver last year, whom looked befuddled at first, then rattled off 11 straight. 

I'm happy with the win. Unhappy with the faulty nature in which it was procured. 

I'll say this, anytime ANY team gets a win in week 1, it is a good thing. Week 1-3 tends to be a smeared merger of pre-season into the real deal. 

We saw this numerous times under Peyton's watch over the years. Even with Denver last year, whom looked befuddled at first, then rattled off 11 straight. 

I'm happy with the win. Unhappy with the faulty nature in which it was procured. 

We got work to do

We got work to do

Good news is, we have TREMENDOUS leadership and if us peons can recognize glaring shortcomings, I'm sure Chuck and company are on it like stink on poo. 

I don't think what happened today was a lack of talent (with the exception of Werner and Sheppard). Pryor seemed unsackable. How many times did veteran Colts pass-rushers have a clean bead on that jaguar of a QB only to catch an armful of air?

....And Sheppard. My god that was woeful. Good new is Conner will be back very soon. Sheppard showed a terrible inability to burst and close, standing upright while Pryor ran through his arms. I think if Conner was in, Pryor's mass-claiming of yardage on foot would've been nominal.  

well if we can't analyze without being called "over reacting" then what the heck are we doing here....

We are just discussing in a forum.....

When did we get to be so argumentative...does it have to be one or the other.

I am freaking happy we won, believe me, I wouldn't have been able to show my face at work... LOL

There were just some things I was not happy with...like almost losing... :D

We got work to do

Which we have had to do even if we had blown that team out. We have lots of new people who are still learning their positions. It really is amazing that the Colts were able to win when a team played that well and gave that kind of effort against them. The did what they needed to do to win and that is what it is all about.

A win is a win

No. I hate that. That is incorrect. 

You're right if we're talking the post season or just the static W/L column on paper. There's a difference between winning and not losing, as semantic laden as that comment may appear. 

Straight up, we only won because the Raiders are terrible. We can't make those mistakes going forward. 

Good news is, we have TREMENDOUS leadership and if us peons can recognize glaring shortcomings, I'm sure Chuck and company are on it like stink on poo. 

I don't think what happened today was a lack of talent (with the exception of Werner and Sheppard). Pryor seemed unsackable. How many times did veteran Colts pass-rushers have a clean bead on that jaguar of a QB only to catch an armful of air?

....And Sheppard. My god that was woeful. Good new is Conner will be back very soon. Sheppard showed a terrible inability to burst and close, standing upright while Pryor ran through his arms. I think if Conner was in, Pryor's mass-claiming of yardage on foot would've been nominal.  

I've been trying to see what Pagano said on colts.com but for some reason my browser is failing me

I do need consoling

After tom. night half of the nfl teams will have a losing record, time to panic no.  We won our fist game and had some very good areas: special teams, running back play, no turn overs, very few penalties, etc.   We have been trained over the years that our GREAT COLTS should 10-6 and better, so when we see some things that could possibly lead us to not reaching our ultimate goals, then we flip out.  Can areas be better yes, truly all the areas could be better, but to over react and start calling for heads to role, is crazy.  Just imagine if we would have lost!!!