Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

To All the People Overreacting...

Andy

The Colts just won. So they didn't beat the Raiders by 54, like many expected, but they got the hard fought win which is always good. 

Games like this, no matter if it's against the Raiders or the 85 Bears, will make you stronger, mentally and physically. 

The Colts were consistently beat by one of the most athletic quarterbacks in the league. That read option he did was the only reason, the ONLY reason, they had a chance to win today. The O-line was inconsistent, but they weren't the reason this game was so close. So, one person doing the same thing kept this game close. 

You don't think the coaches will go back and try and fix this... they will. 

So, let's all sit back, relax and enjoy the victory. The Colts are 1-0, and have the best record in teh AFC along with several other teams. 

Again, this was a tough one, but there are many positives to take away, and it's only the first game. The Colts aren't "doomed", Luck isn't a bust, and the coaching staff isn't bad. There is potential on this team and I saw a lot of it today.

:rantoff:

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. It was the first game, with a lot of new players on D. They will gel. Pryor kept them in it with his quickness. We had some really bad blown assignments (completion to wide open TE, Bethea knew it and was trying to get it corrected before the snap)....the o line needs work, but they were also bringing 6+ guys a LOT. We have to make teams pay for that. Pep needs to work in some quick slants to defeat the blitz. The line played pretty well straight up, they struggled with pressure. Bradshaw didn't do much, IMO. Ballard looked better to me. But a win is a win. Teams get better the most between the first and 2nd games (usually).....

The Colts just won. So they didn't beat the Raiders by 54, like many expected, but they got the hard fought win which is always good. 

Games like this, no matter if it's against the Raiders or the 85 Bears, will make you stronger, mentally and physically. 

The Colts were consistently beat by one of the most athletic quarterbacks in the league. That read option he did was the only reason, the ONLY reason, they had a chance to win today. The O-line was inconsistent, but they weren't the reason this game was so close. So, one person doing the same thing kept this game close. 

So, let's all sit back, relax and enjoy the victory. The Colts are 1-0, and have the best record in teh AFC along with several other teams. 

Again, this was a tough one, but there are many positives to take away, and it's only the first game. The Colts aren't "doomed", Luck isn't a bust, and the coaching staff isn't bad. There is potential on this team and I saw a lot of it today.

I think you are right about most of that. They had lots of new people to work in. However, based on this, I don't see them beating any of the other three AFC West Teams they will play. The got pushed to the limit by the worst team in the NFL. They made Pryor look like an all pro QB. The defense still sucks, the offensive line gave up for sacks and Luck had to come from behind yet again but this time it was against a very bad team. That all said, I still think you are right and it is the first came of the season. A win is a win even if it is ugly.

Colts can't tackle. They can't stop the run. Too many blown assignments. Not too much to be proud of today for the Colts.

How about the nice game from Vick Ballard? How about Andrew Luck?

How about the perfection the Colts did for the first quarter and a little bit.

How about the play of the secondary, especially when it mattered?

How about Reggie Wayne? The guy's close to retirement and is still one of the most reliable receivers around.

How about the run defense against the running backs (obviously not agianst Pryor)? They stopped McFadden.

I can keep going too.

How about the nice game from Vick Ballard? How about Andrew Luck?

How about the perfection the Colts did for the first quarter and a little bit.

How about the play of the secondary, especially when it mattered?

How about Reggie Wayne? The guy's close to retirement and is still one of the most reliable receivers around.

How about the run defense against the running backs (obviously not agianst Pryor)? They stopped McFadden.

I can keep going too.

Lions avatar.

Amen, @ the end of the day I think what matters the most would be the win.

Line backing D- no containment ,pass protection c- other than Ballard I give him a B PLUS, OL on run blocking B,on pass protection C- RBs Ballard A ran the ball well,Bradshaw C 1 nice run almost cost game on 4th and 1,recieving Solid B across the board.Secondary B interceptions great but again a couple blown coverages almost cost us.DL A against stopping McFadden ,c- on pass rush.Bottum line is overall we really got to clean things up,but it was a win,oh almost forgot Special Teams B

The Raiders almost beat the Falcons last year they have a good secondary.  They do a great job of taking away the deep ball which is why T.Y didn't do much. Branch and Woodson forced Luck to throw everything underneath and he did, we just didn't have much time because of the creative edge blitzes.

It's tough to win any game in the NFL.  Well, Jags... no they can be tough too. :)  Folks, as longs as we continue to get better and be better than the opponent each time, we should be where we want to be at the end of the season.  Pryor was a tough matchup. Our O had no turnovers (key in a game like this!!).  I hope the D (assignments and discipline, especially on read/option plays) and o-line improve significantly.  I'll take this W

It's one week. Pittsburgh and Atlanta lost. A W is all that matters. Andrew lead another game winning drive. Defense did enough but unfortunately looked unprepared for a mobile QB.

Yeah def but at the same time it's gotta be difficult to prepare for Pryor anyways considering it was his first NFL regular season game. For all we know once he avoids the mistakes he could be very good.

On the reverse you could say it would be difficult to prepare for us also under Peps new offense. Colts O just looked unstoppable for awhile but then just fizzled with the blink of an eye. D did a good job at stopping McFadden but yet not Pryor.

Definitely a lot of positives, a lot of things to correct as well.

I'm not sure i've ever been as disappointed with a win as I am today. Maybe I was expecting too much, but the containment on Pryor was just embarrassingly bad. The offensive playcalling was terrible and the o-line still needs major work. I'm not usually one to over react but I was not impressed today.

The Raiders ALWAYS play the Colts though too.  Our last two wins  came thanks to a punt return for a TD and a bootleg by Peyton Manning of all people.  I think there is something to the idea of a team you don't play that often always giving you fits.  Also I think Pryor played extremely well and so the did the Raiders D, every play the Colts had dialed up the Raiders seemed to have the perfect play in place to counter it.  Colts made a lot of mistakes no question but some credit needs to be given to the Raiders as well. 

Some pluses you can take away from the game, we won.  Andrew Luck has another fourth quarter comeback, and the Colts are now 10-1 in one score games under him.  That is un real experience that is going to pay off huge for his career.  Luck didn't turn the ball over today and was 18 of 23 or a 78% completion percentage which were the two main areas we wanted to see improve after last season and they did. 

The Colts as a team ran for over 100 yards today and most of it came from the backs.

The defense came up with two turnovers while they didn't give it away on offense and that was the difference in the game. 

Reggie Wayne is awesome and a stud at life.

The run defense against the Raiders backs played very well.  No question QBs running gave them fits but it's giving most defenses in the NFL fits.  Sooner or later some DC is going to figure out how to stop it and every team in the league is going to copy it.

Special Teams coverage unit played well as well as much people were all worked up about that all pre-season.  They made a copy of stops inside the 20 and tackled the punt returner on one punt as soon as he caught it. They came close to blocking a Raiders punt as well.  We didn't really get to see the kick return game and Hilton had a decent return on a punt as well.

As for what needs to be worked on, getting off the field on third down.  Raiders were killing the Colts on that down all day. 

Stopping the running QB is also something they need to work on.

The Colts blocking in general has real issues when other team blitzes.  Castonzo got destroyed today and I don't know if he just wasn't 100% or what but that's a concern.  I know people are going to complain about McGlynn because he's the whipping boy but it wasn't ALL his fault today.  Also Luck needs to do a little more at pointing out the blitz pre play and assigning blockers as well as knowing the blitz is coming and he has to dump it fast.  The looked a little lost with the blitz today.  Maybe a few more play action passes or screens to take advantage of a defense when they get aggressive like that. 

Luck's deep ball timing with Hilton is off.  He seemed to have better timing with DHB during the pre-season maybe that's why DHB starts. 

No major pass rush.  The Colts were sending a lot of guys but it wasn't getting there till the very end of the game.  Credit Pryor too he did a great job dumping the ball quickly and making defenders miss with his feet.  Pryor played a really good game today for a guy making his first start.  He made two big mistakes though and Luck did not that was the difference in the game. 

Offense goes into funks at times and has a hard time coming out of it. 

It's an ugly win but most of the Colts wins last season were ugly normally week one is ugly because it's week one but hey even though it wasn't pretty and maybe not the blow out most thought it was going to be but coming into today we had lost our last three season openers so we are 1-0 that's more than we could have said the past three years even if it was ugly. 

Bullocks. That was embarrassing and we got exposed. One of the very worst teams in the league and they stuck 17 unanswered on us, almost winning...in our house. 

Serious concerns have surfaced. 

It wasn't unanswered or we would have lost we did answer with the Luck TD and won the game when they didn't answer that.  It wasn't pretty but hey it's the NFL you take any win you can get even if there are mistakes from it that need to be cleaned up. 

As I pointed out earlier last year we were the "worst team in the league" going into the season according to the media.  How did that work out?  Maybe the Raiders are better than people think Pryor sure looked good today.  Just because the media makes a pre-season prediction doesn't make it true...FACT.

jets beat the buc...the patriots barley won, too....falcons lost...seahawks barley won...this was a weird start for alot of the teams...those fans are prolly doing the same.. over reacting...at the end of the day our D did good stopping the RB...our secondary was good....and clutch...we just never went against the read b4...(i'm worried comes the san fran game and seahwks game)...but our D was good besides that...our offense thou...needs to score more points