Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DaRick Rogers a Dez Bryant Julio Jones clone according to sources....

jshipp23

Remember Pierre Garcon came from nowhere as well....If Rogers doesn't succeed here he won't succeed anywhere...Not a better spot for him to land and learn how a Pro should conduct himself....I have a feeling Mathis, Wayne, Luck and Pagano will get the most out of this kid....Bottom line is there is zero risk and this could pay off huge....

yeah, like they have nothing better to do but to play nanny for some dumb*ss on the practice squad.. 

I'll never understand why players with that much natural talent choose to destroy their careers by being knuckleheads.  

He has to open his ears and his shut his mouth.  Do everything the coaches tell him on and off the field.  If he really has the talent he'll play.

The problem is.  When they have the talent, they are made out to be gods from a young age.  So they just expect it to keep being that way.  And never learn humility.  And just think that they can do what they want.  

For those of you that are pacers. Lance Stevenson, he was a complete nutcase with a load of talent. Started out rough but he's really starting to get it together.

If he wants to succeed he has a really good chance with the colts. Imagine dhb, Rogers and Hilton as our future wr's.

This may come as a surprise, but I don't disagree with your post....

That said....

Remember....   think of the players who were knocked down in the draft due to character concerns...  recently, guys like Janoris Jenkins, (2nd round)  Tyrann Mathieu (3rd round)  and Montori Hughes (5th round with a 4th round '14 draft pick)....

Those guys were actually drafted.     But Rogers was passed over by everyone in the NFL....   254 picks and no one took him.

Think about how bad his personnel profile must look for every team to pass him over when he's got loads of talent?!?   Must look awful.

Then,  he signs as a free agent and with a team that could really use his talent....     and he doesn't even stick on the Practice Squad.

In short,  just because he's incredibly talented,  doesn't mean he'll ever live up to his skill set.   He might never grow-up and figure it out....   he might never "get it"...     He's always one stupid meatball thing away from being unemployed....

Just some food for thought....

I normally try to stay positive on the moves that the Colts make but this one has me a little worried. All the talent in the world makes no difference if he can't get his head on right. Not being able to make the Bills team at all is a negative sign. If Pagano and the coaching staff can make a player out of him it would be great. Teaching a player like Adongo ( who has the attitude ) is a little different than dealing with a head case.. The conditional draft pick would what?? if the guy don't work out. 

Dez Bryant has the natural ability to be a top 5 receiver every year. It is really all up to him. 

I agree that the comparison can be made that each get in their own way, but I will not say that Rogers has the ability to be a top 5 receiver. If that was the case then every team would not have passed him up in the draft, he would not have been cut by the Bills, and he surely would not be sitting on our practice squad right now. 

Ehh it depends, the guy could have all the physical tools but doesn't work hard enough to use them and is too much of a head case to keep on your roster.

Also only certain teams can take a shot on guys like this.  They need to be teams with strong locker rooms and clear leaders who have the whole team on the same page. The Bills quite frankly may not have that sort of strong locker room presence that we have in Indy.  

And if you are a team that doesn't have that kind of locker room presence.  You are better off cutting a guy like that then risking problems in the locker room.

Considering our strong locker room it's worth the risk. (Especially since his on practice squad and not on the roster, which strongly limits our risk)  But I wouldn't get too excited yet, convincing a trouble maker to give that up, shut up, grow up and start working hard at football is a lot easier said then done.  

Especially when it's a guy who has been skating by his whole football life on his physical talents alone dominating the competition.  He doesn't know how to work hard to get ahead.

Ehh it depends, the guy could have all the physical tools but doesn't work hard enough to use them and is too much of a head case to keep on your roster.

Also only certain teams can take a shot on guys like this.  They need to be teams with strong locker rooms and clear leaders who have the whole team on the same page. The Bills quite frankly may not have that sort of strong locker room presence that we have in Indy.  

And if you are a team that doesn't have that kind of locker room presence.  You are better off cutting a guy like that then risking problems in the locker room.

Considering our strong locker room it's worth the risk. (Especially since his on practice squad and not on the roster, which strongly limits our risk)  But I wouldn't get too excited yet, convincing a trouble maker to give that up, shut up, grow up and start working hard at football is a lot easier said then done.  

Especially when it's a guy who has been skating by his whole football life on his physical talents alone dominating the competition.  He doesn't know how to work hard to get ahead.

I don't agree completely, but do see your point. Owens stuck around a long time in this league. Cutting Boyett sends a message. If Rogers doesn't get it here then he is finished.

I don't agree completely, but do see your point. Owens stuck around a long time in this league. Cutting Boyett sends a message. If Rogers doesn't get it here then he is finished.

While Owens and Chad Johnson where in my opinion immature in how they acted, they also worked hard on the practice field.  (I've known immature people who work hard at whatever job they do, but can't resist doing stupid stuff in their off hours.)  I also don't think they got a arrested a lot either or got in troubles with the law.  I know Chad Johnson did at the end of his career while in training camp with the fins, but did he have a habit of that before that?  

There is also the possibility that their media personality was at least in part a shtick.  

How much of the Boyett release can be attributed to the 'zero tolerance' speech that was surely given to Rogers when he inked the contract to our Practice Squad?  If you put that fear in the heart of someone SOMETIMES it helps to adjust the attitude issues.

Having said that, this is ultimately a low risk-high reward signing that could go either way.  The way Grigson churns through PS players he may last a week. LOL

If somehow he figures out how to be a professional, learns the playbook and shows the coaches what they need to see in the film room and on the practice field we could very well see him playing on Sunday's at some point this season.

Sure, a future WR Corps of Wayne (another year or two), DHB, TY and Da'Rick would be impressive talent wise and would certainly give Luck some pretty solid options to throw to......but lets not put the cart before the horse (no pun intended)!

While Owens and Chad Johnson where in my opinion immature in how they acted, they also worked hard on the practice field.  (I've known immature people who work hard at whatever job they do, but can't resist doing stupid stuff in their off hours.)  I also don't think they got a arrested a lot either or got in troubles with the law.  I know Chad Johnson did at the end of his career while in training camp with the fins, but did he have a habit of that before that?  

There is also the possibility that their media personality was at least in part a shtick.  

Good points that I do not disagree with. 

I normally try to stay positive on the moves that the Colts make but this one has me a little worried. All the talent in the world makes no difference if he can't get his head on right. Not being able to make the Bills team at all is a negative sign. If Pagano and the coaching staff can make a player out of him it would be great. Teaching a player like Adongo ( who has the attitude ) is a little different than dealing with a head case.. The conditional draft pick would what?? if the guy don't work out. 

No conditional pick here....   not to the best of my knowledge...   we grabbed him as a FA...

And while my post is somewhat negative,  I'm all for the move.   Way more upside than there is downside.   He's only on our practice squad.   He can see how things are done the Horseshoe way...   If the light comes on and he figures it out,  then he's a steal...

But, if he's still a knucklehead....  then... we say goodbye....

I'm all for this move....     thumbs up from me....      :thmup: