Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts will be dominate

superrep1967

I don't listen to the national guys talk about the Colts. That's why I don't watch ESPN or anything and I'm a huge sports fan. These Colts are going to dominate barring serious injuries. I look at this team and were going to be strong at every position almost. lol.(guard) If you listen to the so called experts predict this Colts team then you're not doing your homework. If you've followed this team from the super bowl this year until now then you know how strong this team is. It's really very funny to me that this guys on TV (local market included)won't admit what they really feel on TV (Bob Kravitz) in the fear of being embarrassed at another time. I mean why would this team regress we got almost everybody back and added some great talent I went through this before last season and I'm doing it again. I'm not afraid to say it 14-2 and super bowl bound IMO. By the way I do like Jeff Saturday of course even if he does work for ESPN.

I think a common phrase we'll hear this year is that the Colts defence "frustrates the opposition".  I think when we were weak on 3rd down's we will now step up and make other teams punt, I think when we were soft against the run we will now force teams to pass.

I don't think we'll have league leaders in sacks or interceptions but we'll frustrate oppositions with our D and Luck will get lots of opportunities to use the ball.

I think a common phrase we'll hear this year is that the Colts defence "frustrates the opposition".  I think when we were weak on 3rd down's we will now step up and make other teams punt, I think when we were soft against the run we will now force teams to pass.

I don't think we'll have league leaders in sacks or interceptions but we'll frustrate oppositions with our D and Luck will get lots of opportunities to use the ball.

With our offense as good I know it is and if the defense can make stops as I know it will. We will blowing out teams. 

To me, it seems like some analysts are still salty because of how bad the Colts made them look last year. They come up with so many irrelevant reasons on why we will struggle this year (tougher schedule, shaky oline, struggling defense). Many of the same reasons they said we'd struggle last year and fail to realize how huge some of the upgrades weve made this offseason are. The excuse I hate the most is "the Colts snuck up on a lot of teams last year and won most of their games off emotion from their coach's cancer." It makes me cringe.

I honestly think 11 wins is the floor for this team this year. Just about all the predictions ive seen have us losing all three games to the 49ers, Seahawks, and Broncos. I dont see any way we dont win at LEAST one of those games. 5-1 in the division is definitely possible and i think we completely steamroll a few teams. I could be wrong and we could end up 7-9 and prove many of the analysts right, but this team is a lot better than people realize

I don't listen to the national guys talk about the Colts. That's why I don't watch ESPN or anything and I'm a huge sports fan. These Colts are going to dominate barring serious injuries. I look at this team and were going to be strong at every position almost. lol.(guard) If you listen to the so called experts predict this Colts team then you're not doing your homework. If you've followed this team from the super bowl this year until now then you know how strong this team is. It's really very funny to me that this guys on TV (local market included)won't admit what they really feel on TV (Bob Kravitz) in the fear of being embarrassed at another time. I mean why would this team regress we got almost everybody back and added some great talent I went through this before last season and I'm doing it again. I'm not afraid to say it 14-2 and super bowl bound IMO. By the way I do like Jeff Saturday of course even if he does work for ESPN.

I do not listen to the paid pundits who make a living talking about how many different pair of socks RGIII has in his in his wardrobe. Most of these so called professionals said the Colts would only win 4 games last year and we were ranked 32 on just about every preseason power ranking in 2012.

I am not ready to say we will be a dominant team, but I believe we are a very complete team, and have the pieces in place to become a dominant team. 

The excuse I hate the most is "the Colts snuck up on a lot of teams last year and won most of their games off emotion from their coach's cancer." It makes me cringe.

I honestly think 11 wins is the floor for this team this year.

I hate that excuse so much too.  The Saints lost their head coach and they lose 3 or 4 more games than they typically do.  And they couldn't rally as a team given their circumstances and feeling wronged by the Bountygate suspension?  That's garbage, if you ask me. 

As far as 11 being the floor, I dunno.  I take the critics opinions with a grain of salt, but out schedule is much harder this year.  Yeah, we went 3-1 against the NFC N, and I think we could go 2-2 against hte NFC W.  But our division has improved, and the AFC W has improved, too.  I think, realistically, the floor is 8 wins, and if we can steal a couple of games against the 49ers, Seahawks, Cardinals, Broncos, we could hit 11 wins.  I just don't see us getting to 12 wins.  I believe we can, I really do.  But if you are asking for my most unbiased, realistic opinion, we win 9 or 10 games.

We may win the Super Bowl, but we have lost our war on illiteracy.

And we're now second to Mexico in obesity.  We've got to try harder to be number one!  Get on that beer and donut diet.

BTW, "defence" is an acceptable spelling.  Some peoples our weigh two pacific about gramma.

Well...alright.  I'm all for confidence in our team and everything, but dominant?  I think we have a chance to be a pretty good team, and a clear playoff contender.  I don't think we've done anything that should make anyone think we'll be a dominant football team.

I really think we'll have 9 to 11 wins this year.  A good season, but far from dominant.

Even if we do win some 13/14 games, I highly doubt we're going to be blowing people out of the water in the process.  I expect a lot of close wins and comebacks (it's just kind of what we do, right?)

And we're now second to Mexico in obesity.  We've got to try harder to be number one!  Get on that beer and donut diet.

BTW, "defence" is an acceptable spelling.  Some peoples our weigh two pacific about gramma.

Rediculous

We WERE No 1. Alas Mexico overtook us.

I think our defense will win more games for us than lose. I am still waiting to see Fleener take that next step to be consistent  in the catching department. If  our Oline can actually run block and gain yards in goal line drives. And if Bradshaw is half as good as some think he is, we just may be a a "Dominate" team.   But the injury bug seems to live at LOS.

American Samoa is #1. The US doesn't even crack the top 10.....where is the pride?

Oddly enough Saudi Arabia is up there which surprised me. Must a be a lot of McDonalds over there. They showed one guy who's been bed ridden- 1400lbs.

Back on topic- Colts will dominate...roighttttt.

London Bridge is falling down

I do not listen to the paid pundits who make a living talking about how many different pair of socks RGIII has in his in his wardrobe. Most of these so called professionals said the Colts would only win 4 games last year and we were ranked 32 on just about every preseason power ranking in 2012.

I am not ready to say we will be a dominant team, but I believe we are a very complete team, and have the pieces in place to become a dominant team. 

Fair enough!!!

I think our defense will win more games for us than lose. I am still waiting to see Fleener take that next step to be consistent  in the catching department. If  our Oline can actually run block and gain yards in goal line drives. And if Bradshaw is half as good as some think he is, we just may be a a "Dominate" team.   But the injury bug seems to live at LOS.

I couldn't agree more!! 

Well...alright.  I'm all for confidence in our team and everything, but dominant?  I think we have a chance to be a pretty good team, and a clear playoff contender.  I don't think we've done anything that should make anyone think we'll be a dominant football team.

I really think we'll have 9 to 11 wins this year.  A good season, but far from dominant.

Even if we do win some 13/14 games, I highly doubt we're going to be blowing people out of the water in the process.  I expect a lot of close wins and comebacks (it's just kind of what we do, right?)

Okay then who's better? What do the Colts need to do in your examination to be dominant then? What positions need improvement?

Exactly well said!!

close wins and combacks maybe in 49ers seahawks and broncos games but I expect lots of blowouts especially if our d plays like it did versus browns and giants.

I can't disagree with your confidence in your team.. I too think we will better.. We certainly have better players than we did last year. If we can just make it to the playoffs anything can happen..

To me, it seems like some analysts are still salty because of how bad the Colts made them look last year. They come up with so many irrelevant reasons on why we will struggle this year (tougher schedule, shaky oline, struggling defense). Many of the same reasons they said we'd struggle last year and fail to realize how huge some of the upgrades weve made this offseason are. The excuse I hate the most is "the Colts snuck up on a lot of teams last year and won most of their games off emotion from their coach's cancer." It makes me cringe.

I honestly think 11 wins is the floor for this team this year. Just about all the predictions ive seen have us losing all three games to the 49ers, Seahawks, and Broncos. I dont see any way we dont win at LEAST one of those games. 5-1 in the division is definitely possible and i think we completely steamroll a few teams. I could be wrong and we could end up 7-9 and prove many of the analysts right, but this team is a lot better than people realize

Exactly that's the point I was trying to make!! Very well put