Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

madden

CantBeStopped

I played it yesterday at the midnight launch but I decided not to grab it.  Even though it is an improvement on 13, I just feel that it wasn't enough to warrant 60$ (at the moment).  

The Colts on there are a dangerous team!  The offensive line is meh but the defensive line is nasty.  I had Redding-Franklin-RJF and Franklin was doing damage!  Landry is a monster when it comes to tackling and Bethea is a ball hawk.  Not mention Toler and Davis are good too.  The linebacker position is lacking though.  It seems if the opposing RB was able to break through the line, the LB's couldn't stop the running back initially and what should have been a 5 yard run is either close or is a first down run.  Regardless, the defense is nasty.

The offense is explosive.  The WR core is everything you need and Bradshaw is good!  The line is an improvement but it still needs help.

The modes are the same boring modes.  The gameplay is nice!  

But as I've said, it just feels like a roster update to me with a better gameplay.  I'll eventually get it, but I rather pass and save my money for AC4 and GTAV and Sleeping Dogs and NBA2k14.

That is really good. What pick did you have? And i think that is a real good o line for the next 10 years. I find it is really easy to upgrade, well i did on 13, have to wait till the 30th to get madden. Hope they have released the first roster update by then. Got players who aren't on the roster who i want to be (mcnary and adongo).

Its kind of a random draft order. I think i had pick 6 in the first round. Had to take luck. Cus unlike the old maddens players arent drafted on just overall grade now. They are drafted on ptential too. My first roster froze and i lost everything on it but it turned out good cus the bears drafted luck 5th overall

oh, well why didn't they just say that.  I thought it was like an updated version of the game or something.  I'm so PO'd that they aren't making them backwards compatible.  "Buy the same game twice so you can play it on your new PS4."  What garbage.

Ya that is quite unfortunate considering I don't really play video games much. Pretty much just madden.

Ya that is quite unfortunate considering I don't really play video games much. Pretty much just madden.

Yeah, well and I still play some of my old PS2 games on PS3.  And it's not that I don't mind keeping my PS3, but sooner or later, these machines crap out (red ring of death anyone?).  If they sold an attachable emulator or allows me to store my already paid for game in the cloud, then all is forgiven.  But I refuse to buy any new consoles until that occurs.  I'll just play what I've got and when that implodes, get refurbished versions until they are all out, and then just go back to my nintendo and super nintendo.

Idk if ps3 is or not i just saw it on my newsfeed on fb from ea sports

As far as I know, that's an any game deal for the 360 to the One. Not strictly EA.

I'm not up to date on the Sony policy, but they almost have to since Microsoft is doing one.

oh, well why didn't they just say that. I thought it was like an updated version of the game or something. I'm so PO'd that they aren't making them backwards compatible. "Buy the same game twice so you can play it on your new PS4." What garbage.

In fairness to system developers, and flinging super nerd here, having backwards compatibility really hold back a new system, because you have to dedicate so much to make that work.

So it's more future forward to drop backwards compatibility, but not always so nice to consumers wallets.

It's up to the publishers. I would guess that this will be available to PS4 as well since EA is the publisher for Madden.

GameStop sent me an email saying if I buy a new game, any new game, within 30 days of its release I only have to pay 10 bucks to get the Next Gen version. Though they only specified Xbox in the email.

GameStop sent me an email saying if I buy a new game, any new game, within 30 days of its release I only have to pay 10 bucks to get the Next Gen version. Though they only specified Xbox in the email.

I read an article over the weekend that said Sony will offer digital versions of the games (as in Madden, C.O.D., Sleeping Dogs) at a "significantly discounted" rate. As far as Gamestop, and other Video Game retailers that accept trade ins I would guess that is up to them unless Sony strikes up a deal.

Next gen versions come out in November.

Given how EA handled the last transition to a new generation I would not touch the next gen version this year.  I wonder what they took out this time.

My friend bought it so I will play it some, but I have not personally bought a Madden for years and do not plan on ever buying it again.  

Sports game in general just are not worth it anymore. Rarely do they feel more than an expensive roster update.

Given how EA handled the last transition to a new generation I would not touch the next gen version this year.  I wonder what they took out this time.

My friend bought it so I will play it some, but I have not personally bought a Madden for years and do not plan on ever buying it again.  

Sports game in general just are not worth it anymore. Rarely do they feel more than an expensive roster update.

It already been reviewed. The next gen is exactly like the current gen but with improved graphics, AI, and physics.

I remember the 1st Madden on 360, it was a bad joke. This time, that's not the case

Only sports game I play every year is the NBA2k series.  I can personally those guys improve, add, and change things every year.  I've been left satisfied going on 6 years now.

Only sports game I play every year is the NBA2k series.  I can personally those guys improve, add, and change things every year.  I've been left satisfied going on 6 years now.

NBA 2K has been better, but even then there just is not enough room to add to the gameplay.  There is only so much gameplay you can add to sports game because the sport is the sport.  I use to be an avid sports gamer with NFL 2K, Madden, and NBA 2K, but once EA really screwed the pooch with the transfer to the 360 I really got fed up with sports games.  

The same thing happened to COD as well for me.  Was  a huge COD fan and COD4 is probably still one of my favorite games of the past generation, but once they started popping those things out on an yearly basis with little improvement I realized they had become the sports game of FPS and quit buying those as we well. 

It had ayers as a 3-4 pass rusher thats why i drafted him. Leads my team with sacks right now. Rb is alfred morris and c is wielienski or some weird name like that lol hes pretty decent on the game. I forgot to mention i lost luck for 16 weeks in the preseason to a torn groin:/

It would be Stefan Wisniewski out of Penn State. His father Leo was a Colt NT in Baltimore and Indy from 1982 to 1984, his Uncle is Steve who was an 8 time Pro Bowl OL with the Raiders

NBA 2K has been better, but even then there just is not enough room to add to the gameplay. There is only so much gameplay you can add to sports game because the sport is the sport. I use to be an avid sports gamer with NFL 2K, Madden, and NBA 2K, but once EA really screwed the pooch with the transfer to the 360 I really got fed up with sports games.

The same thing happened to COD as well for me. Was a huge COD fan and COD4 is probably still one of my favorite games of the past generation, but once they started popping those things out on an yearly basis with little improvement I realized they had become the sports game of FPS and quit buying those as we well.

You should try out battlefield. Online multiplayer is amazing.

Anybody else have the problem of luck getting injured almost every game. I've played 8 online games with 6 injuries.

every game i played with my friend the night it dropped... my boys were  getting hurt almost every other play, it seemed like... annoying, almost happy my ps3 died on me

I have not bought the knew Madden yet but Madden 13's Franchise Mode seemed the same way in regards to injuries, Really takes alot of the fun out of it, But I love clogging up that middle with Chapman, I even put ILB Henderson (formerly of Minnesota, I forget his first name off top of head) as a run stuffing ILB to help clog up the middle and I widen out My OLB's against guys like Chris Johnson who are dangerous bouncing to the outside

Battlefield is pretty darn good.  It is sure as heck better than anything COD produces.  When it came to FPS I was more of a Halo guy.  Though Borderlands is pretty awesome and Destiny has me excited for next gen.

I love Borderlands also but got bored of it, I have 2 but don't play it anymore.

And yeah, BF3 is awesome.  Especially when you have a squad of people to play with that actually knows the meaning of "support".