Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

When does Righ Tackle become an issue?

GoodLuck

Cherilus was my least favorite signing since we gave him a pretty significant contract.

I would much rather cut ties with him after the season especially if we are in position to get a guy like OT Antonio Richardson in the draft. He could be a LT and we could always move Costanzo to RT.

???? Can the OP at least explain where Cherilus might have been even remotely a liability today? He's been solid all preseason to my eye.

He gave up pressure on one play where Luck got smacked pretty hard tonight.  All and all I thought he's played well he's not perfect but what player is?

He gave up pressure on one play where Luck got smacked pretty hard tonight. All and all I thought he's played well he's not perfect but what player is?

If that was the pick play, I'm pretty sure it was on Thornton for tripping up and blowing his assignment

He gave up pressure on one play where Luck got smacked pretty hard tonight.  All and all I thought he's played well he's not perfect but what player is?

The righ tackle will be an issue when the evening becomes nigh.

the last one was pretty funny.  

replying to the first quote, i think everyone jacked that one up, apart from that, i thought he looked good, good footwork, decent power.  do i dont get the OP.  

If that was the pick play, I'm pretty sure it was on Thornton for tripping up and blowing his assignment

No he just missed the block it came from his side and on the outside side with that said like I said before no one is perfect all players are going to miss one here or there.

the last one was pretty funny.  

replying to the first quote, i think everyone jacked that one up, apart from that, i thought he looked good, good footwork, decent power.  do i dont get the OP.  

I don't disagree with you.  I am just pointing out the one play that probably brought up the comment tonight.  I am not ready to panic over it though. 

No he just missed the block it came from his side and on the outside side with that said like I said before no one is perfect all players are going to miss one here or there.

You may be right, but the way I saw it, GC saw Thornton fall, tried to chip T's man too, and Kruger used that to beat GC.

Run blocking is still a work in progress, but I thought the pass blocking showed signs if being far more solid tonight.

You may be right, but the way I saw it, GC saw Thornton fall, tried to chip T's man too, and Kruger used that to beat GC.

Run blocking is still a work in progress, but I thought the pass blocking showed signs if being far more solid tonight.

yeah if I recall that was the book on GC that he was better at pass blocking than run blocking. 

My goodness.. It's still preseason! I think Cherilus has been pretty solid so far.. Do you not remember what it was like having Winston Justice last season? Cherilus is a huge upgrade!

Wait, you're not panicking? It's time to panic! Any lineman who gives up pressure on any play doesnt deserve a spot on this roster.

If you guys are expecting Cherilus to be an All Pro RT forget it, he is alright, going to have some good plays and some bad, hes not been a liability this preseason for the most part and anytime you put Mcglynn next to another O Lineman that other O Lineman now has to block for 2, Again Cherilus is decent when he plays through the whistle (not always the case, I saw him do some ball watching last year) but not All Pro good, a slight upgrade over Justice who has the intangibles to get better

If you guys are expecting Cherilus to be an All Pro RT forget it, he is alright, going to have some good plays and some bad, hes not been a liability this preseason for the most part and anytime you put Mcglynn next to another O Lineman that other O Lineman now has to block for 2, Again Cherilus is decent when he plays through the whistle (not always the case, I saw him do some ball watching last year) but not All Pro good, a slight upgrade over Justice who has the intangibles to get better

He stayed into pass block 787 times and only allowed the qb to get hit 11 times and get pressured 38. The only RT better in pass blocking was Sebastian Vollmer and that's only because Brady gets the ball out in 2 seconds every throw.

He stayed into pass block 787 times and only allowed the qb to get hit 11 times and get pressured 38. The only RT better in pass blocking was Sebastian Vollmer and that's only because Brady gets the ball out in 2 seconds every throw.

How many sacks did he give up to

Actually, he is a significant upgrade over Justice. He may not be all pro, but he is better than you are portraying

I'd give Cherilus a C tonight. I thought he made a couple of mistakes in pass protection, and he got pushed back a few times on run plays. Of the 7 guys who were part of the first string tonight, Cherilus was the least impressive. And I think that's good news. Cherilus is a solid offensive linemen who usually does his job well. I think we can just mark this as an off game for him.

What's good is that Reitz looked decent at LT, Linkenbach was okay at RG, Thornton was probably a B- (if I grade on a curve, since this was his first game, but he made some mistakes), Satele was solid, and Castonzo was fine before he got hurt. Cherilus having a bad game was the low point of our line play. That's improvement.