Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Werner

NDcolt

Except for Peyton, which elite QBs are we going to face?

I wouldn't call them elite but Wilson, Kaepernick, Schaub, Dalton and Rivers are pretty good. 

Also Palmer and Smith can be pretty good if you don't put pressure on them. 

Also being in the AFC to get to where we want to go we are going to have to play an elite QB rather it's Manning, Brady, Big Ben, or Flacco at some point. 

I have Zero problem with that rookies motor. He will get fewer snaps than he got tonight and has missed some conditioning haters. I am very impressed, we hit the jackpot with him.

He gave up on plenty of plays in college so questioning him potentially giving up on a play is not unreasonable. He has shown some potential/flashes, but nothing even close to being worthy of being proclaimed a "jackpot". 

He gave up on plenty of plays in college so questioning him potentially giving up on a play is not unreasonable. He has shown some potential/flashes, but nothing even close to being worthy of being proclaimed a "jackpot". 

He is a rookie, the potential is there, most players dont come into the league fully developed, He has to work on strength and building his stamina back up. He will get there if he stays healthy

He is a rookie, the potential is there, most players dont come into the league fully developed, He has to work on strength and building his stamina back up. He will get there if he stays healthy

I agree, I said he has shown potential, and regaining his strength and stamina may in fact be the reason he has not shown more.... but my point was he has in no way did anything (yet) worthy of being proclaimed a draft "jackpot", and I seen him give up on enough plays in college that I am not willing to just give him a pass on those type plays just yet.

I wouldn't call them elite but Wilson, Kaepernick, Schaub, Dalton and Rivers are pretty good. 

Also Palmer and Smith can be pretty good if you don't put pressure on them. 

Also being in the AFC to get to where we want to go we are going to have to play an elite QB rather it's Manning, Brady, Big Ben, or Flacco at some point. 

All (or most) pretty good.  But we agree none of them are elite.

The poster said that an elite QB will pick us apart, presumably because we have no pass rush.  It's really a matter of microseconds.  Brady, Brees, Peyton, Rodgers, require heavy pressure and very good coverage in order to stop.  That second tier group, a little less of either.

I think we'll be fine with our combination of great coverage and fair pressure.

All (or most) pretty good.  But we agree none of them are elite.

The poster said that an elite QB will pick us apart, presumably because we have no pass rush.  It's really a matter of microseconds.  Brady, Brees, Peyton, Rodgers, require heavy pressure and very good coverage in order to stop.  That second tier group, a little less of either.

I think we'll be fine with our combination of great coverage and fair pressure.

Rather those QBs are elite or not and rather the poster is only concerned about elite QBs or not isn't going to change the fact we still struggle with a pass rush and most of those QBs I listed above can pick us a part if we can't get a pass rush on them and look elite even if they aren't. 

Coverage only holds up for so long even if you have a really good secondary.  If you can't get to the QB will just hold the ball till it breaks down some place. 

Now with that said I think Ceaser will help with the pass rush as well Werner and of course we have Mathis.  I also think the Colts haven't shown all their blitz packages during the pre-season.  So I think we'll find a way to put pleasure on the QB.  That's the bigger concern, can we get to the QB even if the QBs we are playing this year aren't the best of the best except for Peyton. 

Rather those QBs are elite or not and rather the poster is only concerned about elite QBs or not isn't going to change the fact we still struggle with a pass rush and most of those QBs I listed above can pick us a part if we can't get a pass rush on them and look elite even if they aren't.

Coverage only holds up for so long even if you have a really good secondary. If you can't get to the QB will just hold the ball till it breaks down some place.

Now with that said I think Ceaser will help with the pass rush as well Werner and of course we have Mathis. I also think the Colts haven't shown all their blitz packages during the pre-season. So I think we'll find a way to put pleasure on the QB. That's the bigger concern, can we get to the QB even if the QBs we are playing this year aren't the best of the best except for Peyton.

I can't decide on just one so:

I guess it really HAS become a qb driven league!

Does this mean I'm going to have to order Showtime or Cinemax to be able to keep watching NFL games?

If that happens then I think we need to take a serious look at our defensive coaching philosophy.

So that's how we're going to go about wearing out the opposing QB's?

ok, I'll let someone else have a turn. :D Lol