Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ijilana?

GoGoColts

He didn't seem to be as light on his feet as I had hoped. I am not sure that he will make it, as a starter, in our system. Although, he might be a bit out of shape considering that there was no off season.

for a top pick he didnt look good, almost got painter killed, didnt show any talent, why did we draft him?

It's not his natural position and he is a rookie. You can't expect much out of that. I won't throw him under the bus for a while. With no off-season with the team, and only 4 games into the season and this being his first live action (pretty sure anyway) you can't jump to conclusions. I'm hoping we can move him to RT at some point. I want him to get more reps so we can see if he was a good pick or not. This is the perfect season to play our youngsters and see if they got what it takes to play in this league.

I would also like to point out that an offensive lineman is RARELY ready to play in his first year in the league. give the guy some slack. he's only been with us for what? 2 months?

Then why aren't we playing Hughes, Rucker, Thomas, Ijalana more then?

We did play Hughes and Rucker tonight.

Ijalana came in due to injury. Rucker was like what a 6th round pick? Those guys are more for depth which is what we are useing him as and frankly he had some good plays tonight. I would expect to see more out of him.

Hughes is starting to show flashes of developing and I hope we see more out of him.

Ijalana is developing. Not every rookie is like Castonzo and is ready to go day one. When Castonzo came out that was his biggest selling point he was the most NFL ready left tackle. Ijalana was said to be a little raw and needed to develop a little more but if he did he could end up being the best tackle in the draft. That's why he slide to round two.

Thomas could very well be another miss. That knee injury might have done in his career before it got started.

wow people calling Ijalana a bust already after being thrown in at LT when he's spent all season practicing at RT? good grief. besides, under the circumstances I thought he played well.

because don't you know the rules if a guy isn't a pro-bowler day one then it means they are a bust! At least that's how it seems...

for a top pick he didnt look good, almost got painter killed, didnt show any talent, why did we draft him?

He wasn't a top pick, our top pick was Castonzo. He was a high pick, not a top pick.

He's a rookie, that happens. Castonzo had a play like that last week, does he have no talent too? He did show some talent. He only let Painter get hit once or twice after being thrown into a game before he was probably ready.

Didn't people learn anything from Moala? Sometimes it does take time for a kid to develop.

We did play Hughes and Rucker tonight.

Ijalana came in due to injury. Rucker was like what a 6th round pick? Those guys are more for depth which is what we are useing him as and frankly he had some good plays tonight. I would expect to see more out of him.

Hughes is starting to show flashes of developing and I hope we see more out of him.

Ijalana is developing. Not every rookie is like Castonzo and is ready to go day one. When Castonzo came out that was his biggest selling point he was the most NFL ready left tackle. Ijalana was said to be a little raw and needed to develop a little more but if he did he could end up being the best tackle in the draft. That's why he slide to round two.

Thomas could very well be another miss. That knee injury might have done in his career before it got started.

hughes had a sack i believe

wow people calling Ijalana a bust already after being thrown in at LT when he's spent all season practicing at RT? good grief. besides, under the circumstances I thought he played well.

I thought the same thing. It looked to me like he done a decent job for being thrown in there with probably no practice what so ever at LT.

I thought Ijilana did a real good job. Little to no drop off from Costonzo.

Against Adrian Clayborn he held his own. Then after Ijilana went out with the injury, Linkenbach could not block Clayborn, and the game shifted twords Tampa Bay. I felt Ijilana's injury killed us.

Yeah didn't Hughes penalty negate a sack on a third down? Talk about an *ic move, that highly ticked me off . He's not doing much to get fans on his good side.

Hughes did not get a penalty, he got the sack. Jamaal Anderson got the personal foul penalty after the play.

He didn't seem to be as light on his feet as I had hoped. I am not sure that he will make it, as a starter, in our system. Although, he might be a bit out of shape considering that there was no off season.

No one said bust on this thread before you.

The word "bust" may have not been used but it was sure being implied.

You guys are fools!

Ijalana did just fine for his first significant stint. The times that Curtis got whacked, RBs missed their blitz pickups. Donald Brown totally missed one (surprise, surprise). And suprisingly, Addai missed one that lead to that early fumble. Linkenbach is just a horrendeous football player. WHY on God's green earth is Ijalana not playing instead of Link? I have no clue!

Ahh, what a wonderful place this is after a loss.

Anybody who suggests that Ijalana did not acquit himself very well, particularly under the circumstances simply has no idea what they are talking about.

I was thinking the same thing. I thought Ijalana played well enough that I see no reason NOT to move him to the starting RT role. He played well, very well considering it's his first game action all season.

I missed the start of the game, what happened to AC?

Yeah didn't Hughes penalty negate a sack on a third down? Talk about an *ic move, that highly ticked me off . He's not doing much to get fans on his good side.

Anderson got the flag but if Anderson hadn't Hughes was well on his way to getting one. Then again this is Ron Winter we are talking about if it isn't an obscure call or something that happened on the other end of the field that had nothing to do with the play no flag was going to come out no matter how obvious the call is.

You guys are fools!

Ijalana did just fine for his first significant stint. The times that Curtis got whacked, RBs missed their blitz pickups. Donald Brown totally missed one (surprise, surprise). And suprisingly, Addai missed one that lead to that early fumble. Linkenbach is just a horrendeous football player. WHY on God's green earth is Ijalana not playing instead of Link? I have no clue!

Link has helped the running game and did have a good game against the Steelers. I've said all along that Link is a stop gap though. I think once it's clear the playoffs are offically out of reach we are going to see Ijalana at right tackle. Ijalana missed a couple of blocks last night too. He still needs work but he does show promise. I am sure Ijalana was helped out by the fact he was playing his natural poistion of left tackle last night too. I know it doesn't seem like there is that much of a difference at right tackle but you still have to learn it.

I was thinking the same thing. I thought Ijalana played well enough that I see no reason NOT to move him to the starting RT role. He played well, very well considering it's his first game action all season.

I missed the start of the game, what happened to AC?

They never showed his injury on TV - he was never down on the field after a play. Just said that he hurt his ankle when they noted Ijalana was now playing LT. I am concerned about his injury as it looked like his knee buckled on him when we got hurt.