Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

your opinions of a super bowl in NY

: haha: Love it.

By the way, I give my cats lactose free milk. They DO love it. Considering that I'm a vegetarian, it's hard to find things that we can share. They always rush over when I'm eating with such enthusiasm and then go "what the :cuss: is that".  :barf: :barf: :barf:

Thank goodness for dairy. Opening a pack of sliced American is a cause for celebration around here.

My cat has terrible table manners,  thanks to my husband.   :P

I like you MAC. You are wicked smart & can roll with the punches. Plus, you articulate your beliefs very well & you are very funny. 

Gramz, you know I think the world of you. Your intellect, your compassion for others first, & your humor as well. Gramz, did Ron teach Peyton how to lap up milk with his tongue too? Only Teasing!  :lol:  :funny:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the topic at hand.....

It could prove to be very interesting to say the least.  Could be blizzard like conditions that time of year, and on the other hand,  it could be much like the weather Indianapolis was fortunate enough to have for Super Bowl.

If I were going to the game,  I would of course prefer it being either indoors,  or in one of the warmer southern states...

But since I'll be watching from the comfort of my warm living room,  I don't have much of an opinion on the subject.  

Just hope it's not snowy and/or Icy.... for the safety of the players involved.

I like you MAC. You are wicked smart & can roll with the punches. Plus, you articulate your beliefs very well & you are very funny. 

Gramz, you know I think the world of you. Your intellect, your compassion for others first, & your humor as well. Gramz, did Ron teach Peyton how to lap up milk with his tongue too? Only Teasing!  :lol:  :funny:

haha SW1,  Peyton Kitty doesn't beg at all.   It's our other cat, Blackie...  he is Awful.   He will actually "smack" you if you don't feed him quick enough for his liking....  It's quite annoying   :argh:

I think it is stupid cuz of the weather conditions,snow/cold/wind..... Baseball dont play world series in pouring rain or storms,neither does nascar for the 500 or championship weekend,or golfs masters. Just sayin it should be in the best possible conditions for a fair playing field not something thats gonna give a cold weather team a big advantage because it is an advantage. Just my opinions.

You do understand the difference between football and baseball, right? 

I don't mean to sound snippy......but c'mon man

I agree that it's stupid for the wreathed but for the fans to see it the have to freeze half to death

Look, I don't want any fans to freeze their chestnuts off or other body parts for that matter CF12, but no one is forcing anyone to buy a plane ticket & sit in the stands either. Between broadcast TV, satellite TV, & satellite radio no fan is required to leave their home to watch the SB at all.

I don't feel pity for any fans that deliberately choose to attend the SB in NY/NJ at all. Zero, zilch, nada. Like anything you weigh the pros & cons, your budget, & travel, food, & lodging details. No one is holding any fan at gunpoint here. No one's freewill is being compromised in any way, shape, or form.   

haha SW1,  Peyton Kitty doesn't beg at all.   It's our other cat, Blackie...  he is Awful.   He will actually "smack" you if you don't feed him quick enough for his liking....  It's quite annoying   :argh:

haha So instead of a black sheep of the family....You have a black cat of the family eh? Meow, meow, meow...That is a riot Gramz!  lmao  :yahoo: Okay, perhaps not for you on a daily basis...That's too baaad! 

F1486.jpg

Thank you my friend, right back at you. You have a unique voice that I'd recognize without name or avatar, and it adds a lot to this forum.

Here's my opinion:

It's very silly and it favors the team that's used to the snow.

The point of a SB is to have an equal ground for the two top teams in each conference to play at. Once you start getting snow and cold weather involved, you're giving an advantage to one of the teams.

I think it will not end up well, and I hope the league refrains from going to cold weather places in the future. 

I think it is stupid cuz of the weather conditions,snow/cold/wind..... Baseball dont play world series in pouring rain or storms,neither does nascar for the 500 or championship weekend,or golfs masters. Just sayin it should be in the best possible conditions for a fair playing field not something thats gonna give a cold weather team a big advantage because it is an advantage. Just my opinions.

I have to agree with Ruksak on this one as well. No disrespect intended here either. NASCAR stops in the rain due to poor traction & slick tires at over 100-200 MPH. Golf stop playing in rain due to playing with aluminum clubs great conductors for lightning. I know this well because I walk with aluminum crutches. Didn't you ever see comedian George Carlin's "Baseball vs. Football routine sir? 

Well it goes without saying that Peyton has good manners, but that doesn't mean that there isn't something wrong with the service.  Poor cat. :P

I have one whose method of telling you that he's hungry involves biting your hand until you shriek like a little girl, then letting go and looking at you lovingly. What that method lacks in politeness it more than makes up for in effectiveness.

Here's my opinion:

It's very silly and it favors the team that's used to the snow.

The point of a SB is to have an equal ground for the two top teams in each conference to play at. Once you start getting snow and cold weather involved, you're giving an advantage to one of the teams.

I think it will not end up well, and I hope the league refrains from going to cold weather places in the future. 

No, if the odds are even at the kickoff the elements are the same for both teams & therefore there is no unfair competitive advantage in my mind Andy. Perhaps, you meant to say that warm climates tend to thin out a person's blood & affect a warm weather team more than a colder one, but since both teams have 2 weeks to prepare for the SB in the same state. That difference in weather quickly evaporates & becomes null & void once the SB is actually played. 

No, if the odds are even at the kickoff the elements are the same for both teams & therefore there is no unfair competitive advantage in my mind Andy. Perhaps, you meant to say that warm climates tend to thin out a person's blood & affect a warm weather team more than a colder one, but since both teams have 2 weeks to prepare for the SB in the same state. That difference in weather quickly evaporates & becomes null & void once the SB is actually played. 

I'm just going to say this:

Let's say it's the Patriots vs the 49ers. The 49ers never really play in snow conditions, whereas the Pats play in it at least 5 times a year. The Pats are used to playing in the the snow conditions and the 49ers aren't. That's an advantage for the Pats.

If we're talking about anywhere where there is no snow, then it's even, because no team is more used to it. The 49ers play in it more often, but the Pats are just as used to it. 

Well it goes without saying that Peyton has good manners, but that doesn't mean that there isn't something wrong with the service.  Poor cat. :P

I have one whose method of telling you that he's hungry involves biting your hand until you shriek like a little girl, then letting go and looking at you lovingly. What that method lacks in politeness it more than makes up for in effectiveness.

haha Just for the sake of argument MAC, if I just popped by your house for a visit & I was absolutely famished does that mean instead of making a friendly introduction I should simply bite your hand? I promise not to bite down hard with my molars MAC. Only teasing my friend! I couldn't resist that joke my friend. As my dad would say "hey, you swing the door wide open pal. I just decided to walk through the opening man."  :D 

haha Just for the sake of argument MAC, if I just popped by your house for a visit & I was absolutely famished does that mean instead of making a friendly introduction I should simply bite your hand? I promise not to bite down hard with my molars MAC. Only teasing my friend! I couldn't resist that joke my friend. As my dad would say "hey, you swing the door wide open pal. I just decided to walk through the opening man."  :D

As long as I still have one hand free to call the pizzeria, we're all good.

Probably better if you were to skip the part about staring lovingly however. :D

Let's say it's the Patriots vs the 49ers. The 49ers never really play in snow conditions, whereas the Pats play in it at least 5 times a year. The Pats are used to playing in the the snow conditions and the 49ers aren't. That's an advantage for the Pats.

If we're talking about anywhere where there is no snow, then it's even, because no team is more used to it. The 49ers play in it more often, but the Pats are just as used to it. 

Sorry, I don't buy that line of reasoning at all. There is no such thing as a utopian SB location with no snow or harsh weather elements. Domes were primarily built for the comfort of the fans & a pleasant spending experience for the host city not the AFC & NFC team facing each other. It's about fans spending thousands of dollars in cash among families or groups. It has nothing to do with either roster at all. 

Again, the best team that executes on the field with the fewest mistakes usually hoists the Lombardi trophy at the end of the night; the weather is insignificant. You are playing for fame, fortune, & NFL immortality. Something that can never be taken away once a team wins a Championship. Rain, snow, sleet, hail, & extreme winds don't matter period. Which team has more endurance, composure, & makes more plays. That is all that matters...

I respect your viewpoint Andy even though I am vehemently opposed to it. Friends never agree on everything right Andy? It's cool & I'm fine with a difference of opinion here. 

As long as I still have one hand free to call the pizzeria, we're all good.

Probably better if you were to skip the part about staring lovingly however. :D

Cute MAC. I wanted to ask you something. How do you tell who your closest friends are? Count the teeth markings on your hand like determining the age of a chopped tree by counting the rings on the leftover stump?  :lol:

My dark sarcasm is seeping out again. You're alright MAC.  haha Thanks for playing along with my foolishness. I do appreciate it.  :hat:

Actually, I don't understand as I'm not a follower of baseball.

I'm probably wrong, but I was under the belief that baseball (and golf) games are frequently called due to rain even when there is no threat of lightening. 

By the odd chance that I am correct; can you explain why those games are called off when football, soccer, and some other sports are not?

Back to the topic at hand.....

It could prove to be very interesting to say the least.  Could be blizzard like conditions that time of year, and on the other hand,  it could be much like the weather Indianapolis was fortunate enough to have for Super Bowl.

If I were going to the game,  I would of course prefer it being either indoors,  or in one of the warmer southern states...

But since I'll be watching from the comfort of my warm living room,  I don't have much of an opinion on the subject.  

Just hope it's not snowy and/or Icy.... for the safety of the players involved.

I agree 100% Gramz. INDY was very fortunate that the weather was indeed beautiful. I also agree agree that blizzard conditions making it blurry & difficult to tell 1 team from another would be hard to watch causing fans to turn off their TVs & lose millions in ratings & advertisement sales. But, like FX said earlier rain is more likely than snow so I highly doubt any fans viewing experience will be tarnished. Yes, no player deserves to twist an ankle or break a leg either. However, unless freezing rain & black ice has transpired, this condition is a pretty remote reality. 

I will acknowledge that the Players Union demands a safe working environment/field to play on as they should. This is why astro turf has largely been removed from stadiums & why the condition of Fed Ex Field during RG3's Playoff game vs the SeaHawks & later knee injury was such a big deal. A franchise QB going down for the count tends to do that...Add additional scrutiny & criticism. 

Actually, I don't understand as I'm not a follower of baseball.

I'm probably wrong, but I was under the belief that baseball (and golf) games are frequently called due to rain even when there is no threat of lightening.

By the odd chance that I am correct; can you explain why those games are called off when football, soccer, and some other sports are not?

I know you directed this question toward Ruksak shecolt, but I will take a stab at it. The easiest answer is obviously safety. In Baseball, sheets of downpouring rain might make it hard for a pitcher to grip the ball, let alone control the velocity & direction of the ball leading to injury & even a fatality if a fast ball went haywire & hit a fan in the stands. A huge lawsuit & public relations clubhouse nightmare might ensue & ticket sales might drop if fans believe it is not safe, family fun anymore. Plus, player injuries skyrocket with a wet & gooey field. It depends how the language of player contracts is compiled, created, & structured too.

With rain usually lighting almost always follows, I can't speak to Soccer. I don't really follow the sport regularly. Rugby is often played in rain though. Ask BraveHeartColt from Scotland. He might be able to shed some light on this issue.

I agree with this its like the regular season game not to long ago it was NE vs AZ and there was snow everywhere well the pats ended up winning by like 5 something to nothing was a very unfair game

That's also why I think it should be mandatory that all stadiums have a roof it can be retractable but must be able to be closed for snow

IMO it's crap when a team like AZ or SF warm climate teams have to play in snow storms

You know, this safety issue brings up a fascinating hypothetical dilemma: If freezing rain, black ice, & fog developed during the SB, is there a contingency plan for calling the game off & rescheduling it after hotels & plane tickets have already been paid for? Given the recent blackout in New Orleans for the Ravens vs 49ers SB, it does make me wonder how prepared the NFL is for a weather calamity or dire conditions? 

Millions of dollars are in jeopardy, money has changed hands, & results are expected. I don't mean to sound cold, callous, & greedy here, but you can't give refunds to everybody now can Ya? What is the worst case scenario protocol plan here for the NFL? I've always pondered that & the last Blackout really got my wheels turning on this potential snafu.

I'm pretty sure we had this exact thread a few months ago.

I live in NY and I've been to Met Life Stadium.

1. There is nothing even remotely close to the stadium, it's in the middle of a swamp.

2. All the festivities will be held in NYC, a logistical nightmare, especially if you are staying remotely close to the stadium.

3. It's cold, it's near a major body of water and it gets very windy in the upper seating.

I agree with this its like the regular season game not to long ago it was NE vs AZ and there was snow everywhere well the pats ended up winning by like 5 something to nothing was a very unfair game

That's also why I think it should be mandatory that all stadiums have a roof it can be retractable but must be able to be closed for snow

IMO it's crap when a team like AZ or SF warm climate teams have to play in snow storms

Why is weather an unfair advantage? I more inclined to believe that flying from say the Pacific NW [seattle] to the East Coast [NY Giants] messes up your body clock for a regular season game than some SB snow does. 

Why should the NFL demand retractable roofs on all stadiums? Are the owners gonna pay for this upgrade? What if you're a small market team with a rundown stadium that would need to tear down the entire facility before they could even think about adding a retractable roof? What about blue collar fans like Buffalo or Green Bay that love sitting out in the elements at all home games? Is it fair to them? Nope...God, this country has gotten so timid & soft..Sigh...

Yes CF12, you are entitled to your perspective & I am equally entitled to mine as well. Thank you. 

I'm pretty sure we had this exact thread a few months ago.

I live in NY and I've been to Met Life Stadium.

1. There is nothing even remotely close to the stadium, it's in the middle of a swamp.

2. All the festivities will be held in NYC, a logistical nightmare, especially if you are staying remotely close to the stadium.

3. It's cold, it's near a major body of water and it gets very windy in the upper seating.

Hey SH, are you gonna attend this year's SB? Like I told SD previously, navigating around NY/NJ is the best argument against not hosting a SB there. Beyond that, I see peoples moaning & groaning as crying over spilled milk before they have even poured the liquid into the dish or glass. Let's have the event first before we condemn the final outcome okay.

I'm not putting any of my friends in this category. I'm just saying that growing up with a physical disability teaches you real quick what you can do not what you can't do or obstacles in your way. If a person believes that they are going die tomorrow, they will probably find a way to make their demise happen. As my stepmother always says, "come back to me when you have a real problem. Okay. Thanks." 

Well, I have to go now. Thanks for reading my thoughts & putting up with domination of this topic everyone. When I am passionate about something, time means nothing & I convey my genuine beliefs unvarnished, warts & all. Good night...Thanks for a spirited debate & the corresponding humor as always. My extended Colts family ROCKS!!! 

Why is weather an unfair advantage? I more inclined to believe that flying from say the Pacific NW [seattle] to the East Coast [NY Giants] messes up your body clock for a regular season game than some SB snow does.

Why should the NFL demand retractable roofs on all stadiums? Are the owners gonna pay for this upgrade? What if you're a small market team with a rundown stadium that would need to tear down the entire facility before they could even think about adding a retractable roof? What about blue collar fans like Buffalo or Green Bay that love sitting out in the elements at all home games? Is it fair to them? Nope...God, this country has gotten so timid & soft..Sigh...

Yes CF12, you are entitled to your perspective & I am equally entitled to mine as well. Thank you.

For sure SW1 I don't mind hearing your opinion at all I'm not a hard nosed person lol I'm pretty laid back thanks for the opinion chat with ya again :)

Pats vs N.O. Saints in Buffalo, NY. The complain fest would be so hilarious to watch, especially with cold winds coming in from Canada...LOL! 

Ha,ha. Yes, the forecast will call for blizzard and Bill will be accused of rigging the weather. Then it will come out after the game and a Pats victory that the field crew did not put the tarp on the field during SB week causing the terrible footing allowing the Pats to snatch that elusive fourth ring. It will be spygate 2.

I know you directed this question toward Ruksak shecolt, but I will take a stab at it. The easiest answer is obviously safety. In Baseball, sheets of downpouring rain might make it hard for a pitcher to grip the ball, let alone control the velocity & direction of the ball leading to injury & even a fatality if a fast ball went haywire & hit a fan in the stands. A huge lawsuit & public relations clubhouse nightmare might ensue & ticket sales might drop if fans believe it is not safe, family fun anymore. Plus, player injuries skyrocket with a wet & gooey field. It depends how the language of player contracts is compiled, created, & structured too.

With rain usually lighting almost always follows, I can't speak to Soccer. I don't really follow the sport regularly. Rugby is often played in rain though. Ask BraveHeartColt from Scotland. He might be able to shed some light on this issue.

I would add to this that baseball is a finesse game. The quality of such would be abhorrent in wet conditions. Playing in the rain would present the fans with a poor product. 

Toward football;

Keep in mind that this game is about physical domination, whereas baseball sees little man vs man direct contact.

Part of this challenge would include man vs elements. In it's genesis, the forward pass was a gimmick, unlike what we see today. Finesse was never meant to be a crux of the game. Rather, brutality and physical domination. 

I need only point toward the required equipment for one to see the difference. To dumb it down (for simplification, not because anyone I'm addressing is dumb :) ) I would say that football is a tough-mans sport, where baseball is ....well it's not. 

I prefer bad weather games. It invokes the essence of football at it's purest. For futher conformation, just look at the seasons in which these sports are played. Baseball =  spring and summer, fine sunny skies and warm climate.

Football =  late summer, brutal heat, carrying well into the depths of winter. 

Most outdoor sports are played in what would be referred to as fair conditions for the skills required. Soccer will be played in all conditions as long as the flow of the game is not adversely affected by the elements. Where the ball is played predominately on the ground, or the key parts of the game are, they are more likely to be postponed if the ground is unsuitable. With ball carrying games like football and rugby, you can get away with more adverse ground conditions. Some games like cricket and tennis and golf are more reliant on the finesse of the pitch. In the upper tier of soccer for example (where the pitches are well kept and drained and protected from frost and snow) more games are postponed by weather due to the safety of the fans rather than the players. 

On topic, why should teams who play predominately in the heat, be advantaged over those who play more in the cold? It works both ways. NY is fine by me! Build a 100,000 seater, indoor neutral stadium in Canton and play it there every year. Or have it at Wembley.

There is too much focus on the commercials, and not enough on the game itself. It's a sporting contest, not holiday camp week. Bikini's or ear muffs. Meh.

I cant say I dont like it or I do - Im not playing in it. The problem I think about is anytime there is something this big in NY - I think about 911. But I did just watch the last Batman.

Of course after 9/11 and what just happened recently in Boston, I am sure that there will be maximum security around the clock and precautions taken weeks ahead of the game itself. I wouldn't worry about anything terrible happening.

Ha,ha. Yes, the forecast will call for blizzard and Bill will be accused of rigging the weather. Then it will come out after the game and a Pats victory that the field crew did not put the tarp on the field during SB week causing the terrible footing allowing the Pats to snatch that elusive fourth ring. It will be spygate 2.

This Super Bowl location is a huge advantage for the Northeast teams that are used to playing in that weather. Specifically, the Giants, Patriots, and Ravens. It would only be spygate 2 if Bellichick was hiding inside a snowman taping the defense's signals ! LOL

For sure SW1 I don't mind hearing your opinion at all I'm not a hard nosed person lol I'm pretty laid back thanks for the opinion chat with ya again :)

I like your take on things CF12. You seem pretty cool & laid back. I wasn't mad at you or anything like that. I will confess that a mandatory retractable roof requirement might level the SB bidding playing field for more NFL squads across the league though. In a nutshell, here is why I'm against retractable roofs & making them mandatory across the league: Only the richest teams with the latest technology would be awarded the most SB winning bids then because a number of state legislature would not approve the massive tax payer expenditure for stadium upgrades or an entirely new facility. Zoning and rezoning issues can be a nightmare too.

That's another feature story the NFL Network should do an in depth expose on: The process involved in drafting a SB bid as a future host city & how the NFL narrows down the potential candidates until the winning bid is determined. No one is 100% right or wrong in their dome vs anti-dome weather belief here at all. But, I will admit that playing the role of devil's advocate is a fun position to be in.

Nice chatting with you as well CF12. :thmup:

I would add to this that baseball is a finesse game. The quality of such would be abhorrent in wet conditions. Playing in the rain would present the fans with a poor product. 

Toward football;

Keep in mind that this game is about physical domination, whereas baseball sees little man vs man direct contact.

Part of this challenge would include man vs elements. In it's genesis, the forward pass was a gimmick, unlike what we see today. Finesse was never meant to be a crux of the game. Rather, brutality and physical domination. 

I need only point toward the required equipment for one to see the difference. To dumb it down (for simplification, not because anyone I'm addressing is dumb :) ) I would say that football is a tough-mans sport, where baseball is ....well it's not. 

I prefer bad weather games. It invokes the essence of football at it's purest. For futher conformation, just look at the seasons in which these sports are played. Baseball =  spring and summer, fine sunny skies and warm climate.

A great post ruksak! I agree 100% with every word of it as well. Baseball is a "finesse" game as you call it & football is all about physical & psychological domination. Exactly! 

Here is my favorite line of your entire post: "I prefer bad weather games. It invokes the essence of football at it's purest." Preach Brother Rusak Preach!  :worthy: This is what I meant when I said "this country has gotten so timid & soft." If my international friends like BHC can witness & participate in rainy, wet, soccer games in Scotland why can't American Football players display the exact same toughness & resolve to win regardless of the weather conditions? 

I like your take on things CF12. You seem pretty cool & laid back. I wasn't mad at you or anything like that. I will confess that a mandatory retractable roof requirement might level the SB bidding playing field for more NFL squads across the league though. In a nutshell, here is why I'm against retractable roofs & making them mandatory across the league: Only the richest teams with the latest technology would be awarded the most SB winning bids then because a number of state legislature would not approve the massive tax payer expenditure for stadium upgrades or an entirely new facility. Zoning and rezoning issues can be a nightmare too.

That's another feature story the NFL Network should do an in depth expose on: The process involved in drafting a SB bid as a future host city & how the NFL narrows down the potential candidates until the winning bid is determined. No one is 100% right or wrong in their dome vs anti-dome weather belief here at all. But, I will admit that playing the role of devil's advocate is a fun position to be in.

Nice chatting with you as well CF12. :thmup:

Good point I guess my main reason for disliking it is just for teams that don't really stand a chance in the snow like AZ SF SD I would feel bad for them to work real hard to get to the Super Bowl then have to play in a blizzard lol and IMO its not really their fault cause they can't even practice or prepare for it cause its isn't ever gonna snow in the desert and Cali teams homes guess I have pity for them haha

Most outdoor sports are played in what would be referred to as fair conditions for the skills required. Soccer will be played in all conditions as long as the flow of the game is not adversely affected by the elements. Where the ball is played predominately on the ground, or the key parts of the game are, they are more likely to be postponed if the ground is unsuitable. With ball carrying games like football and rugby, you can get away with more adverse ground conditions. Some games like cricket and tennis and golf are more reliant on the finesse of the pitch. In the upper tier of soccer for example (where the pitches are well kept and drained and protected from frost and snow) more games are postponed by weather due to the safety of the fans rather than the players. 

On topic, why should teams who play predominately in the heat, be advantaged over those who play more in the cold? It works both ways. NY is fine by me! Build a 100,000 seater, indoor neutral stadium in Canton and play it there every year. Or have it at Wembley.

There is too much focus on the commercials, and not enough on the game itself. It's a sporting contest, not holiday camp week. Bikini's or ear muffs. Meh.

Thank you BHC for the great insight into European sporting events like soccer, rugby, & cricket. Precisely BHC, the safety of the fans is usually why most games are cancelled in both Europe or America. 

Bingo! I am primarily concerned with the flow of the game itself/outcome not the commercials not the pre or post SB nonsense. Sure, if my preferred team wins, I am happy of course, but let's not go overboard here & engage in sensory overload overkill here on the part of advertisers here either. 

Well said BHC! I value your wisdom, contributions, & love an international perspective on things.  :D  ;)  :thmup:  Keep it up my friend!  :disco:

I cant say I dont like it or I do - Im not playing in it. The problem I think about is anytime there is something this big in NY - I think about 911. But I did just watch the last Batman.

That was a pretty compelling football scene to watch on screen though I will admit. [No disrespected intended for any families who lost loved ones on 9/11 here at all naturally.]

The recent Super Bowl in Dallas was cold, miserable and a logistical problem. It will be worse in New York and colder. People who want this either want it for money reasons or thinking that cold weather will make it like the good old days. Well, as in most things, you can't go back and even if you could you probably wish you hadn't. life moves on and the game moves on. Bad weather nullifies a great passing game and passing is the money maker today. So, I am against it.

Thank you, southwest.  I really didn't care who answered my question and I appreciate your taking the time to do so.

Toward football;

And, thank you, ruksak.  Also, feel free to "dumb it down" any time you are answering a question I may have.  I actually prefer that to anyone talking over my head and leaving me even more lost and confused.