Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Sign Another CB

Boldin's big catches happened against everyone, big and small, in this playoffs, and was a HUGE part of the Ravens' SB run.

The Colts should study how Boldin was used in the red zone and try to do some of the same things with DHB.  In watching some film of DHB, he's better at adjusting to and fighting for a ball in flight than I thought he was.   With his body type, this is where he could make serious strides in his game. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, as a TCU fan...... it's not exactly "fair" so to speak to measure him off of sticking our BEST WR (Josh Boyce) Since hhe'll probably be competing for no more than Nickel or Dime CB here in Indy. But since that's who he covered for most the video, guess you have too.

He had some good plays against Boyce, especially the jumped route even though he dropped the pick. What I notice is he's very "cautious" about Tackling cause there's a few plays he could've made the tackle but put no effort in getting off blocks or pursuit. But Pagano can get that outta him if he makes it here. But overall, I'd say he did pretty well against our #1 WR

I was impressed by Boyce

From what I have seen I like the Swanson kid from SHS better than Malone... I still have to agree that most anything would be an upgrade to CV. I hope we take our chances with one of these kids. Like I said I really like Swanson and hope its him. He has a load of potential. We have already seen Vaughn's potential and it's not good. I don't care about the experience he brings. I have had enough experience watching him get owned!

There is this video on Youtube (below) of him against TCU. I didn't notice anything special. The video doesn't show him covering anybody deep. Most of the time he is in cushion coverage. I don't like how he ends the plays, kind of lazy.

On a side note every time I watch a KSU video I continue to be not impressed with Arthur Brown. I guess am not a football expert so maybe that's why I can't understand what Ravens and other people saw in him.

this guy looks terrible in the above video he seems lazy and slow at the end of plays

Don't really care much for the Secondary as long as Vaughn stays at #4 CB or less. I'm more interested in the front 7 this year. That seems to be where we put the most money into this off-season. Looking forward to seeing the guys in action

And why is that relevant? I didn't mention Malone at all. Dax is better than both.

I didn't follow Dax's games, but his highlight reel was more impressive than anybody else's I saw.  He has ball skills and creates turnovers.

I dont understand why some of ya'll dont like vaughn as our starting corner.....ya'll are being too picky he's better than gordy and sheldon price colts didnt resign him for no reason get over it

... What?

Guys, the draft used to have 12 rounds and guys that were drafted after the 7th routinely made rosters. The reason why the top UDFA's went undrafted is simply because there werent enough rounds. Its not because they arent any good. One of my biggest gripes with the NFL is that there arent enough players on each roster. 53 is ridiculous and if the union should push for 60. 6 players more than a two deep with a LS, P, and K? Thats just not enough.

Having said that, I think that 3 UDFA's make the team. Cleary and a couple of these CB's. Maybe Moore.

Not saying that none of the UDFA CB's will make the team....I am aware that it happens.  But, do you remember the names of the UDFA CB's last year that we were all so excited about which we brought in to compete with an even weaker secondary (Vaughn and Gordy among them)?  Neither do I....

Well...at least he doesn't have trouble finding the ball.

Malone, 5-10, 180 pounds, played two years for Kansas State and totaled 109 tackles (90 solo), 19 passes defensed, 12 interceptions, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery in 26 career games. 

That's almost a pick every other game.

No he's not jacob lacey was awful.....vaughn is good at what he does.....ya'll keep comparing him to the other corners we have and they dont get any playing time so that's foolish

No he's terrible. If Cassius Vaughn is good than Vontae Davis is the 2nd coming of Deion Sanders.

Dont know which games you was watching but it wasnt colts games

Pretty sure you're the only person who thought he played good. Everyone here knows how bad he played last season. I can't remember anything noteworthy that he did outside of getting burned.

No he's not jacob lacey was awful.....vaughn is good at what he does.....ya'll keep comparing him to the other corners we have and they dont get any playing time so that's foolish

People are down on Vaughn because he couldn't find the ball in the air with a LoJack. He has no ball skills. Solid tackler and good speed though.

Pretty sure you're the only person who thought he played good. Everyone here knows how bad he played last season. I can't remember anything noteworthy that he did outside of getting burned.

I'm pretty sure I'm not.....you dont like vaughn cool but dont act like he isnt a good asset to our defense

I'm pretty sure I'm not.....you dont like vaughn cool but dont act like he isnt a good asset to our defense

IMO not only is vaughn not an asset, I would go farther and say he is actually a liability. In a pass happy league even your Nickel CBs need to be good.

He's got major downsides.  Scouts picked him apart.  Let's be real, this kid will not even sniff 2nd string.  Doubt he makes the team.  Nothing to get excited about when you're talking about UFA.  There are hundreds and hundreds of scouts looking over every one of these kids' every move.  Don't think for a minute someone got under the radar at this level and this year, where technology allows us to know if his left index finger is longer than his right.  Doesn't happen. But I do hope he makes it in the CFL or some amateur league football somewhere.

While you are entitled to your opinion there have been quite a few players who slip through the draft that make NFL rosters. You have no clue how this player will turn out after being trained and coached.  Grigson seen something in this kid to bring him in so I will trust his judgement over you, me or any other arm chair GM. Just because this player may not have the talent to be a starter there could be a spot on the roster as a back up or special team player.