Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Sign Another CB

Freeman came from the CFL.  I wonder how every GM missed him?

Players get overlooked every single year, it is a very common occurence.

Yep...some of it is a pure numbers game.

Unless a guy has off the charts talent or a particularly good fit, then 32 teams looking to MAYBE turn over 10-20 roster spots might let a guy like this slide by the time free agency, the draft and UDFA signings are done. They can only evaluate so many players in an off-season/pre-season.

It's probably worth while for a front office to keep an open mind to maybe 2-3 guys outside the scope of the draft/college pipeline in those evaluations though....the CFL does have some guys who can play NFL ball as we saw with Freeman.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While you are entitled to your opinion there have been quite a few players who slip through the draft that make NFL rosters. You have no clue how this player will turn out after being trained and coached.  Grigson seen something in this kid to bring him in so I will trust his judgement over you, me or any other arm chair GM. Just because this player may not have the talent to be a starter there could be a spot on the roster as a back up or special team player. 

agreed.  i get a little hasty with UFA.  he could also be a fit with one team and a lemon with another, seen that happen.