Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2013-2014 Starting Defense IMO

DE                   NT             DE

Redding       Franklin      Ricky Jean 

OLB                                ILB                    OLB 

Walden                          Freeman            Mathis

Werner                          Angerer            Sidbury

CB #1       CB4                                                                                                        CB #3                          CB #2

Davis        Swamson                                                                                              Butler                         Toler

FS                                                    SS

Bethea                                              Landry

Sheldon Price is gonna be a beast!! how sick would it have been to have picked up chase thomas and then he would have backed up Mathis! i could just picture that!

Sheldon price isn't better than Cassius Vaughn if you ask me

Sheldon Price is gonna be a beast!! how sick would it have been to have picked up chase thomas and then he would have backed up Mathis! i could just picture that!

Sheldon price isn't better than Cassius Vaughn if you ask me

He definitely is and he has the size and speed to be a great corner. I see both Price and Swanson beating out Vaughn and whoever our other worthless corners are for the #4 and 5 spot

He definitely is and he has the size and speed to be a great corner. I see both Price and Swanson beating out Vaughn and whoever our other worthless corners are for the #4 and 5 spot

Marcus Wheaton took Sheldon price to school this year for 9 catches 155yrds, Matt Barkley abused him, and he is terrible and I mean terrible against the run and struggles to get off WR blocks downfield in the screen and run game. Even I hate to say it but ill take Vaughn over Price

And a year from now,  Redding might be replaced by Hughes....   Franklin might be replaced by Chapman.....    and Bethea might be replaced by Boyett.....

Or not....

But it's interesting food for thought.......

This is what camp is for. I believe all of this will be front & center immediately when camp starts. Except A Bethea.

I believe C Pagano is going to try & change the mental make-up of our team (Defense especially) the old fashioned way. He is preaching "STOP THE RUN" - well - thats not something you just turn on. You gotta raise the killer instinct of the team through intense competition.

Each man is pushing the next man to either get it done or get out the way so he can. Look at the depth chart. We can maneuver a player or 2 around and cover almost anybody. Expect injuries. Especially at OG/C & up the middle where competition will get ugly. This where change must come the quickest.

No more soft stepping on either line. The OL is responsible for a running game now. Not just 4 seconds to let A Luck throw. They gotta bring the pain. 

Yeah, flip Toler and Vontae because Vontae plays opposite side. Switch Angerer with Conner and I'm willing to bet anything vaughn is our dime and not one of the ufa's we picked up will make the team.

Thank you. Not sure why anyone expects Angerer to start over Conner, Conner was the starter last year even BEFORE Angerer got injured.

UDFA corners are world beaters typically around here. We had a couple last year that were all but guaranteed to beat out the weak sauce establishment (Vaughn and Gordy included)...yet I'm having trouble coming up with their names right now.

UDFA corners are world beaters typically around here. We had a couple last year that were all but guaranteed to beat out the weak sauce establishment (Vaughn and Gordy included)...yet I'm having trouble coming up with their names right now.

one of them was Cameron Chism...I only know because I was also trying to remember their names a week or so ago and couldn't so I had to do a search...don't remember who the other was lol

Marcus Wheaton took Sheldon price to school this year for 9 catches 155yrds, Matt Barkley abused him, and he is terrible and I mean terrible against the run and struggles to get off WR blocks downfield in the screen and run game. Even I hate to say it but ill take Vaughn over Price

Marcus Wheaton took everyone to school.   He's terrific and Pittsburgh got themselves a steal.

Barkley is a very good QB and only had Lee and Woods as his WR's.   By the way,  how bad could Barkley have abused him?  Barkley got injured relatively early in the SC-UCLA game.

I don't expect Price to make the final 53.  Same with Swanson, or the other FA corner we signed.   But I expect them to make the practice squad.

I think our corners will likely be the usual suspects:   Davis, Toler, Butler,  Vaughn,  Gordy

Thank you. Not sure why anyone expects Angerer to start over Conner, Conner was the starter last year even BEFORE Angerer got injured.

Technically Conner and Angerer were both starting. Freeman didn't step in and start until Angerer got hurt in the first preseason game.

Marcus Wheaton took everyone to school. He's terrific and Pittsburgh got themselves a steal.

Barkley is a very good QB and only had Lee and Woods as his WR's. By the way, how bad could Barkley have abused him? Barkley got injured relatively early in the SC-UCLA game.

I don't expect Price to make the final 53. Same with Swanson, or the other FA corner we signed. But I expect them to make the practice squad.

I think our corners will likely be the usual suspects: Davis, Toler, Butler, Vaughn, Gordy

I watched the 2012 and the 2011 ucla vs USC game that's why I said that

Maybey I dont understand what you are saying - but P Angerer got hurt on the very 1st play from scrimmage in the preseason opener.