Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Could We Make Another Impact Trade.

Dark Superman

Like the one we did before the season last year when we acquired Davis.

Possibly giving up another high draft pick to acquire an already proven talent who could step in immediately and make an impact.

Perhaps a stud WR this year..

I would be all for it.. Grigson and Irsay always see to be creative and loaded with ideas to improve our franchise as fast as possible..

Thoughts?

You guys seriously gotta let the WR fiening go. It's not gonna happen this year. Next year? Most likely

But not this year

I agree With TK I have no idea why everyone is yelling for a WR we have DHB Wayne and Hilton who I believe will all be very good this year

You guys seriously gotta let the WR fiening go. It's not gonna happen this year. Next year? Most likely

But not this year

Right. We already had the big WR FA acquisition. If DHB works out this year, he may be the heir apparent to Reggie.

I like the potential of the guys on our roster already. It's now a matter of building up rapport with Luck.

Right. We already had the big WR FA acquisition. If DHB works out this year, he may be the heir apparent to Reggie.I like the potential of the guys on our roster already. It's now a matter of building up rapport with Luck.

Like we literally have a million WR's. We haven't even see what that tall guy Kelley has to offer. Whalen, Brazill, Sambrano..... the list goes on.

We're already missing our 4th next year. I dont wanna lose any more picks. We need younger players we can groom to be stars.

Depends on the trade but generally for fair trades, I don't want to lose anymore picks.  

Now I'm fully willing to give up a 3rd for Adrian Peterson.  :-P  I'll even throw Donald Brown in there to sweeten the pot.  

Like the one we did before the season last year when we acquired Davis.

Possibly giving up another high draft pick to acquire an already proven talent who could step in immediately and make an impact.

Perhaps a stud WR this year..

I would be all for it.. Grigson and Irsay always see to be creative and loaded with ideas to improve our franchise as fast as possible..

Thoughts?

I honestly don't see a spot that's lacking in talent so much that we'd need to.

I think we have adequate starters across the board so we may as well save our draft picks.

I could see a deal maybe with Drake Nevis being shipped out to baltimore for Arthur Jones 3-4 DE  knows chucks scheme  played with him for a few years ? 

or makes angerer shippable but i wouldnt settle for anything less than a 3rd rounder

maybe re-up on that 4th rounder Grigs gave up for Montori Hughes...

i would hope for a trade for angerer who i like but doesnt fit our defensive scheme maybe for a 4th round pick next year? just to replace the pick we lost i like pat but we need production

we could also possibly trade drake nevis for a 4th round pick too? just my opinion they just dont fit hereto me

I could see a deal maybe with Drake Nevis being shipped out to baltimore for Arthur Jones 3-4 DE  knows chucks scheme  played with him for a few years ? 

or makes angerer shippable but i wouldnt settle for anything less than a 3rd rounder

Why would the Ravens do that?

I think with the way angerer plays we show be able to get 3rd  but if not 4th

I guess if the coaches/FO feel like he plays at a 3rd round level, I would question why he would be put on the trade block at all...

I think a 4th round pick would be wishful thinking, unless a team is just really desperate...

i would hope for a trade for angerer who i like but doesnt fit our defensive scheme maybe for a 4th round pick next year? just to replace the pick we lost i like pat but we need production

You gotta pat another year because he battled injury if his production is bad this year then ship him next but pat has been good when he's healthy

But not this year

I stop reading when i see " adding a WR " again lol. it is getting old. to me the offense is completely fine although wouldnt hurt to add alittle depth to the tackle positions. but our offensive weapons are set. im happy with Wayne, DHB, Hilton, Brazill, Whalen, Palmer, Kelley,Sampson,and  rodrick rumble (def rumble i mean at 6'2 over 200 lbs and runs a 4.5 40...decent speed and can get up after the ball) and that is saying if one of those last two make the team anyway. 

Literally???

he does have a point, plus we signed two more as UDFA as well. we have 10 WR's, 11 if you want to count fleener as being a slot WR lol. we do have tons of WR's that we should prob wait and see what these guys can do first before we start talking about trading away picks for a " stud " WR as the OP questioned. 

I stop reading when i see " adding a WR " again lol. it is getting old. to me the offense is completely fine although wouldnt hurt to add alittle depth to the tackle positions. but our offensive weapons are set. im happy with Wayne, DHB, Hilton, Brazill, Whalen, Palmer, Kelley,Sampson,and  rodrick rumble (def rumble i mean at 6'2 over 200 lbs and runs a 4.5 40...decent speed and can get up after the ball) and that is saying if one of those last two make the team anyway. 

I'd rather have Ramses Barden than Palmer, Kelley and Sampson, but none of them are going to make the final roster. So the question becomes whether I'd rather have Barden than Wayne, Hilton, DHB, Brazill, Whalen. And maybe -- as much as I like Whalen's style of play -- I'd rather have Barden than him, but that's it.

So how worried should we be about perhaps improving our fifth receiver? I'd argue that Grigson should be very aware of every reasonable opportunity we have to do so. But I don't think it's going to make or break our season. The difference between us being a fringe playoff team and being a title contender isn't Ramses Barden.

Last note on Barden: I think it says something that the Giants haven't tried to keep him, and it's almost May. Maybe some of us like him more than we should.

another play that could be expendable   Donald Brown      has been more of a bust then a boomer .... get something for him fifth or sixth rounder ? anything i like the way ballard has come out of college and really did a great job IMO

if he has been such a bust, why would a team give up even so much as a 7th rounder for him??    :scratch:

he does have a point, plus we signed two more as UDFA as well. we have 10 WR's, 11 if you want to count fleener as being a slot WR lol. we do have tons of WR's that we should prob wait and see what these guys can do first before we start talking about trading away picks for a " stud " WR as the OP questioned. 

Okay, but...

3qrs1v.jpg

Last year our OL was ghetto-fixed, and the CB position had not really been addressed by the time we got to TC.  This year: I don't see any position that has that kind of situation going on.  The OT position is sitting there with only one experienced back-up (Jeff Linkenbach), so that would be the position of biggest need right now.  Also, we're only sitting there with three "good" CBs, and one marginal guy who got good experience last year (Vaughn).  These needs don't impress me after last year's piecing together of a roster.  I do like Grigson's willingness to trade to add that last bit of depth, though.  I'd be surprised if he doesn't make more trades before Game 1...

I stop reading when i see " adding a WR " again lol. it is getting old. to me the offense is completely fine although wouldnt hurt to add alittle depth to the tackle positions. but our offensive weapons are set. im happy with Wayne, DHB, Hilton, Brazill, Whalen, Palmer, Kelley,Sampson,and rodrick rumble (def rumble i mean at 6'2 over 200 lbs and runs a 4.5 40...decent speed and can get up after the ball) and that is saying if one of those last two make the team anyway.

I just don't get it. People whined for a WR, we got DHB and everyone was all hyped and excited about. Now few weeks later, we're still talking about WR's. How many do we have to grab for people to be satisfied?!

I honestly don't see a spot that's lacking in talent so much that we'd need to.

I think we have adequate starters across the board so we may as well save our draft picks.

I still think the Corner position needs to be looked at. Toler's 4 yr career he has only started a total of 15 games although one year he was out the whole season, but last season he started in only 2 games and played in 11 and were asking him to come in and start every game? but that is beside the point, point is after butler who do we really have that we could have step in if Toler,Davis, or butler go down?? nobody can trust vaughn. so i believe Cornerback is the area of need still. but i wouldnt make a trade and give up our 2nd rounder. I would wait to see who gets cut, and go from there.