Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

bring back Dallas Clark?

HawkeyesColts

How about bringing Dallas Clark back to the Colts? I bumped into Dallas on Saturday at a local(Zionsville) business and we had a chance to briefly talk about pro & college fb. He had a 1 year deal with the Bucs and they aren't bringing him back. I'd like to see Indy sign him again.

Clark is one of my favorite former Colts, but I don't see any reason for us to bring him back. He'll be 34, his best years are clearly behind him, and he'd be competing for time with two young, promising players. He's not going to pull his weight on special teams. Doesn't seem like a good move for either side.

I honestly don't see how we could use him here. I love the guy and was sad to see him leave, but we have a young team now. Eventually, you have to let go of sentimental value to players, because this is a business, and he is no longer an asset to the Colts, or any other team for that matter. Being only 16, I grew up watching the same core of players my entire life. With all of the turn over on the team last year, I was able to learn to base my judgments on current production, rather than sentimental memories. Thanks for the memories, Dallas, but there's no way you will ever play any prominent role for the Colts anymore.

uggh

Your acting like it's not the truth. I can find a handful of people who would agree with what I've said. Bring Pep in isn't going to somehow change the fact that he plays with fear. Rookie or not, got bring your A game. Dwayne Allen proved what he brings every game and that's toughness

Your acting like it's not the truth. I can find a handful of people who would agree with what I've said. Bring Pep in isn't going to somehow change the fact that he plays with fear. Rookie or not, got bring your A game. Dwayne Allen proved what he brings every game and that's toughness

What do you mean by, "plays with fear"?

If Fleener or Allen were to get hurt and were to miss significant time, maybe. But to bring him back under current circumstances he'd have to be #3, and that's just not beneficial for either side, TBH.

Saunders is our #3. Clark probably couldn't beat him out. We're fine at TE

Sure as an assistant to the assistant TE coach for 25K a year for one year and see what happens :} If he wants a future in the NFL after his career is over with and which looks like it is then he'll have to start at the bottom so why not do it here.....

Go Colts!!!!!

Go Grigson!!!!!

Sorry, I just can't see the value in doing that. Dallas had his time in the spotlight here in INDY & that time is now over. Maybe both Dallas Clark & Jeff Saturday can get together & ponder the good ole days over a nice juicy steak or something. Dallas is a great guy, but like Superman, Dustin, & several others correctly pointed out, Dallas's days of being a starter in INDY have long since passed. Age escapes no athlete & Dallas isn't a young man anymore. Father Time says no on this one.

Did you bump into him at Walmart? 

Too soon? 

Yeah, it probably is too soon on that joke Lollygager, but if it's any consolation I'll bet Dallas Clark makes manager years faster at Walmart than Mark Sanchez does.  :funny:  lmao  Good one!  :thmup: 

Sorry Dallas. You were great in your prime, but those days are long gone now. 

I say this as a big Dallas Clark fan.  We have a younger version of him already on the roster in Fleener.  Frankly other than QB I think TE is our deepest spot so I don't think we will be bringing Dallas back.  Now if Fleener was to get hurt during the season and miss time I could see us bringing in Dallas but frankly I would rather Fleener not get hurt. 

I think the most interesting thing in regards to this post is in a year where we saw Brackett, Addai, Clark, Gonzalez...etc GONE...they are all pretty much SOL in the league.

Crazy how we got exactly the mediocre to better years out of them all and then cut ties with them and they freefell.

I think the most interesting thing in regards to this post is in a year where we saw Brackett, Addai, Clark, Gonzalez...etc GONE...they are all pretty much SOL in the league.

Crazy how we got exactly the mediocre to better years out of them all and then cut ties with them and they freefell.

You mean crazy how they free fall when not on the same team as 18 ...

Yeah, it probably is too soon on that joke Lollygager, but if it's any consolation I'll bet Dallas Clark makes manager years faster at Walmart than Mark Sanchez does.  :funny:  lmao  Good one!  :thmup:

Sorry Dallas. You were great in your prime, but those days are long gone now. 

You really stooped low on that reply southwest1.  Totally uncalled for in my book. :slaphead:  Some of your replies are really disappointing.

Goodness.....   what you describe as playing with fear is what the vast majority of rookies play like.   It's not the exception,  it's the rule.     So, while you think you've offered up some rare insight,  all you've done (without realizing it)  is state the obvious.

Fleener will be better this year....    the question is....   how much?    We're all going to find out....

How about bringing Dallas Clark back to the Colts? I bumped into Dallas on Saturday at a local(Zionsville) business and we had a chance to briefly talk about pro & college fb. He had a 1 year deal with the Bucs and they aren't bringing him back. I'd like to see Indy sign him again.

Next time you see him, tell him to head for the 'Old Colts Home' in Denver..

May sound harsh........ but I don't want any of the old Colts back on this team that aren't here now. We're moving forward here, not backwards.

Mathis, Wayne, Bethea, & Vinny are the last ones left from the old era. I don't wanna bring any of the others back. So no Brackett, Addai, Clark, Collie, Freeney, Etc. Etc.

Let's move forward

Goodness..... what you describe as playing with fear is what the vast majority of rookies play like. It's not the exception, it's the rule. So, while you think you've offered up some rare insight, all you've done (without realizing it) is state the obvious.

Fleener will be better this year.... the question is.... how much? We're all going to find out....

Yeah the "playing with fear" argument isn't an effective one what so ever.

I don't understand what everyone's expectations for Fleener were. That he was going to come in as a rookie and be as good as prime Dallas Clark? That he was going to be instant "Gronk, just add water and microwave?"

I saw enough from him to think he has a bright future, but what his ceiling is I can't really say.