Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

bring back Dallas Clark?

HawkeyesColts

Yeah the "playing with fear" argument isn't an effective one what so ever.

I don't understand what everyone's expectations for Fleener were. That he was going to come in as a

rookie and be as good as prime Dallas Clark? That he was going to be instant "Gronk, just add water and

microwave?"

I saw enough from him to think he has a bright future, but what his ceiling is I can't really say.

I was just picking on him that's all lol. But I honestly think he played with fear last season. I seen Dwayne Allen's college tapes, I knew he'd bring a good toughness to the team. Fleener played like that in college as well, but it was lacking last season.

You really stooped low on that reply southwest1.  Totally uncalled for in my book. :slaphead:  Some of your replies are really disappointing.

I apologize that you were offended you Susie Q. But, I always speak my mind my mind & I refuse to retract my dark humor. It's who I am & you can thank comedian George Carlin, Bill Maher, my father, & a few college buddies for that. I don't change for anybody; What you see is what you get. I'm an acquired taste pure & simple. Thank you for your feedback & have a pleasant evening. 

Humor is like food not everybody agrees on what fine cuisine is...What you call "a low" blow I call reality. Hey, sometimes the truth hurts..I'm not in the business of hiding my genuine beliefs. Naturally, I don't expect friends to see eye to eye on everything & I wouldn't want them too either. 

Your acting like it's not the truth. I can find a handful of people who would agree with what I've said. Bring Pep in isn't going to somehow change the fact that he plays with fear. Rookie or not, got bring your A game. Dwayne Allen proved what he brings every game and that's toughness

I'm sorry but Fleener as a rookie, is better than Dallas right now.  Even with his so-called fear.  Clark towards the end of his career with the colts wasn't exactly the cream of the crop.  I loved him as much as the next but those last couple of years he began dropping lots of balls and wasn't the healthiest.  2010 he had 37 rec with 53 targets while playing in 6 games and in 2011 he was 34 for 64  in 11 games. . . .actually looking farther back throughout his career he has dropped a lot of balls.  Not to say he hasn't had some amazing catches but lets not anoint him Tony Gonzalez

I apologize that you were offended you Susie Q. But, I always speak my mind my mind & I refuse to retract my dark humor. It's who I am & you can thank comedian George Carlin, Bill Maher, my father, & a few college buddies for that. I don't change for anybody; What you see is what you get. I'm an acquired taste pure & simple. Thank you for your feedback & have a pleasant evening. 

Humor is like food not everybody agrees on what fine cuisine is...What you call "a low" blow I call reality. Hey, sometimes the truth hurts..I'm not in the business of hiding my genuine beliefs. Naturally, I don't expect friends to see eye to eye on everything & I wouldn't want them too either. 

He was the man!!!!!!

He was the man!!!!!!

Preach Brother Preach...He's Father Carlin to me with a Saint like intellectual status in my household...Even though, pointing out the hypocrisy of religion, bureaucracy, safety regulations, language & it's true intent were his favorite past times...He always wanted this on his tombstone: "He was here just a second ago." :lol::funny:haha Man, I miss him...A great thinker & a kind person...

LOL. Seriously?

While I appreciate the fact that you were not offended by what I said regarding Dallas Clark Ryan, Susie Q has every right to her beliefs & if she was sincerely offended by what I said that is her right. Perhaps, she is an enormous Dallas Clark fan & hates to see him mocked or ridiculed in any way. I can respect that. I'm still very protective of Peyton Manning & Jim Kelly to this day.

Again, Susie Q is a very nice person. Please let her express her viewpoints freely whatever they are. This isn't about who's right or wrong. It's about a friendly forum where all ideas, even contrary ones, are welcome. Yes, anyone can respond appropriately of course as they deem fit naturally, but her viewpoints on this site are just as valuable as yours, mine, or anyone else's. Thank you. I encourage dissent, critical thinking, & lively debate around here that is open & respectful to all NFL fans.

Your acting like it's not the truth. I can find a handful of people who would agree with what I've said. Bring Pep in isn't going to somehow change the fact that he plays with fear. Rookie or not, got bring your A game. Dwayne Allen proved what he brings every game and that's toughness

Mods, can you make the font size smaller on the 'likes' display to make sure all these likes can fit in......

Dallas is probably my favorite Colts player of all time.

But, I really don't see much sense in bringing him back.  

I would love for him to maybe sign a one-day contract and retire as a Colt like Saturday did.  Obviously, Clark wouldn't warrant the ceremony that Saturday did, but still.

I like Dallas Clark, he came out of Iowa which is my favorite college team and played a lot of good years for the Colts.

But honestly he'd only be valuable as maybe the #3 TE on a vet min with no guaranteed money.  

It's more or less time for him to retire.