Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kerry Collins """concussion"""

Case

Is it just me or does the whole Collins concussion seem fishy. The one big hit he took it didn't look like his head hit the ground that hard. I know sometimes things don't look like the much but can hurt. I personally think this was caldwells way of seeing if painter could produce. If painter came out and threw 3 Picks Caldwell had a reason for doing it. I'm glad it finally happened I think painter gives us a better chance.

Does anybody else think it's a little fishy?

Is it just me or does the whole Collins concussion seem fishy. The one big hit he took it didn't look like his head hit the ground that hard. I know sometimes things don't look like the much but can hurt. I personally think this was caldwells way of seeing if painter could produce. If painter came out and threw 3 Picks Caldwell had a reason for doing it. I'm glad it finally happened I think painter gives us a better chance.

Yes, I agree. In another thread I mentioned that I felt it was a way for KC to save face.

Yea but usually when coaching staff fears a concussion they are suppose to take them back to the locker room immediately not 15-20 min later. Idk I hope Kerry is ok but it's painter time.

And what makes them "fear" a concussion? Having the medical staff examine him on the sidelines. Which is what happened, he came off the field and Painter started warming up, the medical staff examined Collins and then took him to the locker room after examining him.

Yea but usually when coaching staff fears a concussion they are suppose to take them back to the locker room immediately not 15-20 min later. Idk I hope Kerry is ok but it's painter time.

[/qu

I never thought I would be yelling GO CURTIS but I agree it is his time to step up. Mr Collins, I hope you are okay but go enjoy your retirement. You are no longer needed. Hopefully they won't be pulling out another retiree to back up Curtis.

Thanks for starting this post. I was thinking the same thing and commented on this in another post. Someone ask "How can you tell by looking at someone" Well for the most part, a person will look dazed, confused, stay on the ground for a short period of time, come out of the game immediately, have the trainers immediately look at you, begin test, and direct you to the locker room. In this case (LOL), sorry had to laugh, he gets hit, pops right up, argues with the ref, goes to the sideline, sits on the bench and looks very normal and 15 minutes later, goes to the locker room. I'm sorry but i dont buy a concussion but im glad he was taken out of the game.

Also, I was one of the people that was extremely critical of Waynes inital assesment of Kerry but now I'm beginning to think he was right all alone. Sorry Regie, Go Painter.

Thanks for starting this post. I was thinking the same thing and commented on this in another post. Someone ask "How can you tell by looking at someone" Well for the most part, a person will look dazed, confused, stay on the ground for a short period of time, come out of the game immediately, have the trainers immediately look at you, begin test, and direct you to the locker room. In this case (LOL), sorry had to laugh, he gets hit, pops right up, argues with the ref, goes to the sideline, sits on the bench and looks very normal and 15 minutes later, goes to the locker room. I'm sorry but i dont buy a concussion but im glad he was taken out of the game.

Also, I was one of the people that was extremely critical of Waynes inital assesment of Kerry but now I'm beginning to think he was right all alone. Sorry Regie, Go Painter.

I agree 100%. If manning and Wayne have faith in painter that means he must be a decent qb. I'm excited for painter. He will do well. I bet if he does well this week the colts might release Collins cause Collins came out of retirement to be a starter not a backup.

If say we have a system Peyton has built for years, Collins surely is not a proper substitue since this is an intelligence-based system rather than a system he has been working in when he played for the Titans. Colts players are not very physical and extremely athletical, so if he wants to see Colts receivers catch like Kenny Britt (OK his season might be over) he will never find them open. However Painter may know the idea of this system very well and that is why one of his throws last night to connect to the open Garcon was the only bright spot in the passing game. He does not have Peyton's execution but nobody in the NFL can understand Peyton's ideas better than his own student. Give him some practice and plays and the season just cannot be worse at this point.

For those who invited Collins here, they need an execuse to stop this horrible experiment. So here it comes.

I didn't think it was fishy until I read this thread. I was actually wondering if he had had concussions before. I don't question the man's integrity. He came here for the opportunity to win.

My thoughts coaches finally understood they brought in a wrong person and they just needed an execuse. They just lost the confidence on him after one 3-and-out after another. The way Collins executed just did not fit Colts style. It was not because he should be retired, it was that he did not belong to Colts football. If he was the one to win the game for us I dont think he was a no-go even he got a real hit.

Another bad decision to bring Collins here by the front office I feel.

Its just you.

Did you see the slow-motion reply of him getting hit in the head at full speed...

Ever had a concussion?

I agree 100%. If manning and Wayne have faith in painter that means he must be a decent qb. I'm excited for painter. He will do well. I bet if he does well this week the colts might release Collins cause Collins came out of retirement to be a starter not a backup.

Manning and Wayne are friends of Painter...They dont know Collins

Wayne knows how bad (lets just say mediocre) Curtis Painter is..be he's also his friend..

He doesnt know Kerry Collins from Kerry Wood..

I liked the way he spoke up...

But your head doesnt have to hit the ground for you to have a concussion..

If you dont think Collins has a concussion..you didnt see that big ugly Pittsburgh guy hit him in the head..........

Maybe Collins didnt want to go to the locker room...

I'm worried that painter gets knocked out next week because he's the last QB we have...who has any chance to win games..

If say we have a system Peyton has built for years, Collins surely is not a proper substitue since this is an intelligence-based system rather than a system he has been working in when he played for the Titans. Colts players are not very physical and extremely athletical, so if he wants to see Colts receivers catch like Kenny Britt (OK his season might be over) he will never find them open. However Painter may know the idea of this system very well and that is why one of his throws last night to connect to the open Garcon was the only bright spot in the passing game. He does not have Peyton's execution but nobody in the NFL can understand Peyton's ideas better than his own student. Give him some practice and plays and the season just cannot be worse at this point.

For those who invited Collins here, they need an execuse to stop this horrible experiment. So here it comes.

The Colts dont need an excuse to change QBs..when you're 0-3..Collins knows that.

You dont really believe that Curtis Painter missed six open receivers because he has a better grasp of our system, do you?

..and MY Lord..dont say it cant get worse.....We're competitive.

It can get much worse than this...Much worse..

They actually did take collins back to the locker room, but it still doesnt look like any regular concussion cause i didnt see any hit to justify that injury... but then again he's old soo who knows. I personally would like to think that was a way of getting painter in to see how he does.

During the NBC pregame show, I thought it was a bit fishy, when prior to the kickoff, the commentator mentioned how Collins was banged up and he might not be able to finish the game, and how then the Colts would turn to Painter to replace him.

Now, I believe this whole concussion story is phony, and just a way for the Colts staff to play Painter without having to bench Collins due to his ineffectiveness.

Manning and Wayne are friends of Painter...They dont know Collins

Wayne knows how bad (lets just say mediocre) Curtis Painter is..be he's also his friend..

He doesnt know Kerry Collins from Kerry Wood..

I liked the way he spoke up...

But your head doesnt have to hit the ground for you to have a concussion..

If you dont think Collins has a concussion..you didnt see that big ugly Pittsburgh guy hit him in the head..........

I played football from middle school to college and usually when you get hard enough to get a concussion you don't jump up and argue with the ref. Your seeing stars and sometimes a little dizzy. Collins didn't look like a guy that just got hit hard enough for a concussion.

My thoughts coaches finally understood they brought in a wrong person and they just needed an execuse. They just lost the confidence on him after one 3-and-out after another. The way Collins executed just did not fit Colts style. It was not because he should be retired, it was that he did not belong to Colts football. If he was the one to win the game for us I dont think he was a no-go even he got a real hit.

Another bad decision to bring Collins here by the front office I feel.

I think it's a little rich for everybody to say that "collins was a bad decision by the front office" when all of us were saying "thank God they got somebody in here that can play QB" Plus, were there any other options on the street for QB 2 weeks b/f the season started? I'm all for questioning the bad decisions made by the front office. But this isn't one of them. Now, choosing to ignore the backup qb situation for the last decade was a bad decision by the front office. Trying to get a QB that can help us in a pinch with Peyton having neck problems was NOT a mistake. Remember, people, they didn't know that P-money would need another surgery. They just thought he'd be out the first few games and tried to get him some help.

When things are going well, BP is a God. When things aren't, he and JC should both be thrown out on the street. It's just silly.

Did you see the slow-motion reply of him getting hit in the head at full speed...

Ever had a concussion?

Yes and Yes.

Head never hit ground, Hit was under his chin and snapped his head back, but obviously not hard enough to cause the neck nerves to snap backwards and knock him out

He may have lots of room for the brain to move more than usual in the skull cavity.

But didn't look like concussion caliber hit.

I thought the same thing when it happened.

Think about it. If the painter "project" didn't work out, then Collins would come back in next week, etc. It also allowed Collins to save face and eliminate embarrassment and a "QB controversy".

It seemed like the best case scenario. It allowed for the QB Collins(who was struggling) to be replaced without the coaches making any long-term decisions or infer that Collins wasn't getting it done. It also allowed for the coaching staff to compare Collins and Painter in an actual game.

Now, I'm not sure that is what happened, but Collins seemed fine after the hit.

I'm not sure who gives us a better chance to win. Its a bummer about last night. A win(darn, we were so close) would have gotten us to 1-2. With three winnable games coming up, we could have got to 4-2. And who knows. The team played well last night. Even coaching seemed to improve. IMO, our guys earned a win last night (at least the defense did)

I hope the team realizes they did us proud(I think), and I hope they don't get too down on themselves. NOBODY (except Jim, haha) thought the Colts had a chance.

Our boys played a good game I think. I think we saw improvement in all areas. Except maybe special teams.

And how about that DEFENSE!?

I thought the same thing when it happened.

Think about it. If the painter "project" didn't work out, then Collins would come back in next week, etc. It also allowed Collins to save face and eliminate embarrassment and a "QB controversy".

It seemed like the best case scenario. It allowed for the QB Collins(who was struggling) to be replaced without the coaches making any long-term decisions or infer that Collins wasn't getting it done. It also allowed for the coaching staff to compare Collins and Painter in an actual game.

Now, I'm not sure that is what happened, but Collins seemed fine after the hit.

I'm not sure who gives us a better chance to win. Its a bummer about last night. A win(darn, we were so close) would have gotten us to 1-2. With three winnable games coming up, we could have got to 4-2. And who knows. The team played well last night. Even coaching seemed to improve. IMO, our guys earned a win last night (at least the defense did)

I hope the team realizes they did us proud(I think), and I hope they don't get too down on themselves. NOBODY (except Jim, haha) thought the Colts had a chance.

Our boys played a good game I think. I think we saw improvement in all areas. Except maybe special teams.

And how about that DEFENSE!?

+1. Great post!

I thought it was weird. Usually when you have a concussion, you're out for like 10 mins, and you look and feel woozy. You are also in the locker room right away, and you can't be on the field, because it's too loud and if you have a concussion you can't withstand that. It's very fishy, and I think he was just being cautious, and I hope it costs him his job.

If Collins does have a concussion don't we need to sign another QB? Painter does tend to take a lot of Blind Side hits. We can't truly expect to play the rest of the season with a recent retiree w/concussion like symptoms and the inexperience QB who takes at least one good hit everytime he gets on the field.

Just a question...

I played football from middle school to college and usually when you get hard enough to get a concussion you don't jump up and argue with the ref. Your seeing stars and sometimes a little dizzy. Collins didn't look like a guy that just got hit hard enough for a concussion.

That is not true at all. I've had three concussions in my life, one playing football, one in a motorcycle accident and one playing basketball on the playground.

The one in football, I got up, got in the face of the guy who hit me, got into a shoving match went to the huddle and then passed out. The motorcycle accident I don't remember but I have been told by my friends that I pushed the motorcycle off me, climbed back on, started it up and was going to try the jump again until my brother stopped me. The basketball one hurt like the dickens so I laid on the ground as a golf ball size knot developed on my forehead.

And, oh yeah, I played football from the 5th grade through college(see I can brag about that as well). I've seen guys do all sorts of cognitive things immediately after a hit that caused a concussion, In college, one guy fell on the ice on the sidewalk, smacked his head on the pavement got up took a history test and then started throwing up. We took him to the clinic on campus and he was told he had a concussion. He got a high B on the test.

That is not true at all. I've had three concussions in my life, one playing football, one in a motorcycle accident and one playing basketball on the playground.

The one in football, I got up, got in the face of the guy who hit me, got into a shoving match went to the huddle and then passed out. The motorcycle accident I don't remember but I have been told by my friends that I pushed the motorcycle off me, climbed back on, started it up and was going to try the jump again until my brother stopped me. The basketball one hurt like the dickens so I laid on the ground as a golf ball size knot developed on my forehead.

And, oh yeah, I played football from the 5th grade through college(see I can brag about that as well). I've seen guys do all sorts of cognitive things immediately after a hit that caused a concussion, In college, one guy fell on the ice on the sidewalk, smacked his head on the pavement got up took a history test and then started throwing up. We took him to the clinic on campus and he was told he had a concussion. He got a high B on the test.

Yep, concussions can come in a variety of flavors, just like cuts, bruises and brakes. When I was younger we would place a small launch ramp at the lip of a flooded canal and jump our bikes into it for some summer fun. My buddy tried a backflip and landed upside down on top of a shopping cart which had been submerged.

He seemed dazed, but being the medical aficionados we were, we prescribed him a cigarette. While smoking his cig I noticed his lips had turned blue. I mean blue like lipstick blue. One of those things thats funnier when you look back on it. At the time we kinda panicked.

I think this is full of nonsense.

I was at the game. I saw how Collins looked on the sidelines. I saw how the trainers were gathered around him. So if this is nothing more than an orchestrated ruse to save face, they went to the extreme of making Collins look like he was not quite all there and have several pay him attention that he did not need.

My best guess - he had a concussion, just like was reported.

Yep, concussions can come in a variety of flavors, just like cuts, bruises and brakes. When I was younger we would place a small launch ramp at the lip of a flooded canal and jump our bikes into it for some summer fun. My buddy tried a backflip and landed upside down on top of a shopping cart which had been submerged.

He seemed dazed, but being the medical aficionados we were, we prescribed him a cigarette. While smoking his cig I noticed his lips had turned blue. I mean blue like lipstick blue. One of those things thats funnier when you look back on it. At the time we kinda panicked.

LOL. Nothing like adding oxygen deprivation to the brain after a head trauma. One of the scary thing about football is that any hit (even if it's not too the head) makes the brain slosh around inside the skull. Sometimes that sloshing causes the brain to hit hard enough to bruise (a concussion). It's a bit ridiculous for someone to say the hit on TV didn't look hard enough to cause a concussion and then concoct some conspiracy theory about it.

Especially because after Caldwell (D) got burned on that long pass to Wallace, the Colts didn't make any pretense about taking him out and putting in Lefeged.

I've gotta believe he was hurt.

It did present a convenient transition to Painter tho.

QB phone: "ring , ring"

Collins: "yea"

Polian: "Hey kid, this is crazy Bill, codename : GOD. Its time for you to get that headache we talked about"

Collins: "Understood My Captain"

The way you are writing it, the last line almost should read, "Understood, mein führer" lol