Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kerry Collins """concussion"""

Case

People questioning if players are really injured is the exact reason players feel they have to act like tough guys and get back in the game and risk further injury to themselves.

I'm not gonna question if the guy is hurt. Until I know for 100% certainty, then I'm going to go by what the trainers are saying, he's got a concussion.

That is not true at all. I've had three concussions in my life, one playing football, one in a motorcycle accident and one playing basketball on the playground.

The one in football, I got up, got in the face of the guy who hit me, got into a shoving match went to the huddle and then passed out. The motorcycle accident I don't remember but I have been told by my friends that I pushed the motorcycle off me, climbed back on, started it up and was going to try the jump again until my brother stopped me. The basketball one hurt like the dickens so I laid on the ground as a golf ball size knot developed on my forehead.

And, oh yeah, I played football from the 5th grade through college(see I can brag about that as well). I've seen guys do all sorts of cognitive things immediately after a hit that caused a concussion, In college, one guy fell on the ice on the sidewalk, smacked his head on the pavement got up took a history test and then started throwing up. We took him to the clinic on campus and he was told he had a concussion. He got a high B on the test.

Helmets in the NFL are made to prevent injury. It usually takes a pretty big hit to get a concussion. If this weren't true there would be a lot of concussions. So usually when ur hit hard enough to get a concussion in football you don't just hop right up. I also stated im not Kerry and I didn't take the hit so I wouldn't know. Just said it seemed fishy.

I agree with everyone else. I was lisen to the game on my way home and i heard Lamey say the trainers were looking at Collins and that Painter was taking warm up reps. Then they got the report he had a concussion, but I couldn't remember him taking a hit that could cause it. Not saying the hit he took may not have caused one, but it just seems really really strange, especially the timing of it.

Helmets in the NFL are made to prevent injury.

So are motorcycle helmets
It usually takes a pretty big hit to get a concussion.
You mean like a helmet to the chin of a LB running near full speed?
If this weren't true there would be a lot of concussions.
There are a lot of concussions. Probably top 3 with hammies and ACLs.
So usually when ur hit hard enough to get a concussion in football you don't just hop right up.
And many times a player does hop right up.
I also stated im not Kerry and I didn't take the hit so I wouldn't know. Just said it seemed fishy.

So, in essence, you are claiming it's fishy with no actual knowledge of the situation?

That is not true at all. I've had three concussions in my life, one playing football, one in a motorcycle accident and one playing basketball on the playground.

The one in football, I got up, got in the face of the guy who hit me, got into a shoving match went to the huddle and then passed out. The motorcycle accident I don't remember but I have been told by my friends that I pushed the motorcycle off me, climbed back on, started it up and was going to try the jump again until my brother stopped me. The basketball one hurt like the dickens so I laid on the ground as a golf ball size knot developed on my forehead.

And, oh yeah, I played football from the 5th grade through college(see I can brag about that as well). I've seen guys do all sorts of cognitive things immediately after a hit that caused a concussion, In college, one guy fell on the ice on the sidewalk, smacked his head on the pavement got up took a history test and then started throwing up. We took him to the clinic on campus and he was told he had a concussion. He got a high B on the test.

How many stories do we hear from ex players who basically said they had concussions, but they still went out and played? There is a reason why the NFL has taken such a proactive move with concussions. It is because players in the past would just say oh you just got your bell rung or something like that to downplay concussions and continue to play.

People react differently to concussions. I have played a variety of sports like soccer, basketball, and baseball and see several people get concussions. Some could not even stand after suffering one and others were able to walk on their own and even try and play. A friend of mine on our soccer team got his nose broken and suffered a concussion from an elbow, but once they got the nose stopped he was all ready to go back and play. The doctor told him he suffered a concussion and was not going back in.

This is not some grand conspiracy. The guy suffered a concussion and it should be taken seriously not scoffed at it.

I said it seemed fishy because the hit didn't look like much. I was at the game so I couldn't really see close ups. He looked fine but like I said I'm not Collins. Some people can take bigger hits then others. I'm allowed to have an opinion even if you don't like it. Sorry if you don't agree just mine and many others opinion. We will see what happens.

As I've previously posted, I'm one of those who felt the whole thing was odd. I don't have any proof nor have I had a concussion. It's just a gut feeling I had (still do) when it all unfolded.

I will say I don't believe the Colts or announcers said Collins had a concussion; just that he was "experiencing concussion-like symptoms".

Thanks for starting this post. I was thinking the same thing and commented on this in another post. Someone ask "How can you tell by looking at someone" Well for the most part, a person will look dazed, confused, stay on the ground for a short period of time, come out of the game immediately, have the trainers immediately look at you, begin test, and direct you to the locker room. In this case (LOL), sorry had to laugh, he gets hit, pops right up, argues with the ref, goes to the sideline, sits on the bench and looks very normal and 15 minutes later, goes to the locker room. I'm sorry but i dont buy a concussion but im glad he was taken out of the game.

Also, I was one of the people that was extremely critical of Waynes inital assesment of Kerry but now I'm beginning to think he was right all alone. Sorry Regie, Go Painter.

The concussion wasn't fishy.

Regarding Reggie, my opinion of him now is the same as it was when he initially made the comments - he's a leader on the team and acted like one takin up for his guy. Period. Where this all goes, who knows, but that's irrelevant to the point. From Painter's perspective, gotta be nice with Reggie having your back right now.