Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you rather the Colts won a Super Bowl or the Broncos?

I love Peyton and I love the Colts. While Peyton winning one with Denver wouldn't bother me too much, I kind of hope his only SB victory lies with us. That will just solidify the fact that when all is said and done, Peyton is a COLT.

To answer the question, when the AFCCG is Denver vs. Indy, I'll be rooting for us. 

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like he has a personal list of those he believes are faux Colts fans...

I bet he also thinks he is a bigger Colts fan than B. Even though he has been watching them since '58.

As for those who only want Peyton to be remembered as a Colt maybe you shouldn't have been so quick to kick him out of the door. :dunno:

As for those who only want Peyton to be remembered as a Colt maybe you shouldn't have been so quick to kick him out of the door. :dunno:

Since when did Colt's fans kick Peyton out the door?  Lets all be fair here instead of attacking each other over a thread that should have never been posted.

It's like he has a personal list of those he believes are faux Colts fans...

I bet he also thinks he is a bigger Colts fan than B. Even though he has been watching them since '58.

Who here had anything at all to do with that decision? The problem isn't that most people don't want to see Manning get another ring, most here just don't want it to come at the expense of the Colts. I don't have any problem with those that still root for Manning, but when somebody says they would root for Manning in a head to head contest against the Colts, then IMO that don't make you a Colts fan. Sorry, but thats just how I and many others see it.

Who here had anything at all to do with that decision? The problem isn't that most people don't want to see Manning get another ring, most here just don't want it to come at the expense of the Colts. I don't have any problem with those that still root for Manning, but when somebody says they would root for Manning in a head to head contest against the Colts, then IMO that don't make you a Colts fan. Sorry, but thats just how I and many others see it.

I was speaking for to those who said they hope he never wins in Denver. Even if the Colts aren't involved.

Since when did Colt's fans kick Peyton out the door?  Lets all be fair here instead of attacking each other over a thread that should have never been posted.

It's true it never should have been posted because these threads never end well. But I never pointed anyone out.

Not this subject again :wall:   Im just waiting for Brian to come on here.  Brian, Balzer and I had a good back and forth on this one in another topic.  I hope peyton wins another one, but as far as beating us to do it.... :yuk:   But i would feel bad.  Peyton was drafted when i was 15, a couple years after i started actually watching football.  Unfortunately, that year i could not watch any games, and the ones that i did watch we lost.  So most of my Colts fandom has been the Peyton era.  So there is mixed feelings there, :GoodBad:

Man, i literally Lol'd when i read that :thmup:

Qwizboy Idk if you count.  Your a Texans fan :hippie2:

Of course I count! I represent the neutron here haha

I can't speak for the "others"  you singled out here,  but as far as my posts.....  I have NEVER expressed that I would be happy for the Colts to lose....   Where is that coming from....???    To say that IF the Colts don't win,  I'd be happy for Peyton to have another ring is very different than saying I'd be happy if the Colts lost.    

Apologies Gramz, I thought we had a 'disagreement' about the same topic a while ago. I stand corrected. I was also trying to support those who had a different view, and it backfired. That'll teach me to be nice, especially to those Peyton loving.......*ducks*.....

Apologies Gramz, I thought we had a 'disagreement' about the same topic a while ago. I stand corrected. I was also trying to support those who had a different view, and it backfired. That'll teach me to be nice, especially to those Peyton loving.......*ducks*.....

haha I think we've had a "few" disagreements" on this subject, and came to an understanding of each other somewhere along the way. However, I may have "misinterpreted" what you were trying to say above in this thread.. :?: If so, my apology ..... You know my stance... and please, don't give up on trying to be nice, okay..??? ;) Edited by Gramz

So you're telling me that you are an American.....but telling it to me in Chinese. Interesting.

What I said was, "I think I want to stick a pencil in my eye", which  was a show of a bit of frustration at the thread and it's direction. Alas....the draft will be here soon, and then the real offseason weirdness will begin.

You posted in a foreign language.  I posted in a different foreign language.  Just having fun.  :)

I will never pull for Manning while he is in Denver because I don't want that * bag John Elway having any success for what he did to the Baltimore Colts back in '83. I can't stand that jerk.

As far as pulling for anyone other than the Colts is not permissible unless it will improve our team like it did 2 years ago. I was absolutely livid when we beat Houston on that Thursday night 2 years ago. If MN had not won that following Sunday we would have lost out on Luck. I was definitely pulling for Jax in our last game.

Lets see, Irsay or Elway ? I'll pass on this one.[

If you mean Irsay senior then I won't argue with you because if I lived in the city of Balimore I would never pull for the Colts again. However i am a Colts fan first with no allegiance to the city of Baltimore and Elway refusing to play for the Colts back in 83 rubbed me the wrong way

Me too....I should have said "cool" instead of "interesting". On line translators are too fun.

Yes they are.  I did spend a year in China and do speak a bit of Mandarin, although "wo shou de bu hao" (I speak poorly).  :)    Peace!

This thread deserves a parody thread, like "Would you rather the Colts won a Super Bowl or the Texans?"

I'd vote Texans, because you know Matt Schaub is getting older and he deserves a ring, and we have plenty of time to get rings later, and then there is that Arian Foster guy, going from UDFA to one of the best RB in the league. You gotta pull for him, ya know? Then there is that Watt fella. He is a class act, they all deserve rings.

I'd rather it be the Colts each and every year period. I love Peyton but he is part of another team now and that team will likely stand in our way to success until he leaves and probably some time after that. If we get knocked out by all means go P Money, until then I wish him the best but the Horseshoe always comes first.

Eh, you might want to reconsider characterizing others views as "ludicrous" but other than that I had no problems with your post. I have many "different" opinions and I'm quite proud to hold most of them. Frankly there are MANY posts in this thread that I consider to be ludicrous (not yours), but I don't see anything good coming from my detailing which. I am just SO sick of this topic and the comments from all sides. Utterly pointless to "get into it". My primary irritation comes from it being brought up AGAIN. I'm trying to figure out if the OP is simply blissfully unaware of the dozens of previous "debates", or if he is subtly, and intentionally, aggravating the living :cuss: out of all of us.

By the way, since I'm confident that you ARE nice, I find your efforts at  :tvhammer: ing people to be largely funny - as they are clearly intended. I wish that I could say the same about more people on here.

Eh, you might want to reconsider characterizing others views as "ludicrous" but other than that I had no problems with your post. I have many "different" opinions and I'm quite proud to hold most of them. Frankly there are MANY posts in this thread that I consider to be ludicrous (not yours), but I don't see anything good coming from my detailing which. I am just SO sick of this topic and the comments from all sides. Utterly pointless to "get into it". My primary irritation comes from it being brought up AGAIN. I'm trying to figure out if the OP is simply blissfully unaware of the dozens of previous "debates", or if he is subtly, and intentionally, aggravating the living :cuss: out of all of us.

By the way, since I'm confident that you ARE nice, I find your efforts at  :tvhammer: ing people to be largely funny - as they are clearly intended. I wish that I could say the same about more people on here.

Hey Mac, appreciate the post. Whilst I do think I am generally nice, and a lot of my posts are tongue in cheek, I do act like a fool as well. Ho-hum.

I'm sorry you took offense at the 'ludicrous' comment, but that is how I view fans actually accepting or even wanting their own 'team' to lose. And it's the view I find ludicrous, not the person holding that view. You know where my 'view' originates from as well, so perhaps you can give me a pass!

This thread deserves a parody thread, like "Would you rather the Colts won a Super Bowl or the Texans?"

I'd vote Texans, because you know Matt Schaub is getting older and he deserves a ring, and we have plenty of time to get rings later, and then there is that Arian Foster guy, going from UDFA to one of the best RB in the league. You gotta pull for him, ya know? Then there is that Watt fella. He is a class act, they all deserve rings.

lol