Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

nfln talk colts draft

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the good old days, an ex player would be on a broadcast team for a few years and then fade away.  Why can't Deion do this?  and take Sapp with him.  Deion is as shallow as the day is long and Sapp is legitimately going to kill somebody one day, ala O.J. Simpson. 

Back in the good old days, an ex player would be on a broadcast team for a few years and then fade away.  Why can't Deion do this?  and take Sapp with him.  Deion is as shallow as the day is long and Sapp is legitimately going to kill somebody one day, ala O.J. Simpson. 

They can take Mooch with them too

I just don't want him on this team at all! And he doesn't even fit our 3-4 Defense. Might as well keep Angerer if we're gonna draft him. I do believe ND ran a 4-3 on defense (could be wrong). So why take a 4-3 LB & put him in a 3-4?

Nd runs a 3-4

Well Sturgis is pretty good. But yeah, Vinny is getting to that retirement point

Yep I agree I love wat he has done for sure but he is getting up there and starting to miss some of the easier kicks Strugis looks pretty good would like to see us grab a WR OG and K for sure

Wow! This thread got derailed into a Manti thread quickly.

Back to the other topics of the episode:

I believe that ESPN showed good insight to make Aubrayo the starting nose tackle; however, they didn’t even have Chapman on the depth chart. I do believe that Aubrayo will win the starting position in training camp, because of his experience. Nevertheless, we will likely see a lot of rotation and Chapman will get to play plenty enough.

I also noticed how they moved Walden to WS and kept Mathis at SS. That showed some lack of preparation of the show, as it is more likely that we keep Walden at SS and move Mathis to WS. That said; we don’t know for sure what the starting lineup will be. If this offseason is like most of the past camps then someone will emerge in training camp and surprise us.

Right now I believe that we are looking at WR, OG, and RB with the first pick. I know that RB is not a popular opinion, but that is why it is my opinion, and no one else has to agree. I think the reason some people are scared to agree is because we are more likely to take a WR or OG at this point, and may never even know if a RB such as Lacy was ever on our radar. So let’s save the time of arguing the point and agree to disagree.

I believe that ESPN showed good insight to make Aubrayo the starting nose tackle; however, they didn’t even have Chapman on the depth chart. I do believe that Aubrayo will win the starting position in training camp, because of his experience. Nevertheless, we will likely see a lot of rotation and Chapman will get to play plenty enough.

I also noticed how they moved Walden to WS and kept Mathis at SS. That showed some lack of preparation of the show, as it is more likely that we keep Walden at SS and move Mathis to WS. That said; we don’t know for sure what the starting lineup will be. If this offseason is like most of the past camps then someone will emerge in training camp and surprise us.

Right now I believe that we are looking at WR, OG, and RB with the first pick. I know that RB is not a popular opinion, but that is why it is my opinion, and no one else has to agree. I think the reason some people are scared to agree is because we are more likely to take a WR or OG at this point, and may never even know if a RB such as Lacy was ever on our radar. So let’s save the time of arguing the point and agree to disagree.

I want WR more but I wouldn't mind a RB I would love to have a better run game for sure haven't had one for awhile

I want WR more but I wouldn't mind a RB I would love to have a better run game for sure haven't had one for awhile

the run game will be fine with an upgraded oline. the second half against the Texans was the best we have run the ball in a long time

the run game will be fine with an upgraded oline. the second half against the Texans was the best we have run the ball in a long time

That is true, as long as Ballard does not go down. Brown can’t stay healthy, and there isn’t enough stickum in the league to help Carter’s fumbling issues.

We do need another dependable back, and contrary to what so many people on this board believe, teams do not magically find good RBs in the later rounds. Teams have and can find good RBs after the first few rounds, but more than likely a team will not.

All three RBs taken in the first round last year were standout RBs. You can find a few on the list after the first few rounds, including Ballard, that made a difference for a team in year one.

3             Trent Richardson              Browns

31           Doug Martin       Buccaneers

32           David Wilson      Giants

50           Isaiah Pead         Rams

61           LaMichael James              49ers

67           Ronnie Hillman  Broncos

84           Bernard Pierce  Ravens

97           Lamar Miller       Dolphins

106         Robert Turbin    Seahawks

128         Rhett Ellison       Vikings

157         Bradie Ewing      Falcons

159         Chris Rainey       Steelers

170         Vick Ballard         Colts

173         Alfred Morris     Redskins

182         Cyrus Gray          Chiefs

191         Dan Herron         Bengals

202         Terrance Ganaway          Jets

212         Michael Smith   Buccaneers

229         Bryce Brown      Eagles

250         Edwin Baker       Chargers

252         Daryl Richardson              Rams

That is true, as long as Ballard does not go down. Brown can’t stay healthy, and there isn’t enough stickum in the league to help Carter’s fumbling issues.

We do need another dependable back, and contrary to what so many people on this board believe, teams do not magically find good RBs in the later rounds. Teams have and can find good RBs after the first few rounds, but more than likely a team will not.

All three RBs taken in the first round last year were standout RBs. You can find a few on the list after the first few rounds, including Ballard, that made a difference for a team in year one.

3             Trent Richardson              Browns

31           Doug Martin       Buccaneers

32           David Wilson      Giants

50           Isaiah Pead         Rams

61           LaMichael James              49ers

67           Ronnie Hillman  Broncos

84           Bernard Pierce  Ravens

97           Lamar Miller       Dolphins

106         Robert Turbin    Seahawks

128         Rhett Ellison       Vikings

157         Bradie Ewing      Falcons

159         Chris Rainey       Steelers

170         Vick Ballard         Colts

173         Alfred Morris     Redskins

182         Cyrus Gray          Chiefs

191         Dan Herron         Bengals

202         Terrance Ganaway          Jets

212         Michael Smith   Buccaneers

229         Bryce Brown      Eagles

250         Edwin Baker       Chargers

252         Daryl Richardson              Rams

16 of those guys are backups though. Only 4 are starters.

3 Trent Richardson Browns

31 Doug Martin Buccaneers

32 David Wilson Giants

50 Isaiah Pead Rams

61 LaMichael James 49ers

67 Ronnie Hillman Broncos

84 Bernard Pierce Ravens

97 Lamar Miller Dolphins

106 Robert Turbin Seahawks

128 Rhett Ellison Vikings

157 Bradie Ewing Falcons

159 Chris Rainey Steelers

170 Vick Ballard Colts

173 Alfred Morris Redskins

182 Cyrus Gray Chiefs

191 Dan Herron Bengals

202 Terrance Ganaway Jets

212 Michael Smith Buccaneers

229 Bryce Brown Eagles

250 Edwin Baker Chargers

252 Daryl Richardson Rams

The only one that stood out was Doug Martin....and Morris

Angerer ran 4.71 also, Toe 4.75... and Pat did 26 reps. Had 36 more total tackles than Teo his Sr year. Forced 2 fumbles, Teo ZERO. And had 6 INT's his Jr and Sr year, Teo had 7 his Jr and Sr year.

Angerer was more productive and is arguably a better all around athlete than Teo. Their workout numbers are nearly identical. As is production, only difference one played at Iowa.. and one played at Notre Dame.

teo had seven picks in his senior year

Sanders,Sapp, & Irvin get on my nerves alot...

They can take Mooch with them too

Mooch was a Colts homer this past year, he got choked up every time the Colts & Pagano came up...

Dont think youre that crazy on the RB aspect, I dont neccessarily think the Colts will draft a RB at the 24th spot, but nothing would surprise me...

Grigs set things up in FA so that the draft is pretty wide open...

But all the fans that think drafting a RB is crazy may be surprised come draft time...

You are not getting what I am talking about. Don't be one of those hard headed posters that only see what you want to see. HE ADMITTED TO CRACKING UNDER PRESSURE, NOT ONCE, BUT TWICE. That is the point. I don't care what he done at the combine. I heard him with my own ears during a press conference saying he couldn't deal with the stress.

Once again , last night, the guys on the NFL network, the people who actually have an idea what they are talking about, and have worked in the league, reiterated Teo's workouts have been fine and he should be a solid pro. Don't mean we need him, or I want him . You got to be kidding calling me hardheaded when you are the one not listening except to  your bias. Quoting second rate websites and giving examples of one bad game tells me you are the one who will not listen . All I'm saying is, if you don't like the cat personally just say so, but giving lame examples from lame sources don't validate your hate . Get it.

Right. Teo had a more accomplished college career, is a more highly regarded prospect, and by virtue of a possible first round grade should be a better player than Pat. Not that Pat is bad,  but our LB's are pretty average.

teo had seven picks in his senior year

Trent Richardson was good but he was on a really bad team

Yeah he was very good, but already hes showing signs of fragility. That's not a good sign for the Browns at his age. He did a lot of platooning at Rb at Bama and might not be a guy who can carry the ball regularly.

Once again , last night, the guys on the NFL network, the people who actually have an idea what they are talking about, and have worked in the league, reiterated Teo's workouts have been fine and he should be a solid pro. Don't mean we need him, or I want him . You got to be kidding calling me hardheaded when you are the one not listening except to  your bias. Quoting second rate websites and giving examples of one bad game tells me you are the one who will not listen . All I'm saying is, if you don't like the cat personally just say so, but giving lame examples from lame sources don't validate your hate . Get it.

I have said I don't like him, I've said it repeatedly and made no secret about it. You can call them 2nd rate sources if you want but it's nothing more than an attempt to disagree with what the experts have said. He admitted to letting stress and pressure affect his performance. It's not debatable, it happened and just because you refuse to accept that don't mean it didn't happen. Anyway, I'm done with the discussion, you can keep being delusional if you choose.

Yeah he was very good, but already hes showing signs of fragility. That's not a good sign for the Browns at his age. He did a lot of platooning at Rb at Bama and might not be a guy who can carry the ball regularly.

While 11 TD are nice, 3.6 ypc and 3 fumbles isn't exactly lighting it up.

Dont think youre that crazy on the RB aspect, I dont neccessarily think the Colts will draft a RB at the 24th spot, but nothing would surprise me...

Grigs set things up in FA so that the draft is pretty wide open...

But all the fans that think drafting a RB is crazy may be surprised come draft time...

So:  WR: Allen, Hopkins...

RB: Lacy...Giovani Bernard...

OL: Fluker, Cooper, Warford, Jones...

If RB, then a G is absolutely needed in the third (Winters, Schwenke, Pugh?)

The absolute best pick we can make at 24 is Margus Hunt ...I know he is 26 but it is not the normal 26 as he only has 3 years playing football under his belt. I've watched a ton of film on him and the more I watch the more I see J.J. Watt, and it may take a year to develop, but he will still be able to contribute immediately. Players of his physical caliber come around very rarely and the fact that he is raw could be a blessing as our coaches can develop him for their system and he won't have the bad habits to break. You don't pass up on J.J. Watt!

If you can trade up in the 2nd and draft Lacy you do it....If not they can pick up a burner like Kenjon Barner or a multi-purpose back like Maysonet in later rounds....I still have hope they will pick up DHB as I think he will be successful in the West Coast offense predicated on short passes and yards after catch...I like are young receivers we have in the stable anyways, I think Whalen has Joe Jurevicious type potential and Hilton and Brazil could be great as they develop. If Iljilana is healthy this year that could solve the problem at guard and they will probably sign or draft another to be safe...I haven't given up on Ben Iljilana yet, he was a 2nd round pick for a reason...