Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

nfln talk colts draft

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

manti te'o would be best at the jets or the raiders since thats where the losers/has beens or wannabe's end up which is y those teams are never any good! pretty sad when colts fans wanna see us draft an over rated below average d--che bag!

because you know him and his personality. gotta love internet tough guys. i would love to see you say this to his face

I'm hardly a Notre Dame fan, but I think he is a solid prospect.   I see a lot of angst on here about the possibility but I see very little actual explanation for it. Because he didn't run a blazing speed? The girlfriend fiasco?

A few reasons why T'eo isn't a great prospect. Football wise, his lack of speed means he won't be able cover TEs and RBs out of the backfield on 3rd down. He also isn't a pass rusher. Therefore he isn't really a capable 3-down LB in the NFL.

Secondly, with his completely horrendous performance in the title game, everyone is questioning his ability to tackle legit NFL RB, shed legit NFL blockers and play top level football against top level competition. Because let's be honest, as fantastic a college team as Alabama is, they would still get beaten down by the Kansas City chiefs, the team with the #1 pick. So if T'eo couldn't play in the title game, how can he be expected to be a big time player at the NFL level? Was it just a bad game? Or does it simply mean more than that?

Thirdly, a big thing for T'eo was his intangibles. Well all this nonsense with Lenny Kekua and faking the death of his GF in order to spike his Heisman Hype completely decimats any belief in his intangibles. Therefore his value is in no way lower than it could possibly be right now. No NFL player is going to look at T'eo for years and think he's the guy they want leading them.

As FA's as the angst of the general public goes, that's related to the faked GF crap. The angst in NFL circles is for the reasons I mentioned above.

Is he a 'solid' prospect as you suggested, sure, the guy played football at a high level for years at a top program. But is he an 'elite' prospect worthy of a 1st round pick? Good lord no. Might he still be taken in the first round? Maybe, but my guess is he goes day 2 of the draft in the 2-3 round, where the 'solid' to 'great' prospects go.

manti te'o  would be best at the jets or the raiders since thats where the losers/has beens or wannabe's end up which is y those teams are never any good! pretty sad when colts fans wanna see us draft an over rated below average d--che bag!

I take offense to that. Just two years ago we were at the top of the league. We can't all be stupid lucky like the colts who happen to suck at just the right time so that they can draft 3 of the top 5 QB prospects of all-time (Elway, Manning and Luck). We all know that the only way to have consistent success in the NFL is to get your hands on an elite QB, somehow someway. Indy has had that for every season (except for Manning injury year) since 1998. The Jets haven't had elite QB play since the 1998 season when Vinny Testaverde took us to the doorstep, only to lose to that Elway guy you traded away...

A few reasons why T'eo isn't a great prospect. Football wise, his lack of speed means he won't be able cover TEs and RBs out of the backfield on 3rd down. He also isn't a pass rusher. Therefore he isn't really a capable 3-down LB in the NFL.

Secondly, with his completely horrendous performance in the title game, everyone is questioning his ability to tackle legit NFL RB, shed legit NFL blockers and play top level football against top level competition. Because let's be honest, as fantastic a college team as Alabama is, they would still get beaten down by the Kansas City chiefs, the team with the #1 pick. So if T'eo couldn't play in the title game, how can he be expected to be a big time player at the NFL level? Was it just a bad game? Or does it simply mean more than that?

Thirdly, a big thing for T'eo was his intangibles. Well all this * with Lenny Kekua and faking the death of his GF in order to spike his Heisman Hype completely decimats any belief in his intangibles. Therefore his value is in no way lower than it could possibly be right now. No NFL player is going to look at T'eo for years and think he's the guy they want leading them.

As FA's as the angst of the general public goes, that's related to the faked GF crap. The angst in NFL circles is for the reasons I mentioned above.

Is he a 'solid' prospect as you suggested, sure, the guy played football at a high level for years at a top program. But is he an 'elite' prospect worthy of a 1st round pick? Good lord no. Might he still be taken in the first round? Maybe, but my guess is he goes day 2 of the draft in the 2-3 round, where the 'solid' to 'great' prospects go.

Several things

1.Do you really think the vast majority of players in ANY given locker room have any room to talk when it comes to supposed off field issues

2.Faking the death of a supposed GF? Way off on this one

3.Lets say just for a second 10 tackles vs Alabama in the title game was bad, What about the Navy game in which he had 6? Or Wake Forest where he had 6? Or Boston College where he had 5? By those standards Teo had a very good game vs what was the best overall O Line in football

Several things

1.Do you really think the vast majority of players in ANY given locker room have any room to talk when it comes to supposed off field issues

2.Faking the death of a supposed GF? Way off on this one

3.Lets say just for a second 10 tackles vs Alabama in the title game was bad, What about the Navy game in which he had 6? Or Wake Forest where he had 6? Or Boston College where he had 5? By those standards Teo had a very good game vs what was the best overall O Line in football

I would bet that NFL players don't know about 85% of the guys getting in trouble off the field (league-wide) and for what. Simply because its not publicized very well. That isn't true with T'eo's incident. It also is very different form of transgression, from being caught with an illegal firearm, or whatever other random incident. In that this relates directly to football. T'eo at the very least used the GF story to his own advantage, and that just won't sit well with guys in the locker room. Especially when you consider normal everyday people think of him as a bigger * than a guy like Alec Ogletree who has legitimate illegal activities on his record.

Well that's my opinion, I think he knew about it at some point, and decided to ride out the wave of media attention spinning it his advantage even if it wasn't his idea from the beginning.

Yes he made 10 tackles, how many did he miss? How many times did he get swallowed up by Alabama OL? How many times did Eddie Lacy or T.J. held on run straight through his gap for a big gain before he dragged them down 7+ yards downfield?

I don't know the answers because I don't have the game tape to go see. But from memory, he did not have a good game, and he missed countless tackles.

You brought up low-tackle performances, well how much did he play in those games? Did he miss tackles, did he get swallowed up by OL? Did the opposition have the guts to run through his gap, or did they run away from him?

Again IDK, but what I do know, is that T'eo played excellent football on the whole throughout the year, before the title game.

One thing to remember about football, particularly with defenders and especially when discussing tackles, stats never tell the whole story, there is so much more involved in determining how a player played.

As always, it's merely my opinion and nothing more.