Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

nfln talk colts draft

Maybe he figured it out and didn't want the press all over it and bringing him and his team a lot of negative press and distraction during the season. That's what I would have done. He's definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed, but is that really a reason to not take a player when he is a great ball player?

Yeah I don't care about the 40 time. I may still be pretty * about how he disappeared in the bama game but so did the whole team and D. Am disappointed in the catfish stuff but I'm no angel either and I turned out alright. Had to go through way more growing pains than a silly catfish scam.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just don't want to use our first rounder on him. If you would have asked me during the season I would have LOVED to been a me to get Teo. Aside from the bama game he was pretty dang good. Always seemed to make plays when they needed him to. He just needs to get his head on straight and go forward.

I wouldn't take him in the first either, we have way more important holes to fill. And from every interview I've seen, he seems like he's working really hard and just wants it to be behind him

Not going to act like I know what happened. But I think it's more than he got (catfished) with today's technology how can you really? Face time, Skype, pics, etc....have to be pretty dumb to fall for that crap

I think it has been proven that players don't need a high IQ to succeed in the NFL. Not that I think Te'o is dumb....just incredibly naive.

Yeah I don't care about the 40 time. I may still be pretty ticked about how he disappeared in the bama game but so did the whole team and D. Am disappointed in the catfish stuff but I'm no angel either and I turned out alright. Had to go through way more growing pains than a silly catfish scam.

Yeah, I kinda shrugged it off when I heard about the 40 time, because he plays a lot faster than 4.8. I'm a big believer in "game speed" rather than 40 times

wrong my friend. ND runs a 3/4 and he started out at the sam lber then moved to inside. And for those who wanna keep angerer are going to be very dissappointed with his play this year. Hes a tampa two lber and doesnt fit here at all. He also is very poor in coverage while teo excels in coverage. I would be ecstatic if we draft him!

Let's think this through.  Manti's success while covering in space was against college kids...many of the slower slot receivers, not against NFL pro's who are much faster, run better routes, and know how to sit in holes created when outside receivers take the top off a defense.  Manti's combine already put doubt in a lot of people's minds that he has the speed to cover wideouts.  His performance against Alabama in the championship game also raised flags about his ability to stop the run against elite competition.  I think with our 1st round we should either go BPA which I don't think will be Teo or we trade back to get a 2 and another 3 or 4.  

All I know is that I know nothing.   The draft publications are mostly wrong.  The "experts" are wrong.   We have conversations in this forum about who the Colts should sign in free agency as if it is a done deal, and then they don't sign any of them.  So we can say the Colts are going to draft a WR or a LB with the first pick, but for all we know, they pick another DB.  Or a RB.  Or really any position on the team other than QB with their first pick.

I am always reminded a few years ago when the draft publications had Pat Angerer as a 3-5 round pick.  When Polian grabbed him in the 2nd, some people said Polian reached.  Because the draft publication must have been right!   Obviously, Angerer is a far better LB then what was projected when he is healthy.  So when someone on here says "We are definitely drafting xxxx", really, do we know?  Isn't that more a speculation rather than stating it as a fact??  Who would have guessed we would have went mostly offense last year.  Grigson was ripped for that after the draft, but it worked out fine.

So who knows!??!!  That said, drafting Te'o would make me sick.

I am sure BPA will not be Teo when the Colts pick first.    Even if it they do move back into the second.    Someone compared him to Angerer earlier and that is a very good comparison.     Had Teo played at Purdue he would be considered a late 2 to 3rd round type.    Just like Angerer.

Angerer ran 4.71 also, Toe 4.75...     and Pat did 26 reps.      Had 36 more total tackles than Teo his Sr year.    Forced 2 fumbles, Teo ZERO.   And had 6 INT's his Jr and Sr year,  Teo had 7 his Jr and Sr year.

Angerer was more productive and is arguably a better all around athlete than Teo.   Their workout numbers are nearly identical.  As is production, only difference one played at Iowa..   and one played at Notre Dame.

wrong my friend. ND runs a 3/4 and he started out at the sam lber then moved to inside. And for those who wanna keep angerer are going to be very dissappointed with his play this year. Hes a tampa two lber and doesnt fit here at all. He also is very poor in coverage while teo excels in coverage. I would be ecstatic if we draft him!

getting Te'o would be a terrible decision. while Te'o is an outstanding player, we do not need an inside linebacker. We have 3 solid ILBs who are pretty damn good. the most glaring needs we have are at RG, #2 WR, and ROLB.

I couldn't stand the fake girlfriend thing and think he was either in on it the whole time or he is a really dumb individual, but the thing I don't like about him the most is that he has admitted to folding under pressure twice. Once in the national championship game and then at the combine. I want players that thrive under pressure, not cave to it.

you did not like Peyton Manning? Same thing to tell you the truth (As blasphemus as that is to say). People have bad games and I'd personally like if someone said they had a bad (Although 10 tackles is far from a bad game)

you did not like Peyton Manning? Same thing to tell you the truth (As blasphemus as that is to say). People have bad games and I'd personally like if someone said they had a bad (Although 10 tackles is far from a bad game)

Tackles are a horrible way to judge lienbacker play. He probably missed just as many.

Tackles are a horrible way to judge lienbacker play. He probably missed just as many.

Probably missed around that, Im not saying he had a great game but several seem to be throwing out that he made plenty of plays in that game to

Wrong sir. He performed much worse than anybody expected at the combine. Where have you been? They made a huge deal out of it everywhere and then he admitted at a press conference that he couldn't deal with the stress and let it get to him. He also admitted that about the NC game. He folds under pressure and admits it himself.

This is TOTAL %$^& *&^%$!

Now who in their right mind would want a player with all those awards?

That still doesn't change the fact that MLB/ILB is not a need for us.

I don't know what Manning has to do with Te'o. Manning may or may not have folded under pressure during the playoffs, but at least he never admitted it if he did. 

If we keep our first rounder...I think we would have to be targeting bpa...and most likely a WR or OG that could step in and start. Outside those two positions I don't think we have another position on the team that necessarily needs an imediate starter to step in. I mean I think we need depth at OLB, ILB, CB, and C but OG and WR we need a starter imo.

Nailed it.

Yeah I don't care about the 40 time. I may still be pretty ticked about how he disappeared in the bama game but so did the whole team and D. Am disappointed in the catfish stuff but I'm no angel either and I turned out alright. Had to go through way more growing pains than a silly catfish scam.

Notre Dame didn't "disappear" in the BCS championship. They were all on the field, they just all got ran through & dismantled in the process.

But Te'o was definitely taken completely out of the game

1st - WR Deandre Hopkins 3rd - OG Travis Frederick 4th - OLB Trevado Williams 6th - NT Kwame Geathers. Those are my picks. BPA for the 7th. As much as I want a CB I think we can make do with our CBs this year. If we can avoid the injury bug at least. I don't want to see Vaughn on the field that much this season.

1st - WR Deandre Hopkins 3rd - OG Travis Frederick 4th - OLB Trevado Williams 6th - NT Kwame Geathers. Those are my picks. BPA for the 7th. As much as I want a CB I think we can make do with our CBs this year. If we can avoid the injury bug at least. I don't want to see Vaughn on the field that much this season.

I don't even wanna see Vaughn's name on the roster this year