Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ESPN: Colts Pre-Draft Power Rankings

B-B

Avril and Michael Bennett also, quality pass rushers to compliment the best secondary in football. They are most certainly my number one as well.

Sure that defense is very good, but I still think there are better offenses in the league, which also have good defenses, i.e. more complete teams. But I still see the Seahawks being up there, possibly top five though.

Little surprised at the mainstream media projecting us that high. I would have thought Giants and Bears get in ahead of us.

I think the 10-13 mark is pretty accurate for us right now though.

I think the self-implosion of the Giants and their inability to win when they needed to is still fresh on people's minds...lol

I think the self-implosion of the Giants and their inability to win when they needed to is still fresh on people's minds...lol

Yeah but it's still a very good roster. Power rankings are not meant to be based on form as such but who would win on a one-off encounter based on roster/coaching strength.

I think the Giants will be back strong next year.

Sure that defense is very good, but I still think there are better offenses in the league, which also have good defenses, i.e. more complete teams. But I still see the Seahawks being up there, possibly top five though.

I would argue that their strength is that they are far and away the most complete team in football, with their closest competitors being the 49'ers, who have a pretty glaring weakness in their secondary, especially with the loss of Gholdson.

Seattle have added tremendously to their front-7 with the acquisition of Bennett and Avril, two great pass-rushers that would start on any team in the league. With Chris Clemmons coming back from injury, and Bruce Irvin there as well, you are looking at quality pass-rushers coming from everywhere. Then you have that secondary that is just unbelievably good.

Offensively, Russel Wilson is just a great young quarterback that will be the franchise guy for a long time... you had pretty decent wide-outs in Rice and Tate and now you have a superstar in Harvin who is as dynamic as they come. Then you have a top-3 running game, coupled with a great o-line.... there is no weakness in that team. I also believe in terms of pure versatility and the different things they can do with the playbook, Seahawks offense can't be matched by anyone because of the playmakers they have all over the field.

I genuinely believe this team (on paper) is the most complete NFL team I have seen in a long time.

I would argue that their strength is that they are far and away the most complete team in football, with their closest competitors being the 49'ers, who have a pretty glaring weakness in their secondary, especially with the loss of Gholdson.

Seattle have added tremendously to their front-7 with the acquisition of Bennett and Avril, two great pass-rushers that would start on any team in the league. With Chris Clemmons coming back from injury, and Bruce Irvin there as well, you are looking at quality pass-rushers coming from everywhere. Then you have that secondary that is just unbelievably good.

Offensively, Russel Wilson is just a great young quarterback that will be the franchise guy for a long time... you had pretty decent wide-outs in Rice and Tate and now you have a superstar in Harvin who is as dynamic as they come. Then you have a top-3 running game, coupled with a great o-line.... there is no weakness in that team. I also believe in terms of pure versatility and the different things they can do with the playbook, Seahawks offense can't be matched by anyone because of the playmakers they have all over the field.

I genuinely believe this team (on paper) is the most complete NFL team I have seen in a long time.

I would still put the 49ers and Falcons ahead of them in the NFC. Possibly the Packers, though I'm a little iffy on them at this point. Maybe even the Redskins with their young QB starting as well. Yes Wilson is good and I think he will be for a long time. On paper they are good but again, so were the Detroit Lions defense (particularly D-line) a little while ago, and they had an explosive receiver and promising young quarterback as well. I still wouldn't put them on top, but they are getting there. I wouldn't pick them to win the big one this year. Not yet.

I agree. I think some people aren't seeing the losses that San Fran has had this offseason. They are a weaker team now than they were a couple months ago. Meanwhile Seattle has gotten much better and on paper look crazy good. Right now thats all people can base their opinions on.

I agree. I think some people aren't seeing the losses that San Fran has had this offseason. They are a weaker team now than they were a couple months ago. Meanwhile Seattle has gotten much better and on paper look crazy good. Right now thats all people can base their opinions on.

They still have both Smiths, Bowman, Willis, Kaepernick, Gore, and now Boldin...I don't see what major losses they had. I mean they gave up their back-up QB and one of their safeties....I don't see how they're weaker. They still have Harbaugh at the helm too, that's always going to keep them competitive.

They still have both Smiths, Bowman, Willis, Kaepernick, Gore, and now Boldin...I don't see what major losses they had. I mean they gave up their back-up QB and one of their safeties....I don't see how they're weaker. They still have Harbaugh at the helm too, that's always going to keep them competitive.

I was thinking they lost another part of their secondary too, but I could be wrong. Goldson was a huge loss for them IMO. He was their QB on defense. I still really like San Fran because I think Harbaugh is a great coach, but right now, I think Seattle is better(on paper). 

This is basically "who looks good on paper" power ranking. I think Seattle should be #1. Sf lost a few people while Seattle looks tough.

And putting us in the top 10 shows how good our signings are. And I bet this is without the signing of Franklin too.

I was thinking they lost another part of their secondary too, but I could be wrong. Goldson was a huge loss for them IMO. He was their QB on defense. I still really like San Fran because I think Harbaugh is a great coach, but right now, I think Seattle is better(on paper). 

I know you know what I'm about to say....   but still...

In about 6 weeks,  when SF is done with the draft and their 14 (or is it 1400?) draft picks,  I think the view of the 49ers and the Seahawks might be a little different....

Expectations.....       Pressure... 

Russell Wilson will not have the advantage of anonymity this upcoming season. 

I am really anxious to see how Luck, Griff, and Wilson all handle the "expectations" of a brand new NFL season,

It's always a lot easier when the spotlight isn't on you...       

Avril and Bennet as well. I assume that helps a little as well.

I think the Seahawks are legitmately #1.

They should've beaten the Falcons last year (yes I'm aware they didn't) but they are the most well rounded team in the NFL and they are pretty young still.

Why should they have beaten them? ATL marched down the field in 30 seconds to win the game....

If Griffin doesn't get hurt the Seahawks might have been out first round

OL upgrades and the fact Indy has a STUD QB.....      there you go..

look at all the teams in this projection....   I think Luck is getting this much respect.  

Sprinkle in some D and.....      let her rip...  :goodluck:

Little surprised at the mainstream media projecting us that high. I would have thought Giants and Bears get in ahead of us.

OL upgrades and the fact Indy has a STUD QB.....      there you go..

look at all the teams in this projection....   I think Luck is getting this much respect.  

Sprinkle in some D and.....      let her rip...  :goodluck:

I guess I expected a little more nervousness regarding the change in offensive mentality, given that Hamilton is pretty unproven.

We should be a better team next year, but we will also have a harder schedule, so I think 10 wins would be a good number to strive for.

I agree with the W projection...

But Pep Hamilton was Stanford's old OC...    I think this will work very well.....    

Luck is mobile, and that is what this O demands from a QB...       lots of boots, waggles, and play action ...   it will be fun to watch..

I guess I expected a little more nervousness regarding the change in offensive mentality, given that Hamilton is pretty unproven.

We should be a better team next year, but we will also have a harder schedule, so I think 10 wins would be a good number to strive for.

Arians O was a high risk / high reward O....  

What indy is heading for is a power running O.    That will take plenty of shots down field.

Regardless...    I am just happy Luck will not get killed this season...    Arians is really a very "LUCKY" man in a lot of ways.

they dropped us from 7th.. which is where espn had us at the end of the season..... no respect i tell ya...

They had Houston at 9 and us at seven... the only thing that has changed is that we added players and they didn't.... I think its about right, but still.... why the switch?

The Bears, I don't think so.

The Bears, I don't think so.

Significant off-season upgrade on their o-line where their main problems occurred last season, similar to us.

I don't think they are a better team either, I just expected mainstream media to consider them better.

They are actually listed ahead of us in Elliot Harrison's Power Rankings on nfl.com, as are the Giants and Redskins. We are no.13 there.

Why should they have beaten them? ATL marched down the field in 30 seconds to win the game....

If Griffin doesn't get hurt the Seahawks might have been out first round

If Pete Carroll doesn't call the T.O. at the end when ATL went for a FG, they win. Plus I remember Seattle going for a TD instead of a FG before the half and din't make it. The game was less than a FG in points difference at the end.

P.S.  The Redskins weren't going to beat Seattle with RG3 either.

I think we're better then the Texans and the Ravens.  

Probably not quite as good as the Bears and the Saints though.  Especially the Saints.  With Sean Payton back they will be back to competing for a SB.

Well we're better than the Bears and Saints, and the Ravens, so.... :thmup: