Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Era vs Manning Era

Dark Superman

Peyton had that game won twice. The defense gave up two 80 yard Hail Mary plays to lose it... His coach also did him no favors...

He also had three TOs that resulted in 17 points which contributed to the loss. And Manning said he agreed with Fox to kneel down at the end of the game...

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peyton had that game won twice. The defense gave up two 80 yard Hail Mary plays to lose it... His coach also did him no favors...

I'm sure 'ol Welker will round out Peyton's offense quite well. I expect to see a very similar offense in Denver as we had installed circa 2004. 

Ok, then we agree. Everything when you boil it down comes down to the team so we are still left with the judging stick. Personally, I think playoff wins and SB wins count waay more than divisional titles or league MVPs...interested in what others think.

Well said I totally agree  playoff wins & Superbowls are what really counts ..

ku-medium.jpg

This banner & a dollar might buy ya a cup of coffee . I believe if this was a Colts Banner you might find it as funny as I do IMO ..

For the record just getting to the Superbowl is'nt good enough & neither was 18-1  When it really matters the Patriots have folded exactly like past Colts teams .Something that Patriot fans have hammered on for years .  When you put all your eggs in the Brady basket the rest of the team suffered IMO . 

ku-medium.jpg

This banner & a dollar might buy ya a cup of coffee . I believe if this was a Colts Banner you might find it as funny as I do IMO ..

For the record just getting to the Superbowl is'nt good enough & neither was 18-1  When it really matters the Patriots have folded exactly like past Colts teams .Something that Patriot fans have hammered on for years .  When you put all your eggs in the Brady basket the rest of the team suffered IMO . 

LOL. Given the Pats did something no other team in the history of football every did since the inception of the 16 game season, I think you can understand why they have the banner. But I don't particuarly like it either as it is a constant reminder that the season that was so perfect for 18 games did not end perfectly.

In terms of your other point on Brady, the Pats have NEVER built their team around Brady or put their eggs in the Brady basket as you say. What they have done the last few seasons is completely rebuilt their defense. Belichick coached the youngest defense in the NFL last year. I believe it was Michael Lombardi that said typically when a team goes through a rebuilding process like the Pats, they win about 3-4 games a year. The fact that the Pats have won an average of 12-13 games a year is a testament to Brady and the moves the Pats have made as a team.

The Colts failed primarily because their philiosophy of building the team around Manning was flawed and Manning more often than not was not able to peform to the same level in the playoffs as the regular season. The Pats have failed primarily because their defense has not been good enough to hold two leads with minutes to play in the last two Super Bowls and in the process have made people think Eli is a good QB and better than his big bro in the post-season. *sigh*

In addition, Belichick has failed to put the right players in the secondary. He has never found an adequate replacement for Asante Samuels or Rodney Harrison which has led the Pats passing D to be the worst in the league the last few seasons. In a league that is based on the passing game that will never cut it which is why I am psyched they resigned Talib and got Wilson and are most likely going to sign a vet pass rusher as well. Unlike most of Pats nation and many posters up here, I could care less about who plays slot as the Pats have had the number 1, 2, or 3 ranked offenese the last several seasons. Brady makes it work with anyone which is why he is the best to ever play and more often than not makes Belichick look much better than he really is as a GM.

Will this thread never end since it has gotten off track :topic: again. This is about Luck Era vs Manning Era so could we please leave Brady out of it. :sigh:  If your so insistent on talking Brady maybe taking it to the Patriots Forum would fit your agenda better. :thmup:   You have kind of rammed Brady down our throats lately and I for one am tired of hearing about Tom terrific. :)

ku-medium.jpg

I simply cannot justify mocking a 16-0 season. That Pats squad was perhaps the most dominant team in NFL history. Ruthless, no-mercy, razor-like execution. 

1 incredible drive by a tough-as-nails NYG squad is all that stopped them from becoming the undisputed greatest team of all time. 

Banner worthy....indeed. 

You may want to scold your fellow Colts posters as I am not posting up here alone. :-) And I have posted a ton about Luck and Manning if you read the thread. Brady is brought up more often than not by the other posters, I am just responding.

Will this thread never end since it has gotten off track :topic: again. This is about Luck Era vs Manning Era so could we please leave Brady out of it. :sigh:  If your so insistent on talking Brady maybe taking it to the Patriots Forum would fit your agenda better. :thmup:   You have kind of rammed Brady down our throats lately and I for one am tired of hearing about Tom terrific. :)

haha Susie,  like it or not,  Brady is certainly "part" of the "Manning era"......  but I know what you mean and agree.  It's gets old that certain people try to turn EVERY thread "into" a thread about Tom Brady.    Enough is enough....!!!!

You may want to scold your fellow Colts posters as I am not posting up here alone. :-) And I have posted a ton about Luck and Manning if you read the thread. Brady is brought up more often than not by the other posters, I am just responding.

Well all I can say is I'm glad that there is an ignore feature that can be used for posters that your tired of reading their post. :thmup:

Nobody really cares what you think. You showed your knowledge of the game when you stated RG3 coud read a defense better than Luck. He is so far behind Luck that even Shanahan would laugh at that one.

I don't think that is what I said. Although I see no evidence from Luck that he can read defenses at all. I think I was comparing him to Manning that way. RGIII was a rookie too and I don't really expect either one of them to be able to read defenses like a veteran. I think RGIII has a far better arm and his ability to run is much better than Luck. If I had my choice of rookie QBs from last year, I would take Wilson....

I don't think that is what I said. Although I see no evidence from Luck that he can read defenses at all. I think I was comparing him to Manning that way. RGIII was a rookie too and I don't really expect either one of them to be able to read defenses like a veteran. I think RGIII has a far better arm and his ability to run is much better than Luck. If I had my choice of rookie QBs from last year, I would take Wilson....

You can't possibly be serious in saying that today, can you?  I'm twice his age and probably have a better knee than he does.

EDIT:  Oh Man, I didn't check post count - I didn't realize I was feeding a noob troll.

Didn't read through all the pages and posts. But IMHO I think te Luck era may be more successful. Not all in Luck. But more in overall team from the gm down. It's a completely different feel. I feel like pagano and staff are building this team more in the form of the ravens/steelers/niners type. Hard nose, smash mouth football with good defenses. Big bonus is we have Luck.

Been a Comts fan since they moved here. The manning era was great. It is awesome that we are even able to have these debates. I'm really really excited about this new era. I enjoyed manning but me personally I have have more of the ravens/steelers/this era niners team bumping threw my veins. I'm a smash mouth, aggressive in your face type of dude. Not with all that fancy crap and flash.

Didn't read through all the pages and posts. But IMHO I think te Luck era may be more successful. Not all in Luck. But more in overall team from the gm down. It's a completely different feel. I feel like pagano and staff are building this team more in the form of the ravens/steelers/niners type. Hard nose, smash mouth football with good defenses. Big bonus is we have Luck.

Been a Comts fan since they moved here. The manning era was great. It is awesome that we are even able to have these debates. I'm really really excited about this new era. I enjoyed manning but me personally I have have more of the ravens/steelers/this era niners team bumping threw my veins. I'm a smash mouth, aggressive in your face type of dude. Not with all that fancy crap and flash.

Agreed.  Assuming we continue to build this team the right way, we'll never see Luck getting Peyton's gaudy regular season stats - and that is perfectly fine with me.  I want to see rings - I don't terribly care about stats and regular season records.  Phrases I hope to never hear again:

- bend, don't break

- we do what we do

- 6 inches at a time

Those are all just excuses to me.

You can't possibly be serious in saying that today, can you?  I'm twice his age and probably have a better knee than he does.

EDIT:  Oh Man, I didn't check post count - I didn't realize I was feeding a noob troll.

I am no troll. There is an article out today that says RGIII is making a superhuman recovery. I expect him to be back at 100% and I hope his coach uses him more wisely this year. He does need to quit taking so many hard hits but Luck led the NFL in hard hits for a QB...... He is just a bit bigger and stronger but they need to cut down on the punishment he takes too...

I am no troll. There is an article out today that says RGIII is making a superhuman recovery. I expect him to be back at 100% and I hope his coach uses him more wisely this year. He does need to quit taking so many hard hits but Luck led the NFL in hard hits for a QB...... He is just a bit bigger and stronger but they need to cut down on the punishment he takes too...

Didn't mean to offend - sorry.  

I wish RG3 the best, but I am just unable to believe 100% after what he's gone thru.  I do hope his coaches do things differently this year.

And hope that Luck has a better O-line!

Peace!  :)

Tell me what you like about Luck. You keep praising Griffen and Wilson to the rafters, and criticising Luck. I'm not interested if you are a troll or not. But you don't sound like a Colts fan......are you a Manning fan who is still smarting from the decision?

Tell me what you like about Luck. You keep praising Griffen and Wilson to the rafters, and criticising Luck. I'm not interested if you are a troll or not. But you don't sound like a Colts fan......are you a Manning fan who is still smarting from the decision?

Well, I think it was a lousy decision to let the AFC offensive player of the year walk and take on a rookie. I don't like very much about Luck. His QB rating is one of the worst in the entire NFL, his completion percentage is horrible and he led the league in turnovers. Considering all of that, what do you like about him? I am not sure he will ever be the QB some of you think that he is. I know he will never been in same league with Manning and I suspect that RGIII will have the better career of the two. Wilson might be better than both of them. I think Luck was the most overhyped draftee in history.... I would have taken that boat load of picks they could have gotten for him and then drafted Tannehill or Wilson or both.... But that is only my opinion...

He also had three TOs that resulted in 17 points which contributed to the loss. And Manning said he agreed with Fox to kneel down at the end of the game...

When did you ever hear Peyton say anything critical of his coach? I wouldn't have expected him to say anything else.

When did you ever hear Peyton say anything critical of his coach? I wouldn't have expected him to say anything else.

Me too. He was Ok with it during the game, http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/17/decker-says-peyton-was-on-board-with-taking-a-knee/

I remember back in the Dungy days, Manning shooing away the field goal team when it was fourth and short. Had he wanted to go for it with 30 seconds to go, Fox would have let him. He is Peyton Manning and currently has the most fourth quarter comebacks of any current QB playing the game.

Well, I think it was a lousy decision to let the AFC offensive player of the year walk and take on a rookie. I don't like very much about Luck. His QB rating is one of the worst in the entire NFL, his completion percentage is horrible and he led the league in turnovers. Considering all of that, what do you like about him? I am not sure he will ever be the QB some of you think that he is. I know he will never been in same league with Manning and I suspect that RGIII will have the better career of the two. Wilson might be better than both of them. I think Luck was the most overhyped draftee in history.... I would have taken that boat load of picks they could have gotten for him and then drafted Tannehill or Wilson or both.... But that is only my opinion...

Hey lookie. Different poster. Same post.

Rinse and repeat to get those pesky Peyton stains out of your blue and white.......

First of all, Luck is a rookie who got us to the Playoffs & if he is protected those completion percentages will proliferate significantly & the turnovers should dramatically decline as well OlBlu. You are naturally of course entitled to your opinion. Andrew has command of the huddle, makes smart decisions, & he releases the ball quickly. Give him time to manipulate the DBs & safety & Luck's numbers & victories will rise accordingly IMO. NFL success in this league begins & ends with oline protection OlBlu. 

Now that I see your game, it's time for the ignore button.

First of all, Luck is a rookie who got us to the Playoffs & if he is protected those completion percentages will proliferate significantly & the turnovers should dramatically decline as well OlBlu. You are naturally of course entitled to your opinion. Andrew has command of the huddle, makes smart decisions, & he releases the ball quickly. Give him time to manipulate the DBs & safety & Luck's numbers & victories will rise accordingly IMO. NFL success in this league begins & ends with oline protection OlBlu. 

Well, the other thing he leads the NFL besides turnovers is excuses made by Indy fans. I don't think those things will make any difference. I think he will still throw behind receivers and he will still come up short on long passes. But, we can all hope you are correct but doubt that you are....

Well, the other thing he leads the NFL besides turnovers is excuses made by Indy fans. I don't think those things will make any difference. I think he will still throw behind receivers and he will still come up short on long passes. But, we can all hope you are correct but doubt that you are....

Lol at you hoping Luck gets better.

Your hoping he flames out in glorious fashion so you can say I told you so about Peyton.

lmao

My apologies Susie Q. If this is the thread I am thinking it is, I took this thread on a slight detour when the Manning Pappa Johns topic popped up & then I took it into evaluating the Broncos division & then ultimately critiquing Philip Rivers post season shortcoming. Again, my mistake sorry. Or at least I share some of the blame here. I will admit that & try not to get distracted in the future with off topic notions. I promise. You have my word. 

Lol at you hoping Luck gets better.

Your hoping he flames out in glorious fashion so you can say I told you so about Peyton.

lmao

I think he's just a troll, he post on pacersdigest all the time. Usually to disagree and get everyone riled up. Now he has found this forum, nice

Seriously? o-line protection makes no difference? We are not talking about Ryan Leaf here you know & Peyton Manning's rookie season wasn't bound for the Playoffs I can tell you at at 3-13 I believe. Are you saying that protection makes no difference in NFL game outcomes at all or that Luck isn't smart enough to grow, adapt, & evolve with each new season under his belt? Ultimately, if the WR & TE are any good they catch the ball in stride with the hands & pull the ball securely to their body. 

Excuses made by INDY fans? Is that the best non counter measure argument you've got? Frankly, it's weak in the logical rhetoric department if you ask me...Thanks for the comic relief...Just Kidding!

Have you considered the possibility that you are wrong in your assessment of Luck as a bust after only 1 season? 

I mean no disrespect OlBlu, but let's not act as if Andrew Luck isn't pulling his own weight following a living legend & getting to the post season in his 1st year as a starter. Thank you very much.

It seems that qwiz is also here

5NeX1Gv.jpg

It seem that qwiz is also here

5NeX1Gv.jpg

Yep, I'm reading and laughing my * off at people who declare someone a troll because his opinion is different than theirs. Typical of you guys. One little disagreement and all of a sudden OlBlu is public enemy number one.

Peyton threw a ton of picks his rookie year as well. he turned out pretty good

Yep, I'm reading and laughing my * off at people who declare someone a troll because his opinion is different than there's. Typical of you guys. One little disagreement and all of a sudden OlBlu is public enemy number one.

OlBlu doesn't know what he's taking about. Literally. He also thinks that we ran a WCO last year. I don't agree with his opinions,  don't think he's a troll. But you can see where people are coming from when he makes mis-informed opinions and goes out of his way in threads that don't have anything to do with Luck (this isn't the only thread) and say things like "O-line play doesn't matter" and that everybody else is making excuses. So far his sole purpose on the forum is to do nothing but criticize our QB. I don't think he's a troll, but he doesn't know what he's talking about and makes ridiculous, outlandish claims.

Yep, I'm reading and laughing my * off at people who declare someone a troll because his opinion is different than theirs. Typical of you guys. One little disagreement and all of a sudden OlBlu is public enemy number one.

try not to get this thread locked. you lead the forum in that category

OlBlu doesn't know what he's taking about. Literally. He also thinks that we ran a WCO last year. I don't agree with his opinions,  don't think he's a troll. But you can see where people are coming from when he makes mis-informed opinions and goes out of his way in threads that don't have anything to do with Luck (this isn't the only thread) and say things like "O-line play doesn't matter" and that everybody else is making excuses. So far his sole purpose on the forum is to do nothing but criticize our QB. I don't think he's a troll, but he doesn't know what he's talking about and makes ridiculous, outlandish claims.

I don't know his post history but if he really does like picking on 12, then he's not different than a lot of Manning/Bronco fans here. He's just doing it in a more obvious way. I can name quite a few posters who frequently talk down on 12 and hype up Manning, but I guess we are all just used to those other guys. To an extent I don't think he knows entirely what he is talking about either and you're right, I don't think he's a troll either.

try not to get this thread locked. you lead the forum in that category

No, I lead the forum in getting blamed for it. This silly thread here should have been locked a long time ago. I do enjoy watching you guys bicker though. What a united fanbase.

I will openly acknowledge that this 2nd NFL campaign will be a much heavier lift for 2 reasons: #1: We can't sneak up on any team this year & #2: The expectations bar was raised very high now based of what we achieved as a Colts squad last year. But the same could be said for RG3 & Russell Wilson too. They are on that high performance expectations hook too OlBlu. I don't them a pass either. What will you say if RG3 & Russell Wilson crash & burn & miss the post season?

I don't make excuses. I own both my successes & my failures & I don't appreciate the inference that Colts fans make excuses. That is Bull___. I don't reside in the land of make believe & neither do my forum friends. Thank you.