Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's latest tweet (Saturday 3/16)

GoColts8818

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either of those two (fitz or Cruz) is going to cost us way to much, both on cap and picks. Would have to back load that contract (if we wish to sign anyone from the draft) and would hate to see us in the sane boat that we were in last year, being strapped for cap space.

Whoever it is, I just don't want the team to overspend for that person. First off it smacks against, we aren't going to make a big splash and invest all our money in one or two players.....diatribe......I am sure the person will have talent and upgrade the team, but this off season has seen them pay more for those upgrades than what I would consider "fair market value" ........

Whoever it is, I just don't want the team to overspend for that person. First off it smacks against, we aren't going to make a big splash and invest all our money in one or two players.....diatribe......I am sure the person will have talent and upgrade the team, but this off season has seen them pay more for those upgrades than what I would consider "fair market value" ........

agreed

Because Bethea is a free agent after this year and will be at that magical 30 mark. He also had 0 ints and 0 ff last year. That isn't a lot of production out of a guy that is counts 5.75 million on your cap. SS is the hitter...FS is the ball hawk. He just doesn't force very many turnovers. He had 100 tackles last year but I saw him take a lot of bad angles and miss quite a few. It wasn't just Zibs back there. Safety is a position that I think you try to stay on the under side of 30 for because of all the hits. Drafting a replacement will be important I think.

Looked like Bethea played closer the line more so than years before. With Cassius Vaughn starting as much as he did (and covering poorly), Bethea didn't have the luxury of sitting back deep to play ball hawk, which he excelled at his first 4 or 5 seasons. Logically with Laron Landry and (hopefully) better CB play on both sides, I'd expect Bethea to be able to sit back in deep coverage and do what he does best.

This tweet is confusing. There's gotta be some connection.

@JimIrsay: I'm looking for Walter,he has The Ringer...the whites...the undies...lotta ins and outs to this thing...THIS IS A LEAGUE GAME,SMOKEY!!!!

At first I was thinking roddy white maybe but idk his status and about how the ringer and undies fits. It also may be a wr that does alot of in and out routes.

Not likely.. But he was never like that when he played for the Steelers?

I disagree. He has always had that me first attitude. I remember on that last drive in the SB, he was celebrating after every catch he made, not just the touchdown. That doesn't help a team. I don't want it.

This tweet is confusing. There's gotta be some connection.

@JimIrsay: I'm looking for Walter,he has The Ringer...the whites...the undies...lotta ins and outs to this thing...THIS IS A LEAGUE GAME,SMOKEY!!!!

At first I was thinking roddy white maybe but idk his status and about how the ringer and undies fits. It also may be a wr that does alot of in and out routes.

I think this might mean a deal with the Giants for Cruz. That would explain " lotta ins and outs to this thing." You have to work a deal with Cruz , then either structure so the Giants can't match or do a deal with the Giants. Then you have to make it work within our cap wherfe we have already exceeded the cap in cash spent. Pretty complicated series of events.

An idea occured me: Is it possible we can trade for Cruz? Because if we can than we should trade Pat aangere who was a beast in a 4-3 to the linebacker depleted Giants for Cruz and than we could keep our first pick.

Straight up? No way. We would still have to throw a high pick in there.

To clear something up,

"Past the cap cash wise" means that we have committed more dollars to the free agents we have signed over the life of their contracts ($130 mill) than what the actual cap number is for this year alone ($127 mill).

We aren't over the cap, we aren't even up against the cap. We have plenty of wiggle room to bring in a worthy player with a sizable contract.

New York will want more than Pat Angerer for Victor Cruz, at the very least our 3rd rounder, probably more

Straight up? No way. We would still have to throw a high pick in there.

Yeah maybe throw in our 4th if we can sweet talk them, if not our 3rd. Angerer looked out of place in our hybrid 3-4. So it wouldn't be much of a loss unless he gets his act together this year. 

Yeah maybe throw in our 4th if we can sweet talk them, if not our 3rd. Angerer looked out of place in our hybrid 3-4. So it wouldn't be much of a loss unless he gets his act together this year.

I'm not so sure if I'm ready to see Angerer leave. We did get injured really early last year so that could effect the way a player translates his game to a new scheme

I think that Angerer and our D as a whole will be markedly better given that this is year two of the transition.