Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This Time Tomorrow

vacolt16

Who will be new Colts this time tomorrow via free agency? I'd say an offensive lineman, with Vasquez the frontrunner and Jake Long the surprise, and a pass rusher with Kruger being the frontrunner and Barwin the surprise.

When it's all said and done, the Colts will sign two to three top-tier free agents and two to three second-tier types.

Who will be new Colts this time tomorrow via free agency? I'd say an offensive lineman, with Vasquez the frontrunner and Jake Long the surprise, and a pass rusher with Kruger being the frontrunner and Barwin the surprise.

When it's all said and done, the Colts will sign two to three top-tier free agents and two to three second-tier types.

Cary Williams, Vasquez, Vollmer and maybe Kruger (though I don't want him).

It's crazy we are even talking about free agency after all those Polian years of the status quo.

Yeah, one of the reasons why we couldn't build a team for Peyton for so many years. I really didn't like "sign our own" idea. I understand if te see was talented but if it was a Hayden type guy, look at free agency before we give out a contract.

I like this regime. They are building the team through the draft and free agency while evaluating our own talent.

Yeah, one of the reasons why we couldn't build a team for Peyton for so many years. I really didn't like "sign our own" idea. I understand if te see was talented but if it was a Hayden type guy, look at free agency before we give out a contract.

I like this regime. They are building the team through the draft and free agency while evaluating our own talent.

That Hayden contract was the beginning of the end of the run for Polian. He was a good corner given top notch corner money. Thought it was insane when they did it. Mix in a couple bad drafts , and a injury to the franchise and you got the worst team in football.The  Polian's  just made some very poor draft and free agent choices at the end, most notably not having a functional QB to takeover in case of disaster.

It's crazy we are even talking about free agency after all those Polian years of the status quo.

It's been so long (Corey Simon?) since we were active in going after high quality FAs that I was never interested in this time of year.

We should consider this more important than the draft since we expect these guys to contribute now.

Smonroe, on 11 Mar 2013 - 17:27, said:

It's been so long (Corey Simon?) since we were active in going after high quality FAs that I was never interested in this time of year.

We should consider this more important than the draft since we expect these guys to contribute now.

The last TRUE big FA we brought in was Vinatieri.

I'm not so sure they will become Colts tomorrow... but,

Vasquez (Jimmy Raye now in front office and obvious need at guard)

Mike Jenkins (Grigson went after him last year via trade)

Kruger (not too sure about him just yet. but lots of rumors and pagano familiarity)

Stretch here but,

Levitre (doubt we get both of the guards. but if we do it will solidify the middle and will make Castonzo and Justice look loads better than last year on the outside)

If the cap is raised then players are just going to get more, but at the same ratios. 

Ehhh, I see your logic but I don't think so. Quite the contrary, mid-tier guys wanting more are getting dumped. In general pay could rise slightly across the board but there is definitely going to be $$$ available for signing your keepers.

That Hayden contract was the beginning of the end of the run for Polian. He was a good corner given top notch corner money. Thought it was insane when they did it. Mix in a couple bad drafts , and a injury to the franchise and you got the worst team in football.The  Polian's  just made some very poor draft and free agent choices at the end, most notably not having a functional QB to takeover in case of disaster.

I couldn't believe people were mad when Irsay fired him.  I couldn't wait for him to leave.

Ehhh, I see your logic but I don't think so. Quite the contrary, mid-tier guys wanting more are getting dumped. In general pay could rise slightly across the board but there is definitely going to be $$$ available for signing your keepers.

Quite the contrary, quarterbacks are still going to be highly paid if the cap rises and still demand a pretty large percentage of the team total.