Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Bowl Odds

mahagga73

No one likes the Colts now that Peyton Manning left. Remember, they had us at #32 in the Power Polls. Even after making the playoffs, they still had us ranked pretty low in the post season rankings. But, it is what it is. The media has become irrelevant in my life as a Colts fan

No one likes the Colts now that Peyton Manning left. Remember, they had us at #32 in the Power Polls. Even after making the playoffs, they still had us ranked pretty low in the post season rankings. But, it is what it is. The media has become irrelevant in my life as a Colts fan

@ this

I know fans of other teams who like us more now. lol.

Yeah I would agree with this. Rarely see any Colts info on ESPN. It is what it is. Just have to keep winning games

No one liked the Colts when Peyton was the Qb either.....

It's not that Peyton Manning has left.    People have heard of Andrew Luck.

What the don't believe in -- yet -- is the rest of the roster.    They think last year was a fluke and that we'll have the year this year that the so-called experts thought we'd have last year.

I'm confident Pagano LOVES this....  he'll use this as motivation....   Remember the t-shirts the players had last year where the Colts we ranked 32nd and Dead Last?! 

We're going to get a lot of disrespect this off-season.   It's going to happen over and over and over until the season starts and we prove that last year wasn't a fluke....

It's not that Peyton Manning has left.    People have heard of Andrew Luck.

What the don't believe in -- yet -- is the rest of the roster.    They think last year was a fluke and that we'll have the year this year that the so-called experts thought we'd have last year.

I'm confident Pagano LOVES this....  he'll use this as motivation....   Remember the t-shirts the players had last year where the Colts we ranked 32nd and Dead Last?! 

We're going to get a lot of disrespect this off-season.   It's going to happen over and over and over until the season starts and we prove that last year wasn't a fluke....

Oh yeah, until we prove ourselves more consistently people will doubt us. Fine with me. But, you have to admit I would put us ahead of a team like the Eagles. lol.

Maybe Chuck can make some new shirts. :clap: Fine by me, if you are not named Brady or Manning in the AFC you will get disrespect anyway right now more then likely. Brady or Manning could drool their way through a playoff game and take Metamucil at halftime and still be heavy favorites.

Exactly. We were faced with a lose lose either way. Players didn't like us with Peyton, now the media doesn't like us now that General Manning is gone

The sports media generally doesn't like Peyton either....

Idk where you get that from. He gets commercials, and that's about it. In the sports world he isn't their favorite.

OT: Can someone post the odds?

I can't speak on the other teams but I have heard some say the colts where riding the chuckstrong wave last year and will take a step back next year before moving back up the following year.But, I don't value there opinion at all.

I don't understand that argument either. Yes, the Colt's were fortunate and won a lot of ugly games, and they didn't look good on the stat sheets either, but the team is loaded with cash for free agents and all their players are a year older and better.  They might not have a better record but they should be a better team with a better chance to win in the playoffs. Our division isn't the greatest either.

It's probably because we are going in with a new offense, an un-proven OC, and a bunch of holes to fill. After pre-season hopefully the odds will be less. Get in now, while the deal is good!

This offense suits Lucks skills much better than the downfield attack under Arians I feel like.  That pass offense just didn't play too his strengths, hence  the low pass completion percentage. I'm assuming the Oline is going to get a major facelift and upgrade, and this offense he ran in college is much more QB friendly as far as the hits go.

The sports media generally doesn't like Peyton either....

Idk where you get that from. He gets commercials, and that's about it. In the sports world he isn't their favorite.

OT: Can someone post the odds?

40-1, Bengals were 35-1 , Eagles 30-1, Chargers the same I believe.  The Chargers are a stretch, that Eagles number is a mystery. Must think Vick has a lot left or something.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

I don't see anything out of line here....       pre draft/ FA odds....     Steelers and Skins I could argue but the rest are decent looking teams.

And lets be honest here, the Colts has some holes to fill.    And the Chargers and Eagles ARE NOT getting better odds.

Contraire. A major one  and a couple others I have seen do , in fact, have the odds or close to what I have stated. Not a bettor, so I don't know if these things vary widely or not.

Link please??  

Wagerweb and Betvega both have the Eagles as better odds to win. I have fished around and they all vary widely it seems like. Once again , I don't bet , I always assumed they were all pretty similar. Don't know which ones are more respected or what. Maybe some are just online deals and not actual houses, don't know.

I would have to say the 49ers are the team to beat, ahead of all others. They  just got Boldin and look like they are going to be a player with a couple other free agents and should be flat out better next year.  Maybe Kapernick, after the other teams have had awhile to break down tape, will regress or not be as effective next year, we'll see. That team is pretty solid all-around and they should have beat the heck out of the Ravens.

This is the same media that said we wouldn't win 2 games last year. I wonder what they'll say if we win a SB. I definitely wanna hear what Skip Bayless says if Luck wins a SB before RG3 (Skip's Husband) haha

"Media" is a pretty big group.    In actuality,  there was only one prediction of a 1-15 season.   I think another had us around 2-14.

But I think most of the media had us winning somewhere around 4-6 games.

And I suspect if we win a Super Bowl,  they won't believe it until we win another.....    these are very cynical times we live in....

"Media" is a pretty big group. In actuality, there was only one prediction of a 1-15 season. I think another had us around 2-14.

But I think most of the media had us winning somewhere around 4-6 games.

And I suspect if we win a Super Bowl, they won't believe it until we win another..... these are very cynical times we live in....

Would they believe it if the team flashed the rings in their face? Or how about meeting the president at the white house? Not too many people get that opportunity you know? Lol