Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Spent A Lot Of Time WIth Damontre Moore

Latest mock draft I read had Moore falling to us actually. I highly doubt it it though. There are a number of teams that need a pass rusher. But its definatley not impossible. Im sure they were doing thier due dilligence encase a slide does happen.

Going from 12 to 19 reps at least proves that he was willing to put in a lot of work on that in two weeks.

12 to 19 reps in two weeks is not work, that just doesn't happen. you just can't gain that much strength in two weeks, there is another reason. maybe he didn't give his best effort the first time? that would be a concern.

He's very good value for the 24 spot.

Keep in mind, a few weeks ago, many saw him as the 2nd overall pick, and a bad combine is the only reason why he's dropping.

Very talented player, who I would be happy to see in blue. 

12 to 19 reps in two weeks is not work, that just doesn't happen. you just can't gain that much strength in two weeks, there is another reason. maybe he didn't give his best effort the first time? that would be a concern.

Well you can, not legally, but you can. I didn't mean he put in work in just two weeks, I misspoke. Just meant that he proved he's stronger than 12 reps and has put in more work than people gave him credit for. He could've been sore/sick or had stiff shoulders or something, not just lazy.

Well you can, not legally, but you can. I didn't mean he put in work in just two weeks, I misspoke. Just meant that he proved he's stronger than 12 reps and has put in more work than people gave him credit for. He could've been sore/sick or had stiff shoulders or something, not just lazy.

Probably got docked for some cheat reps at the combine

Everyone..and I mean everyone comments on how mentally and physically exhausting the combine is. Imagine spending hours in grueling interviews and taking tests then going to workout and do drills. I imagine it is very easy to have a bad day and not be mentally focused and get a good rythem going. To me it isn't effort but focus and being in a comfortable environment that helps with 40 times and lifting. Having no distractions but simply focusing on a single task that day and not so many other things going on and waiting your turn etc. I would say this is probably a better example of him. 

That said...I don't put a lot of stock into 40's and strength stuff like this as long as it backs up the game tape. If he is fast on tape..and he runs fast....thats what matters. If it don't jive...then you got to scratch your head.

23 other GM's should be on the hot seat if that many were dumb enough to pass if he fell that far over a combine, namely Jacksonville, Raiders, Bucs, Eagles and Lions, he will never pass through that gauntlet of teams before us

Not uncommon for teams to ask a good player to "take a dive" and hoping teams will over look them long enough they drop to you namely choosing another.

:excited:  haha  :lol:  :funny:  lmao  rotflmao

There is no way on earth any college kid is going to "take a dive" to fall further in the draft. I'm sorry, but that has to be one of the most nonsensical posts I have ever seen on this, or any other forum in the history of the internet.

I'd be cool with this pick as well. Very disruptive

Ya I did a little reading on him and he looks like a very solid option for us. He's played both OLB and DE and from what I read he is very natural with his hand on the ground and can also stand up and play in space. Makes sense that we would be interested. A lot of these prospects are either one or the other, they arent adept at doing both.

Everyone..and I mean everyone comments on how mentally and physically exhausting the combine is. Imagine spending hours in grueling interviews and taking tests then going to workout and do drills. I imagine it is very easy to have a bad day and not be mentally focused and get a good rythem going. To me it isn't effort but focus and being in a comfortable environment that helps with 40 times and lifting. Having no distractions but simply focusing on a single task that day and not so many other things going on and waiting your turn etc. I would say this is probably a better example of him. 

if i had a bad day at work or wherever and then went to the gym, most of the time i would have a better work out because it was a way of getting out the frustrations. these players should be right at home in the weight room. there is no excuse for an athlete that size (6'4'' 250) to only do 12 reps. if he was injured he shouldn't have lifted. 19 isn't that good ether.

if i had a bad day at work or wherever and then went to the gym, most of the time i would have a better work out because it was a way of getting out the frustrations. these players should be right at home in the weight room. there is no excuse for an athlete that size (6'4'' 250) to only do 12 reps. if he was injured he shouldn't have lifted. 19 isn't that good ether.

This isn't your petty little day at work and blowing off steam. This is a weekend of intense interviews from hundreds of team personnel, reporters, tests, and then workouts. Some handle it better for sure but all we are saying is that it isn't that unusual to have a better pro day then combine for those various reasons. I think you are being a bit rash. He isn't an offensive lineman. 19 is respectable. We aren't talking about the Honeybadger here.

This isn't your petty little day at work and blowing off steam. This is a weekend of intense interviews from hundreds of team personnel, reporters, tests, and then workouts. Some handle it better for sure but all we are saying is that it isn't that unusual to have a better pro day then combine for those various reasons. I think you are being a bit rash. He isn't an offensive lineman. 19 is respectable. We aren't talking about the Honeybadger here.

there are people out there with a lot more on their minds than a kid in college playing a game. i seriously doubt they are intense interviews. watch the combine drills, the coaches are very friendly with the players. they want them to feel comfortable, not put them on the spot. "hundreds of team personnel" i guess every team sends about10 people to interview every player?? 19 is VERY average, and 12 is a joke. just about any average joe at a gym that weighs 200 lbs and has worked out for at least a year should be able to do 12 reps at 225lbs. he is a 6'4" 250lb athlete in his prime!!!

there are people out there with a lot more on their minds than a kid in college playing a game. i seriously doubt they are intense interviews. watch the combine drills, the coaches are very friendly with the players. they want them to feel comfortable, not put them on the spot. "hundreds of team personnel" i guess every team sends about10 people to interview every player?? 19 is VERY average, and 12 is a joke. just about any average joe at a gym that weighs 200 lbs and has worked out for at least a year should be able to do 12 reps at 225lbs. he is a 6'4" 250lb athlete in his prime!!!

Sure thing. Whatever you say. That is why every single player at the combine says on their interviews about how grueling and exhausting the process is. The tension and stress level there is extreme. These kids know their futures are heavily influenced and it takes a great deal of effort going through the whole process. Perhaps you've not been there for one of these or not listened to the interviews on the NFL network but your idea of the combine I think is a little off. Most teams have multiple people in the interviews asking questions. I'm not saying he didn't underperform. I'm not saying he isn't avg on a strength accesment but there is more to playing in the nfl than a how much you can bench. The kid might have work to do but his bench press is not going to be the end all determination of his future success. I don't care what some muscle heads at a gym can bench. I played with workout freaks my whole life and for many of them it did nothing to help improve their game...in fact it hurt it. Too much time trying to max lift and not enough time doing drills and learning technique. 

Sure thing. Whatever you say. That is why every single player at the combine says on their interviews about how grueling and exhausting the process is. The tension and stress level there is extreme. These kids know their futures are heavily influenced and it takes a great deal of effort going through the whole process. Perhaps you've not been there for one of these or not listened to the interviews on the NFL network but your idea of the combine I think is a little off. Most teams have multiple people in the interviews asking questions. I'm not saying he didn't underperform. I'm not saying he isn't avg on a strength accesment but there is more to playing in the nfl than a how much you can bench. The kid might have work to do but his bench press is not going to be the end all determination of his future success. I don't care what some muscle heads at a gym can bench. I played with workout freaks my whole life and for many of them it did nothing to help improve their game...in fact it hurt it. Too much time trying to max lift and not enough time doing drills and learning technique.

True, how much you can lift doesn't really dictate how good of a player you are or can be. The weeker guy can still gain strength, speed and size. But 12 reps is flat out embarrassing if you weigh 250

Grigson said the interview process was one of the more important features at the combine and that Pagano has a great way of getting the player to open up and show what he's really like.  That leads me to believe that a guy like Moore can have a bad combine, but if Pagano and Grigson really like the guy and his attitude, then they would not hesitate to draft him based on his film and the interview.  On the other side of the coin, if Moore comes across as lazy and half hearted, then his interview and his bad combine would tell them he's not someone that's going to stick.