Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do you think Xavier Rhodes will fall to us at 24?

AllYouNeedIsLuck

I really like him. He was impressive at the combine including a great 40 time. I've seen some mock drafts where he's at 24 or later but then some when he's at the 15 range. 

I'd like to fix our secondary through the draft and O-line via free agency. And of course other positions using both free agency and the draft, though we should prioritize secondary and O-line. 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the umpteen millionth time... we have 5 bigger needs to address.

one major reason our defense was doing so bad last year ( and i know cuz i watched every second of every game)  was because cassius vaughn was getting his but whooped on almost every play. our D line is bound to improve with chapman and mckinney coming back, and we will fix our O line through FA. corner would be a very smart choice at 24.

my wish list:

FA: OG- louis vasquez

OG- andy levitre

OLB- paul kruger

SS- yeremiah bell

DRAFT:

CB: xavier rhodes

dont care about the rest

Lol, why don't you care about the rest... That's where you find your value picks.

I want Rhodes to be drafted in the first because I think Grigson can take care of the rest in the later rounds and free agency. I personally have players I like, but I trust RG to get the best player available in every round to fill the needs, and then spend money judiciously in free agency.

one major reason our defense was doing so bad last year ( and i know cuz i watched every second of every game)  was because cassius vaughn was getting his but whooped on almost every play. our D line is bound to improve with chapman and mckinney coming back, and we will fix our O line through FA. corner would be a very smart choice at 24.

1 Mississippi 2 Mississippi 3 Mississippi 4 Mississippi ......

I think the bigger question is will we keep our 1st round pick or trade out for more picks?

We can't trade out the 1st Round.... the chat room on here will be open that day. That wouldn't be fair to us if we'd be watching the 1st round & don't see the Colts draft someone :(

I think he does. He's ranked around 20 on most big boards, so 24 is definitely a possibility. 

The only thing we have going against us is the fact that he's the 2nd best cornerback. The Bills reached for a cornerback in the top 10 last year. That's not a good thing.

Isn't banks a zone corner?

Banks is better in zone and just okay in press/man, Trufant is a better fit for the Colts if Rhodes isn't there because both are excellent in press coverage and have the measurables to do so effectively.

For the umpteen millionth time... we have 5 bigger needs to address.

If we draft players solely on our biggest needs I will be disappointed with Grigson/Pagano.   However, I do not see this happening.  They know that you cannot draft this way.  All positions were not created equally.  Some are harder to fill than others.  If a great corner is sitting at the 24 spot and they don't take him, the guy they take better be amazing.

Jones is graded as a 3rd rounder.

85.1 according to the people at NFL.com is a first round grade, he has late first early 2nd written all over him........Just like I said he would likely go from the beginning, I expect he goes to the Packers at 26 if we pass

If we draft players solely on our biggest needs I will be disappointed with Grigson/Pagano. However, I do not see this happening. They know that you cannot draft this way. All positions were not created equally. Some are harder to fill than others. If a great corner is sitting at the 24 spot and they don't take him, the guy they take better be amazing.

Yeah we saw how that worked out for polian. Grrrrr,

Really hope we can jump in and get a second rounder this year! This draft is stacked!! I hope grigsons looking at making some moves. We are going to have a lot of options, and that's a good spot to be in!

I am with you on this. It seems like the perfect draft and perfect time to do this.