Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rg3 Roy

vinatierifan4

So did Dilfer, it's called a damn good defense. Look it up some time. Smith would have gotten them their also. Kind of how cousins stepped in for Robert...

No...I doubt smith would have been able to comeback versus Falcons. Cousins lost when he went in in the playoffs, something a lot of his supporters tend to forget.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW.. my opinion on what the thread is about is as follows.

No problem with the voting . I would have gone Luck , but I saw every play in 2012. The writters didn't see all the great 3rd and long throws and how bad the O line was. They probably saw a game or two and if you just go by the stats , there is no shame giving it to the guy that had the better stats. Also .. who cares ?

The other issue is the "running QBs" and the read option. I woud say that at this point in time , MOST of the time teams have had a nightmare trying to defend it. So let's see how teams do in the offseason figuring it out. We also need to see how wel these QBs are able to handle the extra punishment.

A prediction by a coach and a statement by a surgeon are too different things my friend. I'm starting to see what you're getting at though.

Fair enough.. we'll leave it at that and hope your guy makes it back quickly and is 100%.

The NFC east was sort of a joke this season in case u missed it

lol redskins weren't very much a surprise to win it everyone but the giants shouldve..I mean the last few years the giants win the superbowl the next year miss the play offs last year win the superbowl then miss the playoffs I guarantee that giants take the division back again this upcoming season :-P

Yes, it wasn't even close.

RG3=29

Luck=11

Wilson=9

Even I'm surprised, by how much he ran away with it.

Congratulations to all 3, having a great season.

Doesn't bother me in the least that he won it. He was deserving. I just can't believe that he won by that much. I really feel that Luck and Wilson played on a comparable level.

Luck loses by too many votes but Wilson only got a few. Honestly, Wilson is going to be a very good QB. I can't see RG winning by the margin he did. But Ariens got Coach of the Year and Manning Come Back Player of the year so it was a good year for our people (and former people).

Now six long, dry, empty months of zero football......................................

Most of you young whippersnappers don't remember what Barnum of Barnum and Bailey Circuses said.  "You sell the sizzle, not the steak."  Back in the day, the circus would have the elephants walk down the streets with scantily clad young women and the Clowns  walking in front of the Caliope.   Most of you have never heard a Caliope or even know what one is.  The clowns and the elephants would make all the youngsters beg their parents to take them to the Circus.  And Grandpa would want to go to see more of the scantily clad young ladies. 

RG3 is the sizzle.  Luck is the real deal.  If RG3 doesn't learn to duck when the LB's come hunting him down, he will have a very short career in the NFL.  When the Colts field their next team, my bet is that there will be a real O line protecting our franchise.  We will have a decent running game.  With what the Colts were able to accomplish with what they had this year, next year is gonna be worth waiting for. :rock:

Right. RG3 had a hall of fame wideout...wait, his top wideout was a guy the colts didn't even resign....that was hurt 50% of the season. And the Colts had a better defense. Only18 points given up on average in their 11 victories. Much more than what R3 had to work with. The defense carried that team....in the worst division of pro football.

You can't judge Indy's defense just by the stats they had when they won.

Washington also had another RoTY candidate at RB and had a very good defense. Luck did it with less.

This should clear verything up.

Cased closed.

Lock thread.

http://httr24-7.com/blog/why-robert-griffin-iii-deserved-to-win-rookie-of-the-year/

Very good read!

Really??? Your going to post an article from an obvious Redskins homer for why RG3 won ROY? You may as well just linked a post from one of the Skins fans that posts on this forum. This guy has no more credibility than anybody here has.

Cased closed.

Lock thread.

http://httr24-7.com/blog/why-robert-griffin-iii-deserved-to-win-rookie-of-the-year/

Very good read!

Oh yeah there is a real unbiased look at things. 

And explain to me why previous years of performance of a franchise

has any iota of impact on how the rookies preformed this year with their

current team talent? That’s like saying Kapernick(sp?) is a crappy QB because

the 49’s use to have Montana

and Young.

Here's the records RG3 set.

• He is the first rookie in NFL history to throw for more than 300 yards, two touchdowns and no picks in his first start, and the first rookie quarterback in NFL history to finish the first half of his first game with a perfect passer rating.
  • He is the first rookie in NFL history to throw 4 touchdowns in back to back games in the NFL season, the second player in NFL history to throw four touchdowns in back to back games, and the first player to do so without the benefit of a bye week in between.
  • He is the first player in NFL history to throw for over 3200 yards, rush for 800 yards, and have a completion percentage over 60%.
  • He broke the record for rookie passer rating set by Ben Roethlisberger in 2004 (102.4), and finished third in passer rating behind Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers.
  • He is just the 54th man in NFL history to record a “Perfect Game”, beating the Eagles with a passer rating of 158.3 and having just one incomplete pass.
  • He’s the first rookie to have two touchdowns of 65+ yards in his first two starts since Greg Cook in 1969.
  • He tied with Ben Roethlisberger for the 2nd most games with a passer rating over 100. (Russell Wilson ultimately broke is in first place.)
  • Robert Griffin III and Russell Wilson are the only rookie quarterbacks in NFL history to finish the regular season with a passer rating over 100.
  • He has the lowest percentage of passes intercepted (1.3), breaking Charlie Batch’s record (1.98.)
  • He had the fourth best completion percentage in the league.
  • He set the rookie record for rushing yards in a season by a quarterback. (815)
  • He led the league in yards per pass attempt. (8.1)
  • He led the league in yards per carry. (6.9)
  • His 76 yard touchdown versus the Minnesota Vikings was the second longest run by a quarterback in NFL history and the first 70+ yarder since Kordell Stewart in 1996.
  • He is the first quarterback in NFL history to have four 60+ yard touchdowns and a 60+ yard rushing touchdown.
  • Robert Griffin III and Dan Marino (1983) are the only rookie quarterbacks in NFL history to be selected to the Pro Bowl outright. (I.E, without someone else having to drop out first.)
  • He’s the only quarterback in NFL history with over 750 rush yards to finish with a passer rating over 100.
  • He’s the only quarterback in NFL history with over 75 rush yards to finish with a 4:1 touchdown to INT ratio.
  • Set the Redskins franchise rookie record for completions,
  • He set the record for rookie completion percentage in one game (93%).
  • He led the Washington Redskins to their first division title since 1999, their first 10 win season since 2005, and just their third playoff appearance in the last 20 years.
  • He influenced other playoff teams like the San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks to adopt elements of the read-option and the pistol formation, both of which were supposed to be impossible to make work in the NFL.
  • He was a two time NFL Offensive Rookie of the Month, two time NFC Offensive Player of the Week, 7 time Pepsi Rookie of the Week, a Pro Bowl selection, and the Sporting News and PFW/PFWA Rookie of the Year.

That's why he's rookie of the year. Hate it if you want to, blame it on the media if you want to, say he's overhyped, say he's injury prone. But hard data doesn't lie.

• He is the first rookie in NFL history to throw for more than 300 yards, two touchdowns and no picks in his first start, and the first rookie quarterback in NFL history to finish the first half of his first game with a perfect passer rating.
  • He is the first rookie in NFL history to throw 4 touchdowns in back to back games in the NFL season, the second player in NFL history to throw four touchdowns in back to back games, and the first player to do so without the benefit of a bye week in between.
  • He is the first player in NFL history to throw for over 3200 yards, rush for 800 yards, and have a completion percentage over 60%.
  • He broke the record for rookie passer rating set by Ben Roethlisberger in 2004 (102.4), and finished third in passer rating behind Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers.
  • He is just the 54th man in NFL history to record a “Perfect Game”, beating the Eagles with a passer rating of 158.3 and having just one incomplete pass.
  • He’s the first rookie to have two touchdowns of 65+ yards in his first two starts since Greg Cook in 1969.
  • He tied with Ben Roethlisberger for the 2nd most games with a passer rating over 100. (Russell Wilson ultimately broke is in first place.)
  • Robert Griffin III and Russell Wilson are the only rookie quarterbacks in NFL history to finish the regular season with a passer rating over 100.
  • He has the lowest percentage of passes intercepted (1.3), breaking Charlie Batch’s record (1.98.)
  • He set the rookie record for rushing yards in a season by a quarterback. (815)
  • His 76 yard touchdown versus the Minnesota Vikings was the second longest run by a quarterback in NFL history and the first 70+ yarder since Kordell Stewart in 1996.
  • He is the first quarterback in NFL history to have four 60+ yard touchdowns and a 60+ yard rushing touchdown.
  • Robert Griffin III and Dan Marino (1983) are the only rookie quarterbacks in NFL history to be selected to the Pro Bowl outright. (I.E, without someone else having to drop out first.)
  • He’s the only quarterback in NFL history with over 750 rush yards to finish with a passer rating over 100.
  • He’s the only quarterback in NFL history with over 75 rush yards to finish with a 4:1 touchdown to INT ratio.
  • He led the Washington Redskins to their first division title since 1999, their first 10 win season since 2005, and just their third playoff appearance in the last 20 years.
  • He influenced other playoff teams like the San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks to adopt elements of the read-option and the pistol formation, both of which were supposed to be impossible to make work in the NFL.
  • He was a two time NFL Offensive Rookie of the Month, two time NFC Offensive Player of the Week, 7 time Pepsi Rookie of the Week, a Pro Bowl selection, and the Sporting News and PFW/PFWA Rookie of the Year.

That's why he's rookie of the year. Hate it if you want to, blame it on the media if you want to, say he's overhyped, say he's injury prone. But hard data doesn't lie.

Good post. Griffin deserved to be in the Pro Bowl, excited to see this guy light the league up for years to come.

First of all lost me when he beat out Charlie batch for a record. A lot of the other records were pretty much poop also. I'm sure someone can make up a list of Lucks accomplishments that would destroy that.

First of all lost me when he beat out Charlie batch for a record. A lot of the other records were pretty much poop also. I'm sure someone can make up a list of Lucks accomplishments that would destroy that.

Feel free to. I'm sure they're "poop" as well.

Well if you were to dig up a pile of poop baking in the sun for days on end, that's where you'd find the texans.

You would find the Texans at the top of the AFC South, clown. Funny how you have no ability to make a competent argument whatsoever. :thmup:

Cased closed.

Lock thread.

Very good read!

That's just weak, man.

You post a link to a skins fan opinion and thensay case closed.. Interesting

Yeah... I will give some credit to HTTR24-7, though.  They do some pretty decent analysis and work pretty hard at their craft.  Reasonably knowledgeable group of guys with some inside contacts... but there's definitely Redskins bias.  Oh... and that NLC guy writes for them, IIRC, just to provide a little extra Skins-fan transparency. ;)

You would find the Texans at the top of the AFC South, clown. Funny how you have no ability to make a competent argument whatsoever. :thmup:

Don't waste my time with bozo's. knew you couldn't wait to come to the rescue of your boyfriend. Feel free to continue your witty repartee

Don't waste my time with bozo's. knew you couldn't wait to come to the rescue of your boyfriend. Feel free to continue your witty repartee

Right...the classic bail-out.  " I knew you couldn't wait, I was just messing with you!"  Sure. Whatever floats your boat. Take a good look at those records...it's a sign of the future. haha

Right...the classic bail-out. " I knew you couldn't wait, I was just messing with you!" Sure. Whatever floats your boat. Take a good look at those records...it's a sign of the future. haha

Oh I didn't say I was messing with you. I said I knew you wouldn't be able to resist. More like look as his multiple knee surgeries. Those look more like the reoccurring future events. Kind of like the Colta winning the afc south

Oh I didn't say I was messing with you. I said I knew you wouldn't be able to resist. More like look as his multiple knee surgeries. Those look more like the reoccurring future events. Kind of like the Colta winning the afc south

The "Colta" aren't winning the South anytime soon. Sorry to break it to you. And despite your obvious ill will, Griffin will be back. Running QBs on the rise, you better get to the closet before they get you.

Most knee surgeries for a qb under 24 years old?

Peyton is a pocket qb. Bob is a runner knees are kind of important. And never compare Peyton to a flash in the pan qb

Well Griff certainly had a more impressive rookie campaign, that's for sure. Griffin can pass in the pocket too. Papa Pey can't run though, leaving him open to some big hits too. Griffin's going to be just fine.

Well Griff certainly had a more impressive rookie campaign, that's for sure. Griffin can pass in the pocket too. Papa Pey can't run though, leaving him open to some big hits too. Griffin's going to be just fine.

I'm guessing this hunch won't be any better than the rest of your hunches this year

The "Colta" aren't winning the South anytime soon. Sorry to break it to you. And despite your obvious ill will, Griffin will be back. Running QBs on the rise, you better get to the closet before they get you.

Good one on the Colta. Colts will be winning the division this year. Hope you enjoyed the last couple years of fame. I know you're to young to know any better but once again. Running qb's haven't changed a thing in the NFL. How'd that big slow lumbering Flacco work out? Oh yeah, sb champ!

I'm guessing this hunch won't be any better than the rest of your hunches this year

Oh, my one Super Bowl prediction? I'm sure it'll be better than a lot of the stuff you've been wanting to happen. My quarterback isn't the only one who didn't make the Super Bowl...and it's not a hunch it's reality. Hate all you want but Griffin's not done in this league.

Good one on the Colta. Colts will be winning the division this year. Hope you enjoyed the last couple years of fame. I know you're to young to know any better but once again. Running qb's haven't changed a thing in the NFL. How'd that big slow lumbering Flacco work out? Oh yeah, sb champ!

I don't know, you should ask the refs. And the 49ers lost by a mere 3 points...wow, they sure showed those 49ers and took them to the wood shed!!!

And, no. They won't be. Sorry. Texans >