Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rg3 Roy

vinatierifan4

By nearly sweeping the division if not for one botched defensive play. Wow, do you feel good degrading other QBs achievements in order to make you feel better about your own? Give credit where credit is due. Unbelievable.

Stating facts is now considered degrading? Get real man. I wasn't even talking about Luck remotely. Quit deflecting.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stating facts is now considered degrading? Get real man. I wasn't even talking about Luck remotely. Quit deflecting.

Deflecting what? The fact that Griffin won his division, no matter how "weak" it is with teams good enough to still be competing for playoff contention in week 17? Yeah, right. I'm the one who's deflecting. This whole thread comes down to 12 and how so many people feel scorned that he didn't win. All these knee jokes and other stuff is just ridiculous.

He's projected to be back by the season opener...and I highly doubt that Cousins is going to impress in the pre-season or the regular season...it would be like trying to start Harnish over AL. Not gonna happen.

Total hogwash. Absolutely ridiculous statement. This is something you read the day after surgery that came from "those close to the Redskin camp." All medical accounts from those that have knowledge of this kind of injury have refuted this . He had MAJOR surgery on a knee that was just done 2-3 years back. They even had to operate on the good knee to get cartiledge. Really poor post on yourf part and you know very well that this is not the "projection" by those with an opinion one would value.

Deflecting what? The fact that Griffin won his division, no matter how "weak" it is with teams good enough to still be competing for playoff contention in week 17? Yeah, right. I'm the one who's deflecting. This whole thread comes down to 12 and how so many people feel scorned that he didn't win. All these knee jokes and other stuff is just ridiculous.

I'm not even sure what you are arguing at this point. Your posts are extremely hypocritical. Yep I said RG3 won a weak division and you said that Luck went 3-1 against a division that had "3 bad teams". You did the exact same thing that I did. How's the air up on that high horse?

Total hogwash. Absolutely ridiculous statement. This is something you read the day after surgery that came from "those close to the Redskin camp." All medical accounts from those that have knowledge of this kind of injury have refuted this . He had MAJOR surgery on a knee that was just done 2-3 years back. They even had to operate on the good knee to get cartiledge. If we really want to "bore into " this one , I've read that the success rate for RB's with this injury is only around 55%. One might argue that if you want to assess the chances of RG3 coming back as the same kind of QB that rushes for around 750 yards in 13 games , these are the correct odds. Really poor post on yourf part and you know very well that this is not the "projection" by those with an opinion one would value.

The guy who did the surgery said it. Go figure.

I'm not even sure what you are arguing at this point. Your posts are extremely hypocritical. Yep I said RG3 won a weak division and you said that Luck went 3-1 against a division that had "3 bad teams". You did the exact same thing that I did. How's the air up on that high horse?

:facepalm: My mention of the NFC North being weak was not a knock on 12...I don't like taking shots at quarterbacks in that way, unlike some. We have very different definitions of weak divisions apparently.

:facepalm: My mention of the NFC North being weak was not a knock on 12...I don't like taking shots at quarterbacks in that way, unlike some. We have very different definitions of weak divisions apparently.

Yea we must apparently have a different definition. A weak division to me is one that finishes with 10, 9, 8, and 4 win teams and your definition is a division that finishes with 11, 10, 10, and 4 win teams.

Yea we must apparently have a different definition. A weak division to me is one that finishes with 10, 9, 8, and 4 win teams and your definition is a division that finishes with 11, 10, 10, and 4 win teams.

You're missing my point entirely. We're going in circles here man. I'd take the Redskins, Cowboys, and Giants over the Steelers, Browns, and Bengals.

You're missing my point entirely. We're going in circles here man. I'd take the Redskins, Cowboys, and Giants over the Steelers, Browns, and Bengals.

Lol. Ok. Go ahead. I'll take the ones with a combined 6 AFC Championship appearances and 4 Super Bowl appearances in the past 8 years and you can take teams that annually finish .500 or below.

Lol. Ok. Go ahead. I'll take the ones with a combined 6 AFC Championship appearances and 4 Super Bowl appearances in the past 8 years and you can take teams that annually finish .500 or below.

Oh yeah, the Steelers are the ones who had the SB appearances, up until this year. Woopty doo. Certainly does them well now, they really are a great team because they went to the Super Bowl 3 years ago! Oh yeah, look up the Cowboys in the 90s. They won SBs in the past too. As did the Giants, two recently. Makes this division sooo much better, they won SBs!

Congrats to RG3.  All three had great years.

Yep. The kid impressed me into liking him. He may have a short career, but it'll be exciting to watch. I'm a fan of the game first, so I cannot be blinded by homer-ism nor allow these silly awards to get me frustrated. 

Oh yeah, the Steelers are the ones who had the SB appearances, up until this year. Woopty doo. Certainly does them well now, they really are a great team because they went to the Super Bowl 3 years ago! Oh yeah, look up the Cowboys in the 90s. They won SBs in the past too. As did the Giants, two recently. Makes this division sooo much better, they won SBs!

That's completely ridiculous logic. Half of the players from the 2004 Super Bowl run are still on the team. About 2/3 are still on the team from the 2008 season and probably 3/4 of them are still on the team from the 2010 Super Bowl run. As opposed to the Cowboys who have no players that are on the team. It's alright to be wrong some times.

I also think you're forgetting that the Ravens are in the Super Bowl this year.

That's completely ridiculous logic. Half of the players from the 2004 Super Bowl run are still on the team. About 2/3 are still on the team from the 2008 season and probably 3/4 of them are still on the team from the 2010 Super Bowl run. As opposed to the Cowboys who have no players that are on the team. It's alright to be wrong some times.

I also think you're forgetting that the Ravens are in the Super Bowl this year.

It's surprising to me that this 3/4 hasn't gotten their team back to the big game since 2010, since, you know, that's exactly the way those kind of things work. As for the Ravens...good for them. It's been a while, though. Still didn't wow me in the regular season but good job in the postseason.

It's surprising to me that this 3/4 hasn't gotten their team back to the big game since 2010, since, you know, that's exactly the way those kind of things work. As for the Ravens...good for them. It's been a while, though. Still didn't wow me in the regular season but good job in the postseason.

Yep 2 years I forgot that teams are supposed to make the Super Bowl every year. The Steelers have more Super Bowl appearances in the past 8 years than playoff wins the Redskins have had in the past 20. But whatever you can take the most overrated division in the league if you want.  

Yep 2 years I forgot that teams are supposed to make the Super Bowl every year. The Steelers have more Super Bowl appearances in the past 8 years than playoff wins the Redskins have had in the past 20. But whatever you can take the most overrated division in the league if you want.  

Yeah, it has the promising ROTY, Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning, and number-putter-upper Tony Romo in it, as well as a new head coach and fresh direction with the Eagles in it as well. I'll take them any day of the week than the overrated Bengals, the aging Steelers and the Weeden Browns.

Yeah, it has the promising ROTY, Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning, and number-putter-upper Tony Romo in it, as well as a new head coach and fresh direction with the Eagles in it as well. I'll take them any day of the week than the overrated Bengals, the aging Steelers and the Weeden Browns.

Cool.

The guy who did the surgery said it. Go figure.

Here's what Andrews was quoted as saying...

"Robert Griffin III had successful knee surgery early this morning. He had a direct repair of his LCL and a re-do of his previous ACL reconstruction. We expect a full recovery and it is everybody's hope and belief that due to Robert's high motivation, he will be ready for the 2013 season.

"The goal of his treatment is to give him the best opportunity for a long professional career."

To say that it's been "projected " is far different than this statement. You know , I know , Dr Andrews knows what most other medical people with good knowledge said. It's more like week 5 or week 6. Andrews does say "belief" but I think that is a bit of a play on words. Bottom line is it's common knowledge that this kind of surgery takes longer from Jan to Sept to recover from. It's been done before ..Welker and more recently Peterson , but we all know including DR Andrews that this is not anywhere close to being the norm . Bottom line that is a hope and a prayer , By no means is Andrews "projecting " him to play the opener.

"Robert Griffin III had successful knee surgery early this morning. He had a direct repair of his LCL and a re-do of his previous ACL reconstruction. We expect a full recovery and it is everybody's hope and belief that due to Robert's high motivation, he will be ready for the 2013 season.

"The goal of his treatment is to give him the best opportunity for a long professional career."

To say that it's been "projected " is far different than this statement. You know , I know , Dr Andrews knows what most other medical people with good knowledge said. It's more like week 5 or week 6. Andrews does say "belief" but I think that is a bit of a play on words. Bottom line is it's common knowledge that this kind of surgery takes longer from Jan to Sept to recover from. It's been done before ..Welker and more recently Peterson , but we all know including DR Andrews that this is not anywhere close to being the norm . Bottom line that is a hope and a prayer , By no means is Andrews "projecting " him to play the opener.

We'll just have to wait and see.

If it's for playoff contention, then yeah, it is. Records don't tell the whole story sometimes when it comes to talent. Eli and Romo, two media darlings, didn't go anywhere and had all of their weapons healthy. No philosophical changes on defense either. At least 9-7 is actually a winning record though.

The bears missed the playoffs with a 10-6

I said in an earlier post that Schefter said Peterson came back after 267(or around that) days(the fastest ever). He said if RG3 somehow came back that quick(which is highly unlikey) that would make it week 4 or 5 of the regular season. There is no way RG3 will be back at the beginning of the season. It's more likely he will miss the entire season than it is that he'll be back for the 1st game of the season.

I think I put 167 in earlier post but that was a typo.

So our coach wins top award, because he made silk out of a sow's ear. Our GM is winning all sort of awards for delivering a team in his first year that achieved the most improbable. But the centerpiece of the on-field performance is not chosen. Oh well - we may not have as handsome nor commercially marketable rookie QB, we have the best one now and for the future. I think I can live with that!!

If this don't prove that there is a media love affair with RG3, then nothing will convince the his boyfriends and fanboys.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/03/rg3-injury-could-impact-tv-scheduling-for-2013/

The only way the Skins get on TV is if they can make sure RG3 is there playing. Forget about the rest of the 52 guys on the roster.

If this don't prove that there is a media love affair with RG3, then nothing will convince the his boyfriends and fanboys.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/03/rg3-injury-could-impact-tv-scheduling-for-2013/

The only way the Skins get on TV is if they can make sure RG3 is there playing. Forget about the rest of the 52 guys on the roster.

To be fair, the colts disappeared from prime time after manning got hurt. I'm not watching the skins with cousins at the helm either...unless he surprises.

To be fair, the colts disappeared from prime time after manning got hurt. I'm not watching the skins with cousins at the helm either...unless he surprises.

Yeah, but that's because they sucked without Manning. The Skins looked just as good with Cousins at the helm. Maybe not quite as flashy but still as effective.

I was watching the IU vs Michigan game, so was not all that "into" the NFL awards, however, was not surprised that RG3 won ROY. If you listened to the media, it was pretty much already "in the bag" and that voting edge substantiated that point.

Definitely not surprised at all and boy what a game that IU game was!

Yeah, but that's because they sucked without Manning. The Skins looked just as good with Cousins at the helm. Maybe not quite as flashy but still as effective.

People want to see the superstars. Painter/Cousins aren't superstars.

I'm not backing out of anything, dude. You put the statement up yourself. Peterson did it this year and so will Griffin. Excuse me for being optimistic.

Maybe if you learn what the word "projected " means , you could discuss this without making a fool out of yourself. One more time , given the history of this type surgery which is said to be very major , there is no way RG3 is being "projected" by those with good knowledge to be back for game one. You can say , he's a hard worker and you are going to kneel down at your bed and pray to God every night and you just feel it in your bones that this will work and he'll play game one in 2013. That's fine but projected means more or less the general consensus is that he'll be ready game 1. That is just not true and you can kick and squirm all you like. The general "accepted "projection" or consensus is that it will be considerable later than that. 

As far as me putting the Andrews statement up there , let me help you out there too. What any normal person would read this to mean is that RG3 is a hard worker and it can be done.  The "belief" part of that is just a talking hat kind of jibberish. He doesn't in any way say that this would be the norm nor does he "project " this to happen. Furthermore , I would hazzard I guess that the Redskins were more than just hoping that their team doctor would at least for now "deflect" some of the negative talk about the organization for electing to play him before he was healed.

Maybe if you learn what the word "projected " means , you could discuss this without making a fool out of yourself. One more time , given the history of this type surgery which is said to be very major , there is no way RG3 is being "projected" by those with good knowledge to be back for game one. You can say , he's a hard worker and you are going to kneel down at your bed and pray to God every night and you just feel it in your bones that this will work and he'll play game one in 2013. That's fine but projected means more or less the general consensus is that he'll be ready game 1. That is just not true and you can kick and squirm all you like. The general "accepted "projection" or consensus is that it will be considerable later than that. 

I know what the word projected means, darn it. His surgeon projected him to be back by next season. I didn't know you were a professional who works rehab with NFL players, with such extensive knowledge and expertise on the subject. I'm not the one making a fool of myself, you are clearly off base here. Bottom line: Griffin will be back next season. There you go. Spin that any way you want and describe to me what "be back" means, because I clearly don't know that either.

For a Texans fan, Curtis "The" Painter provided many quality hours of enjoyable football.

and for me as a colts fan....many vomit inducing football moments. lol.

Although he did help us get Luck. I probably should atleast send him a gift basket for that.