Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rg3 Roy

vinatierifan4

Also, why is there a lot of hate towards RG3? All this knee injury jokes are kind of rude. 

I realize you guys are disappointed that RG3 won over Luck and some of you are probably jealous, but keep in mind it's an award and it doesn't give you a right to poke fun at something a person can't really control.

Be more classy.

They're doing it for the trolls to see and get mad at. I doubt anyone is actually happy he blew his knee out.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, why is there a lot of hate towards RG3? All this knee injury jokes are kind of rude. 

I realize you guys are disappointed that RG3 won over Luck and some of you are probably jealous, but keep in mind it's an award and it doesn't give you a right to poke fun at something a person can't really control.

Be more classy.

Sure he can control it. It's called doing what you're paid to do: Pass the ball.

Several posts were removed from this thread for multiple reasons.

Many posters contributed to the out of control spiral of inappropriate and offensive posting here

This includes several who rather than ignoring or reporting offensive posts chose to quote them, take shots at the poster or complain how moderation was not responding fast enough or how they saw posts here that were far worse than some violation that they themselves have made in the past.

Please understand that everyone has a role in avoiding this type of crash and burn of a thread.

We'd appreciate it if when you see a thread spiraling like this..........just report it and ignore it

Reopening this for now.  If it crashes again, we'll just have to close it permanently

If not our boy Andrew, who certainly was deserving of the award - I really can't believe they picked RGIII over Wilson!

ColtsHappy

The media fell in love with RG3 before the season even started. He had the award wrapped up practically before he ever threw a pass. We all know this award is nothing more than a popularity contest and that is the reason why the award went the way it did. I couldn't care less about ROTY, we have Luck and he's the best young QB in football and has the best future, that is all that matters.

Wilson definitely should of won it over RG3. I don't understand how someone who doesn't play all 16 games can win over two other QB's who started and finished every game? Whatever though, he won't be the same QB next season with the knee injury, and teams always figure out how to stop a RB, er QB like that I mean.

Congrats to RG3 on winning ROY.  Well deserved in my opinion.  Here's to a speedy recovery and seeing him back out there doing his thing.  Hopefully the Skins will learn from their mistakes and show more common sense regarding RG3's future going forward.

Luck had an awesome year as well and I am very satisfied with our selection and how it is panning out for us thus far.  He was the right pick for the Colts and worthy of the number one pick overall.

Also a nod to Russell Wilson who came out of nowhere and had a heck of a season for those Hawks.  That should be a great game next year.

In my opinion, any of these three guys would have been worthy of the honor.  RG3 was the selection and I am fine with that.  Looking forward to seeing more from all of these guys in the future. 

The media fell in love with RG3 before the season even started. He had the award wrapped up practically before he ever threw a pass. We all know this award is nothing more than a popularity contest and that is the reason why the award went the way it did. I couldn't care less about ROTY, we have Luck and he's the best young QB in football and has the best future, that is all that matters.

I think combine that and he is playing for the skins blew it up to epic proportions. Got to love the big market bias. I don't like either of them but I would pick Wilson over griffin.

First year, Luck plays an unfamiliar system and Griffin plays a familiar system. Next year, Luck plays a familiar system and Griffin should play an unfamiliar system (pocket). Then we will see why Luck was chosen first.

Was just thinking the same thing. When Lucks percentage blows up next year what will be the excuses then? Medias a joke

Team sport there spanky. Last I checked each NFL roster had 53 players.

Then why are you so emotionally invested in an individual award, buckwheat? Is it because that brilliant coach of yours has at the very least shortened, and perhaps completely jeopardized your gimmick QBs career and mortgaged the team's future at the same time?

Enjoy the sugar-high you got from RGIII's ROY season...there's no denying the guy produced some absolutely sick highlights and stole the show in several of the Skins wins...and then got enough adulatory sycophants in the media to vote him the "runaway" winner over Wilson and Luck.

Unfortunately, it came at a huge cost and now the brain trust of Shanahan and son better PROVE that Griffin can be the defense-reading, drop-back passer that they claim he is, and that both Wilson and Luck proved they ARE. I honestly hope I'm wrong about this....but if they don't make that happen then RGIII will almost certainly be battered into an early retirement.

And that treasure chest of picks they gave up for him....that could've helped fix their toilet defense....will have been a complete waste.

Unless the majority of the 50 voters are all closet Redskins fans, I can see no reason to suggest the 'big market' made any different to the outcome. 'Flash' won it over 'substance' in my opinion, as I believe our QB is a much better long term investment, and had a better season when broken down. But I don't get a vote, and I don't really care. Well done to Griffin, he had a fantastic rookie season, irrespective if he is 'gimmick' or 'genius'. I just hope he returns in fine health next season.

I think combine that and he is playing for the skins blew it up to epic proportions. Got to love the big market bias. I don't like either of them but I would pick Wilson over griffin.

Like I said, the award really don't amount to a hill of beans IMO, but if everything were truly taken into account and real football intelligent voters had a vote, then Luck should have won it hands down. RG3 done fine in a gimmiky offense and done way more with his legs than he did with his arm(the way a real QB does). He was a flashy guy that drew the attention of the voters for this.

Wilson done a great job, but he had a great O-line and a great defense that helped him every step of the way. We all knew what Luck had as far as an O-line and a less than decent defense so I won't even get into that. All in all though, Luck is the best of the 3 and has the best future in front of him IMO. So let RG3 reap the rewards of his goofy coach that will eventually put him out of the league.

Luck looked depressed at the awards show last night.

RG3 takes the Heisman from him

RG3 takes the ROTY award from him

RG3 will probably take all the Lombardi's from him as well

You missed one very important fact - you don't win Lombardi's as an individual, and you don't win it via a vote. Sorry to tell you that...

I don't know what would make you think that(the bolded part). I don't know how anybody(besides a diehard Skins fan) could possibly believe the Skins are going anywhere. IMO even RG3 looked and sounded like he didn't deserve the award.

This says it all...

Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III is expected to open training camp on the physically unable to perform list, according to sources, giving him more time to heal and the team an extra roster spot to bring another quarterback to training camp.

I'm not going to read 3 pages on nonsense but has anyone brought up the "Washington has been lousey for 20 years"  thread ? Then they go on to say that Indy was just bad for a year while RG3 "resurrected" a dead franchise. I never knew how a team played 15-20 years ago went into this kind of voting. Live and learn I guess.

Pssh. There is no media agenda. They loved 12 more than Griffin before the season started. Trust me, any other fan of a team other than the Colts/Redskins know how much these guys were talked about ad nauseum. Griffin deserved the award. I think they all have pretty good futures.

Wilson definitely should of won it over RG3. I don't understand how someone who doesn't play all 16 games can win over two other QB's who started and finished every game? Whatever though, he won't be the same QB next season with the knee injury, and teams always figure out how to stop a RB, er QB like that I mean.

Wilson had a lights out defense behind him. Since when is not playing one game of football disqualify someone from winning the award? He did play in every game this year, except for a match-up against the dastardly Browns. Wow, his team really couldn't handle them without him!

This says it all...

Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III is expected to open training camp on the physically unable to perform list, according to sources, giving him more time to heal and the team an extra roster spot to bring another quarterback to training camp.

with that being said, what do u do if when RG3 is able to return, Cousins is having a great season, and ur in first in your divison? do u bring back the man who u gave up almost an entire draft for or do u go with the hot hand that appears to be winning games?

I don't know what would make you think that(the bolded part). I don't know how anybody(besides a diehard Skins fan) could possibly believe the Skins are going anywhere. IMO even RG3 looked and sounded like he didn't deserve the award.

If he hadn't gotten injured against the Seahawks who knows how far that offense would have taken them. Griffin won the NFC East as a rookie...It's not hard to imagine that he's going to make some Super Bowls.

I wouldn't mind seeing the two face off in the big game. Would definitely make for good entertainment haha

with that being said, what do u do if when RG3 is able to return, Cousins is having a great season, and ur in first in your divison? do u bring back the man who u gave up almost an entire draft for or do u go with the hot hand that appears to be winning games?

He's projected to be back by the season opener...and I highly doubt that Cousins is going to impress in the pre-season or the regular season...it would be like trying to start Harnish over AL. Not gonna happen.

All 3 could be argued for winning the award.

I honestly believe what seperated RG3 from the other 2, was winning the NFC East.

When you factor they went 5-1 in the NFC East

Won the Division for the first time since 1999 (13 seasons)

And the reigning SB Champ Giants are in same Division

You can say what you want about RG3, their offense or whatever.

But the fact remains, both the Colts & Seahawks did not win their respected Divisions.

If any team should appreciate that more than anyone, it should be the Colts with how they have owned the AFC South for over a decade --this yr.

It also tells you how important it is, to win your Division and how the media/voters look at it.

All 3 could be argued for winning the award.

I honestly believe what seperated RG3 from the other 2, was winning the NFC East.

When you factor they went 5-1 in the NFC East

Won the Division for the first time since 1999 (13 seasons)

And the reigning SB Champ Giants are in same Division

You can say what you want about RG3, their offense or whatever.

But the fact remains, both the Colts & Seahawks did not win their respected Divisions.

If any team should appreciate that more than anyone, it should be the Colts with how they have owned the AFC South for over a decade --this yr.

It also tells you how important it is, to win your Division and how the media/voters look at it.

He won it in pretty impressive fashion too. Electric play and a charismatic personality didn't hurt things either.

QwizBoy, on 03 Feb 2013 - 10:35, said:

Wilson had a lights out defense behind him. Since when is not playing one game of football disqualify someone from winning the award? He did play in every game this year, except for a match-up against the dastardly Browns. Wow, his team really couldn't handle them without him!

He missed two games in the season. I know he started, but he didn't finish. Luckily those games Cousins came in and cleaned up the mess for him. I'm aware Wilson had an amazing defense, but he also played really, really well for a guy that was supposed to sit on the bench all year behind Flynn. Luck *could* have won the AFC South as a rookie, so I really don't see your point. If the Giants hadn't of had their collapse like they seem to do every other season, the Redskins wouldn't of even made the playoffs. I don't dislike RG3. I'm making the point of he was the media and National darling being in every Subway commercial, every Gatorade commercial, and being the focal point of most ESPN shows and analysts.

Morris bailed him out of a lot of games this season, and had a better team surrounding him than Luck did. Just because Luck had Reggie Wayne to throw to, doesn't mean Luck came into a better or more established team, because the whole team including Wayne learned a new offense with Arians coming in. Washington did as well, but it was an offense designed for RG3. I don't think with the style Arians had that he would of done near as well as he did in Washington. So again, no. I don't think he deserved it. I would of been happier with Wilson winning over him.

This says it all...

Adam Schefter reported, to put things in perspective that Peterson returned 167 days after his surgury and he was the fastest ever to come back. If RG3 somehow came back in the same time frame as Peterson(which is highly doubtful) that would put RG3 coming back in week 5(I think thats what he said) It was at least the 2nd month of the season, so RG3 will probably not be back till week 6 at least so they can keep him on the pup list till then.

He missed two games in the season. I know he started, but he didn't finish. Luckily those games Cousins came in and cleaned up the mess for him. I'm aware Wilson had an amazing defense, but he also played really, really well for a guy that was supposed to sit on the bench all year behind Flynn. Luck *could* have won the AFC South as a rookie, so I really don't see your point. If the Giants hadn't of had their collapse like they seem to do every other season, the Redskins wouldn't of even made the playoffs. I don't dislike RG3. I'm making the point of he was the media and National darling being in every Subway commercial, every Gatorade commercial, and being the focal point of most ESPN shows and analysts.

Morris bailed him out of a lot of games this season, and had a better team surrounding him than Luck did. Just because Luck had Reggie Wayne to throw to, doesn't mean Luck came into a better or more established team, because the whole team including Wayne learned a new offense with Arians coming in. Washington did as well, but it was an offense designed for RG3. I don't think with the style Arians had that he would of done near as well as he did in Washington. So again, no. I don't think he deserved it. I would of been happier with Wilson winning over him.

He missed the end of a game that he had basically already put away. Cousins didn't clean up anything...the second time he came in he lost against the Seahawks. The Giants "could have" won the division, as could the Cowboys, Eagles. There are a lot of could haves used when this particular argument comes up. The fact of the matter is that 12 didn't. He lost. He was also in some commercials, in case you haven't noticed. I don't see the knock on Griff being in commercials...he's doing his job, very well, and he is good with the media. Nothing wrong with that. Guy just has a great personality.

His best wide receiver was a guy who was injured most of the season...he made Morris the back that he is, no one expected Morris to play like he did. Griffin ran an offense that Shanahan ran even with Elway. He definitely deserved ROTY. At least I think so.