Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best andrew luck rookie highlight video ever!

coming on strong

So glad that at least two posters noticed two really, really important things with Andrew....

One....   he throws extremely well on planned roll out and bootlegs....    and we did very little of that this year.   Not enough for my taste.

Two....   he's very good with the fake on play action.   Very.   And if our running game gets even a little bit better,  the defenses will have to respect the play action even more.    And, for my taste,  we didn't do enough passing out of play action this year either.

One nitpick...  and very minor...   but this was not a highlight tape from every game.   Not even close.   But that's splitting hairs...  for someone who did this at home on their computer,  this was quite good.    Props to whoever it was that put it together...    :thmup:

So glad that at least two posters noticed two really, really important things with Andrew....

One....   he throws extremely well on planned roll out and bootlegs....    and we did very little of that this year.   Not enough for my taste.

Two....   he's very good with the fake on play action.   Very.   And if our running game gets even a little bit better,  the defenses will have to respect the play action even more.    And, for my taste,  we didn't do enough passing out of play action this year either.

One nitpick...  and very minor...   but this was not a highlight tape from every game.   Not even close.   But that's splitting hairs...  for someone who did this at home on their computer,  this was quite good.    Props to whoever it was that put it together...    :thmup:

It isn't that others did or didn't notice things. I know what he excels at needs to work at. I just enjoyed the video and felt that was more important of a comment to make rather than talk about mechanics, etc.

"Andrew"?

It isn't that others did or didn't notice things. I know what he excels at needs to work at. I just enjoyed the video and felt that was more important of a comment to make rather than talk about mechanics, etc.

Sorry,  didn't mean for my comment to come across as a shot to anyone else.   More as a compliment to those who did notice.

My bad choice of phrasing.    Sorry.     :slaphead:

"Andrew"?

I don't know Andrew.   Never met him.   But if I'm writing about someone I don't like constantly referring to him by last name only.  I get tired of writing "Luck" over and over.   And, I'd think the reader would get tired of seeing it over and over.    So, I change it up from time to time.   Force of habit of being a professional writer for 30 years.

Nothing more to read into it than that...

Hope that clarifies....

I don't know Andrew.   Never met him.   But if I'm writing about someone I don't like constantly referring to him by last name only.  I get tired of writing "Luck" over and over.   And, I'd think the reader would get tired of seeing it over and over.    So, I change it up from time to time.   Force of habit of being a professional writer for 30 years.

Nothing more to read into it than that...

Hope that clarifies....

Good for you if you are not a fan-boy.

Good for you if you are not a fan-boy.

Well....  I don't know how to define "fan-boy"....   I'm a long time Stanford fan.   Saw every game Luck played either in person or on TV.   I think his skill set is scary good.

I'm a Colts fan now because of Luck.   if he wasn't here,  I wouldn't be here,  and I mean no disrespect to any Colts fan.   I've stated often that I'm also a big, big fan of Grigson and Pagano.   I think they're both great hires. 

But I think Luck is rare....   very special.    It's easy to be a Colts fan because of him.   He just changes the football universe....    (hope that didn't sound too fan-boy-ish...)

Sorry,  didn't mean for my comment to come across as a shot to anyone else.   More as a compliment to those who did notice.

My bad choice of phrasing.    Sorry.     :slaphead:

No you're fine sir. I knew what you meant completely. I just didn't want others to feel you meant it that way and start something that no one intended to happen is all.

0:43

SMDH

Dude!!!!

around 5:45 was much better ;)

I'll tell you what, with Pep Hamilton coming in as OC, Fleener better step his game up quickly because as I was watching the video I saw two passes that were to Fleener.  Allen on the other hand is hands down the best TE we have on the team.  I know Stanford used alot of 2 te sets so I'm hoping that he(Fleener) will be utilized more but to me the depth chart should be Allen, then Fleener.

Amazing video highlights of luck though, he's so effortless and it looks like he's just playing around.  Also watching him shrug off multiple people is something I am not used to seeing when it comes to a QB with a horseshoe on his helmet.  He can hold his own and can scramble with the best of em

Here comes the Horseshoe!

Well....  I don't know how to define "fan-boy"....   I'm a long time Stanford fan.   Saw every game Luck played either in person or on TV.   I think his skill set is scary good.

I'm a Colts fan now because of Luck.   if he wasn't here,  I wouldn't be here,  and I mean no disrespect to any Colts fan.   I've stated often that I'm also a big, big fan of Grigson and Pagano.   I think they're both great hires. 

But I think Luck is rare....   very special.    It's easy to be a Colts fan because of him.   He just changes the football universe....    (hope that didn't sound too fan-boy-ish...)

I know this feeling.  I've always been more of a college FB fan, until this year (wherein I came for Luck and have been blown away by the Colts team, fanbase, and organization.  Now I'm hooked).

I hope longtime Colts fans will continue to get what we got at Stanford.  I think he gave everyone a good taste of what's coming.  Stanford spent close to a decade in the toilet, culminating in a 1 win season in which we lost to UC Davis among others.   It was very easy to be fatalistic and expect to lose.  I remember one moment in particular,  in the third year of the Harbaugh turnaround, USC taking the lead with a minute to go and thinking, "They blew it -- they left Andrew Luck 60 seconds," after which he promptly did his thing and we kicked the game winner as time expired.    To feel that confidence and swagger after a decade in the dumps was cathartic to say the least. 

The fact that he had made USC CB Shareece Wright a youtube sensation earlier that game didn't hurt either.

EVER!  Amazing find.  How many videos have been compiled about Andrew Luck after his rookie year?

Do you mean just highlights? Their are a some videos, but this show some of the best throws, and plays.  I am trying to make a highlight video i just need all the colts rookie games i got some recorded with my dvr i think i can hook my computer up to it,  and put them on my computer to edit them. If not im going to try to buy the games on dvd and put them on my computer.  If i can make a good one i will post it im trying, make take a little while.

Do you mean just highlights? Their are a some videos, but this show some of the best throws, and plays.  I am trying to make a highlight video i just need all the colts rookie games i got some recorded with my dvr i think i can hook my computer up to it,  and put them on my computer to edit them. If not im going to try to buy the games on dvd and put them on my computer.  If i can make a good one i will post it im trying, make take a little while.

Sarcasm buddy.  It is a bit silly to title anything to do with a rookie season as the "best ever".