Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

lets take advantage of the te'o fiasco

His stock will continue to fall. There's no questioning his leadership but I want no part of that garbage on the Colts. I could see some team licking their lips at the chance to get him in low 1st high 2nd so trade down. Te'o despite all the distractions will experience the Tebow effect and some will trade up to get him. Take advantage!

He would never fall low enough to make it worth the Colts getting him.  This whole story is local news for me, South Bend TV stations are on the cable and while it is very possible he was a victim of a hoax he should have handled it better.  Forget Teo, he'll find a home somewhere else and will excel for someone else.

I don't think the OP was advocating US drafting Teo (if he fell that far) ... I think he was suggesting that there was probably some other team that falls in love with him; and that if he was there at our pick and that some other team still coveted him, than it might be to our advantage to TRADE the pick to said team.

Seems like everyone misread original post.

I don't think the OP was advocating US drafting Teo (if he fell that far) ... I think he was suggesting that there was probably some other team that falls in love with him; and that if he was there at our pick and that some other team still coveted him, than it might be to our advantage to TRADE the pick to said team.

Yes that's it

Seems like everyone misread original post.

First of all the OP seemed to be suggesting we trade back and let someone else come up to our spot that wants him. 

With that said before this all broke I saw some mocks that had him going in the top 5.  Even with this stuff I really doubt he lasts to our pick.  He didn't really do anything wrong that would scare teams off him with it.  It's not like he got arrested or had some major injury or something and it's not like he's been a problem child in college.  By all accounts before this he was a model student athlete.  I think NFL teams will want to know about it but once they talk to him I don't think it will cause him to drop that much because there is nothing to suggest it would impact his play on the field.  I think his poor performance in the National Title game will have a much bigger impact on his draft status. 

Like I said before I don't think this meant for us to draft hm but no way we would. If there is one spot on defense we are good at it's middle linebacer. 

I just dont get where people think we are good at ilb. Was angerer good in the tampa 2 scheme. Sure. But imo he didnt look so hot in the 3-4. And he is a liability in coverage

I agree we are not great at ILB in this particular scheme but it should be the least of our areas to improve, we have good depth at ILB, O Line and OLB should be priority 1 and 1A

Never said he was. I was talking about the quality of the colts LB. I actually like Ogletree better

Right. But in context to the thread advocating we draft Te'o, saying our ILB's can be upgraded (which of course they can) make is sound as if you are suggesting that Te'o was an upgrade to the likes of Willis or Bowman. Sorry if I took that the wrong way.