Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will washington be torn apart with QB controversy?

ADayWithoutRain

I doubt they will get louder, with that said, I also thought he had a chance to be successful in the NFL although I was not sure on him, Who I was sure on and called from the start to be succesful if he landed with the right team was Russell Wilson

I also get the vibe that many skin fans' don't really want him(RG3),but feel obligated to defend him(of course your defend you team).I've talked to some that secretly want him(RG3) done for the year so they can get a long look at cousins.The only way a forth rounder will get a starting opportunity is through injury.

RG3 is the man there. Cousins has no chance of taking over the starting job over a HEALTHY RG3.

If Cousins wants to start, it's going to be on another team. 

Why?The only reason that may be true is because of where they were drafted(round).That's a real shame in my mind.That shouldn't play a role.What if 'BB' thought  that in a silmiliar fashion in regards to brady/bledsoe?I think GM'S have too much pride in themselves sometimes.The better player should play...period(a case can be made for both).

No that city is in love with RG3 unless he just doesn't come back from his injury no way Redskin fans are going to want them to play Cousins over him and if RG3 can't come back form his injury (which I highly doubt he wont be able to do) then there will be no need for a debate. 

Its only a matter of time,before the voices get louder for kirk cousins' starting(somewhere).He's just too good to ride-the-pine much longer.He(cousins) was my second choice for us(indy),other than luck.I predicted his greatness,before many of you knew the guys' name.

In light of the fact that they played RG when he was ineffective and hobbled, I can't see a QB controversy,

Saying Cousins is too good to be a back-up is a real loooooonnnngggg stretch. He's played one full game (Browns), and few snaps here and there. Even Painter looked good in a few quarters. Not saying he won't be a starter at some stage, but this is a thread based on very flakey substance. Sorry.

Why?The only reason that may be true is because of where they were drafted(round).That's a real shame in my mind.That shouldn't play a role.What if 'BB' thought  that in a silmiliar fashion in regards to brady/bledsoe?I think GM'S have too much pride in themselves sometimes.The better player should play...period(a case can be made for both).

Probably because RG3 just had a great year this year and is probably the leading candidate for Rookie of the Year. Why would they not be in love with the guy? RG3 had a great year and Cousin had one good game. There is no controversy there. Now if RG3 missed all of last season and Cousin and had a great year then maybe there would be, but he would probably traded and the Skins would get a haul for him

Would you be posting this same thread if Luck got hurt and Stanton came in and had a great game and won a game for us?

The problem is we do not know how Cousins would do over a full season. . . we don't even have a handful fo NFL games to draw from . . . and as Andy said, RGIII is just too strong of a starter to loose his spot . . . it will be one thing if Cousins gets say 8 starts next year and goes say 7-1, then RGIII comes back goes 3-5 then 6-10 next season, but even the i see the skins staying wiht RGIII . . .

Unless you are an MSU fan, other B1G fans are probably amazed by this love of Cousins. He was mediocre at MSU as opposed to Russell Wilson who was terrific. He did well in his brief time filling in for RGIII but he isn't close to RG III in terms of talent.

Its only a matter of time,before the voices get louder for kirk cousins' starting(somewhere).He's just too good to ride-the-pine much longer.He(cousins) was my second choice for us(indy),other than luck.I predicted his greatness,before many of you knew the guys' name.

Greatness? He wasn't even great at MSU

Unless you are an MSU fan, other B1G fans are probably amazed by this love of Cousins. He was mediocre at MSU as opposed to Russell Wilson who was terrific. He did well in his brief time filling in for RGIII but he isn't close to RG III in terms of talent.

Yes,i' am a MSU fan,but a bigger cousins' fan.Are you guys out-of-your-minds?He's been more than awesome in his small sample size thus far(even better than andrew...sorry).If you guys' can't see the writing on the wall,then i feel truly sorry for you.He's the one other QB that will rival andrew within this draft class.You're right,i would never compare a running back(RG3)that's pretending to be a qb to cousins.The running around is cute and everything,but its a GIMMICK...nothin' more.

Yes,i' am a MSU fan,but a bigger cousins' fan.Are you guys out-of-your-minds?He's been more than awesome in his small sample size thus far(even better than andrew...sorry).If you guys' can't see the writing on the wall,then i feel truly sorry for you.He's the one other QB that will rival andrew within this draft class.You're right,i would never compare a running back(RG3)that's pretending to be a qb to cousins.The running around is cute and everything,but its a GIMMICK...nothin' more.

He has one good game against the Browns and now he's better than a QB who was ranked higher coming out of college than John Elway and Peyton Manning?

He has one good game against the Browns and now he's better than a QB who was ranked higher coming out of college than John Elway and Peyton Manning?

Andrew is my guy(through thick and thin),but 'yes' cousins has out performed him thus far(small sample size).If andrew can't complete at least 60% of his passes(let's not make excuses for him,like our previous premadonna QB).I'm sick of giving reasons' for failure),the question will always arise.

Andrew is my guy(through thick and thin),but 'yes' cousins has out performed him thus far(small sample size).If andrew can't complete at least 60% of his passes(let's not make excuses for him,like our previous premadonna QB).I'm sick of giving reasons' for failure),the question will always arise.

Cousins played in one game against the Browns. I don't even think I need to say more here.

EDIT: Also, what failure would I make an excuse for? Where did Luck fail?

No,i'm not.My point is,the draft shouldn't dictate the future of players.Thus far,a forth rounder(cousins)has kept pace with a  often hurt(injury prone?)player in RG3(whom of which was taken 2nd overall).

I do think RG3 starts to pass from the pocket more next year and Kirk Cousins probably sees less playing time, IMO.

Maybe you should write to Mike Shanahan and ask Kirk Cousins to demand a trade. :)

Cousins played in one game against the Browns. I don't even think I need to say more here.

EDIT: Also, what failure would I make an excuse for? Where did Luck fail?

54% isn't acceptable.He gets a pass this year(rookie and all),but he better improve those numbers,or the hammer comes down quickly.Maybe he's just an elway(garbage numbers,but still wins),and that's OKAY as long as he WINS.

There won't be a controversy because RG3 is miles ahead a better QB than Cousins is. Cousins had a solid (overblown) game against the Browns and now of a sudden he can start for half the teams in the league and is a better QB then Andrew Luck? Sensationalism at it's finest.

There won't be a controversy because RG3 is miles ahead a better QB than Cousins is. Cousins had a solid (overblown) game against the Browns and now of a sudden he can start for half the teams in the league and is a better QB then Andrew Luck? Sensationalism at it's finest.

Understand that he is an MSU Spartan fan. :)

How so?The numbers don't lie.Let's not count the cute running around bit.He(cousins)will go down as the second best QB of this draft class.Both russell/RG3 are passing fads(brought on by the media's push for african-americans in the QB position agenda).

How so?The numbers don't lie.Let's not count the cute running around bit.He(cousins)will go down as the second best QB of this draft class.Both russell/RG3 are passing fads(brought on by the media's push for african-americans in the QB position agenda).

Number don't lie? What are you talking about? RG3 set the record for passer rating in a season by a rookie QB and Wilson tied Peyton Manning's rookie TD record. 

And I'm not going to even address your second point because of how ridiculous you sound.

LOL you didnt just say that....

Yeah,i did.How else do you explain QB'S like catnip/wilson and rg3 getting more coverage than ryan/flacco and brady?The only one that's still kickin' in catnip.I like these guys',but i don't want them shoved down my pie hole every other minute.Where is the coverage for brady(the undisputed greatest QB in history)?He will make his 6th superbowl trip,after he blowsout baltimore.

How so?The numbers don't lie.Let's not count the cute running around bit.He(cousins)will go down as the second best QB of this draft class.Both russell/RG3 are passing fads(brought on by the media's push for african-americans in the QB position agenda).

Ah, another conspiracy theorist on the board. Explains everything haha

I am a MSU fan/alum and watched almost every game Kirk Cousins played at State while he was there. While no one can deny he is a tremendous leader, I had serious questions about him becoming an NFL QB and I still do despite having a good game against the Browns.

Cousins makes very questionable decisions at times. He struggles to put much zip on the ball at all and will sometimes randomly begin throwing off his back foot. This is probably his biggest weakness: he throws floaters due to no velocity on the ball that are easy to break up and pick off. Cousins has A LOT of work to do before he can start in this league. Loved the guy as an MSU QB...arguably the best to ever play the position at our school (which says a lot about our past QBs), but he is not ready to start in the NFL right now, certainly is not as good as RG3 when he is healthy, and calling what he has done "greatness" is laughable.

So Cousins playing one game has "outplayed" a guy who played all season?

If were going off a single game Luck had one of the best statistical games for a rookie QB in NFL history....433 yards and 2 TDs.

Comical.

Your posts are oddly familiar. They remind me of ones from the old poster "KirkCousins23" or whatever his name was. I remember before the draft he was obsessing over Cousins and boasting he would be the best QB in this draft.