Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts were one

throwing BBZ

& done 7 out of 11 times with $tat$. lmao he didder again.

Yes he still WON getting $26Million to rehab. Joy Joy Joy! Love it!

And you get joy out of him losing?  Interesting.  I guess he didn't do enough for you while he was in Indy. 

So sad for you.

His special teams covered that. hahaha! And then there was HIS Int. Perfect ending.

okay enough, honestly if someone came here saying this after a Colts loss he would be banned for trolling think about what you are doing. 

I don't really care either way that Peyton and the Broncos happened to lose but Peyton losing doesn't bring me joy the Colts winning brings me joy and the Broncos losing doesn't some how put the Colts back into the playoffs. 

Also worth mentioning the Colts were one and done as well. 

Yea cuz he was in champ baileys uniform getting beat left and right. Get real dude

Enh that INT was pretty bad.  Andrew Luck knows not to make that throw a guy who is supposed to be the greatest in the game should know not to make it either.  Bad throw by Manning sadly for him it ended his season. 

Look, Peyton deserves a big share of the blame. Everyone always makes excuses for him and blames everyone else. Yes his D was shaky, but his special teams gave him 14 points too and he still lost. In the end, he made a terrible throw. I have nothing against the guy, i was guilty of making excuses for him when he was here. But it's kinda obvious he isn't at his best in the postseason.

For any of you to disrespect Peyton the way you guys do make me wonder how you even call yourself a colt fan. . That man gave us everything he had .. I am a forever colt fan but in saying that if Peyton isn't playing us I will never pull against him. . I will never disrespect him the way some of you lifeless bums have

I have no idea why Peyton made that throw, but I also have no idea why Denver's safety let Jones stand at the 10 yard line by himself waving his hands or why Champ Bailey all of a sudden couldn't cover Torrey Smith or why Fox decided that punting is a better decision over getting a 1st down and icing the game or why Denver's Von Miller couldn't sack Flacco to save his life.  This whole game was messed up.

& done 7 out of 11 times with $tat$. lmao he didder again.

Yes he still WON getting $26Million to rehab. Joy Joy Joy! Love it!

Wow. After all he did for the Colts, us and our city... I CANNOT fathom one single Indianapolis fan who disses Manning. Why? I see it here all the time and it flat out makes me sick.

Look, Peyton deserves a big share of the blame. Everyone always makes excuses for him and blames everyone else. Yes his D was shaky, but his special teams gave him 14 points too and he still lost. In the end, he made a terrible throw. I have nothing against the guy, i was guilty of making excuses for him when he was here. But it's kinda obvious he isn't at his best in the postseason.

His share of the blame sure.  What he doesn't deserve is ALL the blame that people like to give him after a playoff loss.  Either people go homer on him and give him zero blame or people like to put it all at his feet.  Very few people like to split it up.  That INT was horrible.  Earlier I said Andrew Luck knows not throw that pass forget Luck for a second I only said that because Luck is a rookie but I figured that might lead to a debate that is probably not healthy for this forum so I'll say this Curtis Painter knows not to make that throw.  Just poor decision on his part. 

With that all said no way Denver is in that spot if their defense doesn't melt down in the playoffs too.  So the people pointing out how poorly Champ played after the CBS announcers pointed out him talking before the game about how he could handle Smith are right as well.  Also I doubt that game is even in OT if Peyton Manning isn't the QB of that team. 

The Ravens look like a Colts team in 2006 that is over coming injuries and is getting rolling in the playoffs after years of not being able to get to the big game.  Add the Ray Lewis motivation and I think something special might be happening there. 

Last thing, I do think there is something to the theory that Manning struggles in the playoffs.  I think he gets caught up in the moment at times and understands his legacy is judged on those games and presses too much at times.  I have really tried to avoid saying this till now for obvious reasons but something I took away from last Sunday with Luck was I saw a QB who didn't blink an eye and just played.  I am NOT saying Luck will end up a better QB than Manning (although I wouldn't rule it out but no way I have seen enough of him to make some kind of prediction like that) but I do think Luck is a little calmer in the playoffs and as much as I hate to say this a little more Brady like or heck even Eli like in terms of how handles big games. 

For any of you to disrespect Peyton the way you guys do make me wonder how you even call yourself a colt fan. . That man gave us everything he had .. I am a forever colt fan but in saying that if Peyton isn't playing us I will never pull against him. . I will never disrespect him the way some of you lifeless bums have

Yep. Forever and always a Colt here, too. You certain people should be damn ashamed. He gave us everything and more.

I'm a colts fan, not a manning fan. I've never liked him as a quarterback. Its my right. Doesnt make me a bum, and i am definitly not ashamed. He did everything for this city, give me a break. Its football, not life. The Hospital was awesome i will admit though.

Sorry Peyton, maybe next year!!!!!

So glad they lost. I'll always hate Elway, his teeth, and the Broncos forever after what he did to the Colts in 83, threaten to go sign with the Yankees if they didn't trade him. Indianapolis fans don't care as that was in Baltimore but us pre-Indy fans will never forget that. I kind of felt betrayed he signed with horseface's team.

His share of the blame sure.  What he doesn't deserve is ALL the blame that people like to give him after a playoff loss.  Either people go homer on him and give him zero blame or people like to put it all at his feet.  Very few people like to split it up.  That INT was horrible.  Earlier I said Andrew Luck knows not throw that pass forget Luck for a second I only said that because Luck is a rookie but I figured that might lead to a debate that is probably not healthy for this forum so I'll say this Curtis Painter knows not to make that throw.  Just poor decision on his part. 

With that all said no way Denver is in that spot if their defense doesn't melt down in the playoffs too.  So the people pointing out how poorly Champ played after the CBS announcers pointed out him talking before the game about how he could handle Smith are right as well.  Also I doubt that game is even in OT if Peyton Manning isn't the QB of that team. 

The Ravens look like a Colts team in 2006 that is over coming injuries and is getting rolling in the playoffs after years of not being able to get to the big game.  Add the Ray Lewis motivation and I think something special might be happening there. 

Last thing, I do think there is something to the theory that Manning struggles in the playoffs.  I think he gets caught up in the moment at times and understands his legacy is judged on those games and presses too much at times.  I have really tried to avoid saying this till now for obvious reasons but something I took away from last Sunday with Luck was I saw a QB who didn't blink an eye and just played.  I am NOT saying Luck will end up a better QB than Manning (although I wouldn't rule it out but no way I have seen enough of him to make some kind of prediction like that) but I do think Luck is a little calmer in the playoffs and as much as I hate to say this a little more Brady like or heck even Eli like in terms of how handles big games. 

I don't see it that way. I think he led a lot of flawed teams to  the playoffs and in the playoffs those flaws get exposed. He  does try to do too much sometimes but who thought the Broncos D would play like  they did. The game was won, that corner lost it for them.

I don't see it that way. I think he led a lot of flawed teams to  the playoffs and in the playoffs those flaws get exposed. He  does try to do too much sometimes but who thought the Broncos D would play like  they did. The game was won, that corner lost it for them.

Don't disagree about the last part.  If that defender is playing smart at all odds are this game never gets to OT in the first place. 

With that said it doesn't take much to see that Manning isn't the same player in the playoff as he is in the regular season.  He tends to beat these teams in the regular season and his team can't do it during the playoffs.  Dolphins in 2000, Steelers in 2005, Chargers in 2008, and tonight vs. the Ravens his teams were bounced by a team they had beaten (and in all of them but one a team they beaten soundly) during the regular season. 

Again not all Manning's fault but I do think he gets caught up in the moment at times and it makes him press too much.  I don't think it's a mistake that the year he won a Super Bowl is the year that he had a team that could lean on other things even though Manning still made a lot of mistakes during that playoff run.  Don't take that wrong way no way we win that Super Bowl without him (see the second half of the New England game and his long drives vs. the Ravens and Bears) but he has much better playoff games where he still lost than he did that year. 

I'm a colts fan, not a manning fan. I've never liked him as a quarterback. Its my right. Doesnt make me a bum, and i am definitly not ashamed. He did everything for this city, give me a break. Its football, not life. The Hospital was awesome i will admit though.

You're correct. You have a right to your opinion. And the fact that you're a Colts fan but never liked Peyton Manning as a QB does not make you a bum. But it sure makes you look foolish.

You're correct. You have a right to your opinion. And the fact that you're a Colts fan but never liked Peyton Manning as a QB does not make you a bum. But it sure makes you look foolish.

Yeah I hate that guy that brought us to relevance. He sure sucked. 

Doesnt make me foolish at all. I'm a Colts fan period. No player is more important or bigger than the team. Nobody likes all the players on their favorite teams. Just because i happen to not like manning, never makes me foolish or wrong or any less a colts fan.

Don't disagree about the last part.  If that defender is playing smart at all odds are this game never gets to OT in the first place. 

With that said it doesn't take much to see that Manning isn't the same player in the playoff as he is in the regular season.  He tends to beat these teams in the regular season and his team can't do it during the playoffs.  Dolphins in 2000, Steelers in 2005, Chargers in 2008, and tonight vs. the Ravens his teams were bounced by a team they had beaten (and in all of them but one a team they beaten soundly) during the regular season. 

Again not all Manning's fault but I do think he gets caught up in the moment at times and it makes him press too much.  I don't think it's a mistake that the year he won a Super Bowl is the year that he had a team that could lean on other things even though Manning still made a lot of mistakes during that playoff run.  Don't take that wrong way no way we win that Super Bowl without him (see the second half of the New England game and his long drives vs. the Ravens and Bears) but he has much better playoff games where he still lost than he did that year. 

A lot of it is because of the obvious, he plays better teams in the playoffs. The 05 team was the best team the Colt's have had in Indy, one of the largest differentials in margin of victory in NFL history, a suddenly stout defense and prolific offense. The Offensive line broke down in that playoff game and Vandershank sealed the deal  That Dolphins game was a another Vandershank special at the end.  The Ravens got a lot of players back and were a different team this week but it is odd that he does keep beating these teams soundly like the 05 Steelers, who they stomped 27-3 in the regular season, and then in the postseason it falls apart. It is a very interesting topic  and mystifying . It don't seem like PM's teams have stepped up a lot of times in the playoffs. I am at odds, I hate Elway cause of the stunt he pulled on the Colt's in 83 and am glad they aren't going anyhere next week, but I can't help but feel bad for Peyton, it kinda seems like he has gotten cheated a bit in the playoffs.

And you probably still wish we had drafted rg111 and will be disrespectfull to luck after 14 years of service

A lot of it is because of the obvious, he plays better teams in the playoffs. The 05 team was the best team the Colt's have had in Indy, one of the largest differentials in margin of victory in NFL history, a suddenly stout defense and prolific offense. The Offensive line broke down in that playoff game and Vandershank sealed the deal  That Dolphins game was a another Vandershank special at the end.  The Ravens got a lot of players back and were a different team this week but it is odd that he does keep beating these teams soundly like the 05 Steelers, who they stomped 27-3 in the regular season, and then in the postseason it falls apart. It is a very interesting topic  and mystifying . It don't seem like PM's teams have stepped up a lot of times in the playoffs.

See I don't think that's true.  That's why I pointed out four of his playoff losses came to teams that he beat during the regular season.  The Colts held their own more often than not against good teams they would play during the regular season.  You don't win 12 or more games so many years like his teams did without beating good teams. 

I do think they often got bad match ups for him (four losses to the Chargers and Pats when they were the match ups he could have gotten at the time) but at the same time if you look at Manning's playoff numbers they are not as good as his regular season numbers namely in the INT department. He makes more mistakes and that's all from playing better teams.  He just doesn't play as well during the playoffs but he wasn't the only one.  Marvin Harrison had what two big playoff games in his career?  As much as I loved Edge I don't remember him carrying us to playoff wins.  So like I said before I think Manning gets too much blame at times but it's fair to say he doesn't play as well in the playoffs as he does during the regular season.