Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dwayne Allen was very good

oldunclemark

He has all season. HE is our future TE, and he has been all season.

Yep yep.....he outshined my boy Fleener to such an extent you would think Allen was the 2nd rounder and Fleener was a 6th. Allen reeks of all the signs of a franchise caliber TE. 

Yep yep.....he outshined my boy Fleener to such an extent you would think Allen was the 2nd rounder and Fleener was a 6th. Allen reeks of all the signs of a franchise caliber TE. 

Fleener's combine speed has not translated at all to the pro level. His route running, and presence in general, is just so uninspiring. I know he's a rook, but I expected a few explosive plays from him this year. He's basically been your typical tight end, all year.  

Fleener's combine speed has not translated at all to the pro level. His route running, and presence in general, is just so uninspiring. I know he's a rook, but I expected a few explosive plays from him this year. He's basically been your typical tight end, all year.  

You know who he's reminded me of? 

THE Aaron Moorehead. 

Scary-bad

Hopefully Fleener gets with the program, but clearly Allen is the most pro-ready of the two.....by a large margin. 

Fleener always looked like he was running in MUD I love the way ALLEN plays but i think in time FLEENER will be ok but ALLEN way ahead of him

Yeah, he's something special. He is a great blocker, and is proving to be a very good receiver. I'd like to see how many yards he gets after the first hit. He breaks a lot of tackles. 

If Fleener picks it up next year, then the 2012 NFL draft class is officially perfect!

I liked the stuff Allen has said throughout the year and the stuff he said before the playoff game.  He then goes out and performs.  He is articulate.   I think whomever the OC is next year has to target him more.  He deserves it.  I can't really tell about Fleener.  He is a mystery to me.

Fleener started to show promise later on. I'm hoping that he will come into his own next season. But Allen has played excellent practically all season long for us.

Fleener started to show promise later on. I'm hoping that he will come into his own next season. But Allen has played excellent practically all season long for us.

I haven't given up on Fleener but he left me with that feeling like I was a 10 year old kid, just got a bike for Christmas and realized it was missing a wheel. 

Allen's done it all year. Impact blocking included.

It's just with Fleener, you want to say "AhHa THAT'S why we drafted him" at some point in the season, and that moment never came once.

Someone said Moorehead. As of now that seems pretty spot on.

Allen is a going to be a good one. I watched him alot when played for Clemson (and he would tear up my Noles often) and liked the pick. I had no idea he would be this good for us this year though.

Him and Fleener will make a dangerous TE combo in the future.

Allen's done it all year. Impact blocking included.

It's just with Fleener, you want to say "AhHa THAT'S why we drafted him" at some point in the season, and that moment never came once.

Someone said Moorehead. As of now that seems pretty spot on.

the one TD with the Jackhammer dance gave me hope.

Both Allen and Fleener  had an excellent year, they are rookies and they will improve next year one more year in the system.  Allen had a better year because he did more after the catch.  He showed more strength, Fleener had flashes, but had a couple of injuries.  Wait till next year Colts fans.  The sky is the limit.

I think part of the problem with fleener is they look like theyre primarily sending him vertical (not exclusively but primarily) whereas allen is used more in the short to intermediate level. Without having an extra blocker or 2 then luck just doesnt have time to find fleener downfield.

Sure fleener still has some work to do but so does our OL. I also think a different OC could make better use of our 2 te's.

Thank you Jason for explaining it to them. Fleenor was doing very well before the injury.

Fleenor has the speed to burn Linebackers and he will. Our BOY needs to improve his touch and accuracy that is for sure.

They should have gone high to Fleenor in the back of the end zone rather than to Reggie.