Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recievers

Charliemac24

We will need new WR at some point. This year? Maybe not, but soon.

There is not a future with these guys. Reggie will be 35. Avery is what he is. Fleener has shown us nothing. Hilton can be good, but not carry the team, esp if hes handling PR duties.

If we are going to throw it 50x a game, we will need WR.

I'm so sick of Donnie Avery dissapearing in big games. No catches against Houston, and drops everything today! 4.2 speed and this guy can't find the end zone. Maybe Mike Wallace doesn't sound so bad after all......

Yeah, I can't see how he stays on the team next year.

Fleener has done well when targeted and they need a receiver like bowe and a corner maybe Rhodes

Really? I see him miss easy passes, doesn't block to well, and rarely beats his man, and gets minimal yards after the rec.

In not expecting to see a rookie TE set the world on fire, but I do expect to see flashes of brilliance, which is something he hasn't done all year.

Allen has.

Dwayne and Reggie did well.  Everyone else didn't show up.

Avery is the only one that really concerns me though, since he's a vet.  Hilton had a bad game, but he's a rookie, and he's been productive this season, so he gets a pass.  So does Fleener for the most part.  And Ballard.

TBH the only guys on offense who could be described as having played "well" are Luck, Allen, and Wayne.

I'm so sick of Donnie Avery dissapearing in big games. No catches against Houston, and drops everything today! 4.2 speed and this guy can't find the end zone. Maybe Mike Wallace doesn't sound so bad after all......

Wayne was fine. Hilton was noticeably absent and Wayne was....he was good. Without Wayne we wouldn't even have come close to an opportunity to play in the post season. 

Avery had me red-faced with anger. Buh bye Avery, get lost bub. I hope they made him fly home in the airplane commode. 

I said all year he was the weak link. He just isn't any good. He does one thing well and thats run a go route. The drop on 3rd down he had was unacceptable for an NFL receiver. H's dropped balls all year long.

I said all year he was the weak link. He just isn't any good. He does one thing well and thats run a go route. The drop on 3rd down he had was unacceptable for an NFL receiver. H's dropped balls all year long.

I just don't see how a guy with 4.2 speed is always getting shut down in big games. That's the difference between Avery, and a Mike Wallace. Wallace makes game changing plays, while Avery gets little first downs every now and then that don't result in points. If he''s not sticking to his usual M.O. then he's just plain dropping everything in site when the game matters the most. At the beginning of the season I really thought we didn't need somebody like Mike Wallace because we had Avery. Now after watching a whole season of Avery, my mind is beginning to change. We need another game breaker besides Hilton, and Wayne. It doesn't necessarily have to be Wallace, but it does have to be somebody. And that somebody should have hands similar to Wayne!