Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Is Not Out Just Yet ...

19colt

I fully expect him to miss a game or two as he needs to be 100% or else he could probably risk serious injury. I'm more worried about these reports saying that he needs another surgery & he will be out indefinitely, that his back hurts he could miss 5-6 weeks, not be back till November the list goes on and on.. A game or two wouldn't make me fit much.

While I applaud you for holding onto hope, the truth is, the only reason he's doubtful is because we're playing games with the Texans. We'll list him as doubtful until he (god forbid) goes to the IR. By listing him as doubtful, we're still making a defense worry that they may have to face him.

There is literally a 0% chance he plays. Maybe less.

"doubtful" in team injury terms means 10% or less he goes.

so yeah, there's a chance..... but come on.

He's out.

"It's positive (outlook) AC. ... He is going to be back at some point," Polian said. "What we don't know right now is what the results of the diagnostic tests are, what is the prognosis going forward. This is uncharted territory, but we do know that the nerve regeneration takes time and it just hasn't healed yet. It will.”

And he won't be back on the field until he's back in top form.

“It's frustrating for Peyton, certainly it's a bit frustrating for us, but we recognized that the most important thing is that he heals up and he gets ready to go. It's no sense having him out there in an impaired condition, so the bottom line is he'll be back at some point. We don't know when. We can't predict when. But whenever it is, it will be good to have him back. In the meantime, Kerry [Collins] will hold the fort, and we'll go from here." Polian said.

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/sports/colts_and_nfl/polian-says-peyton-will-be-back

He's out for at least Sunday.

While I applaud you for holding onto hope, the truth is, the only reason he's doubtful is because we're playing games with the Texans. We'll list him as doubtful until he (god forbid) goes to the IR. By listing him as doubtful, we're still making a defense worry that they may have to face him.

There is literally a 0% chance he plays. Maybe less.

Just to make them worry a little more they should upgrade him as Questionable on Wednesday or on Thursday. That way the entire pre-game for the Thursday night game everyone is talking Manning. The Texans are going to get all sorts of different information.

That would be genius.

on Sunday he should trot on the field in his full uniform and stretch. Then right before the game list him as out.

Just to make them worry a little more they should upgrade him as Questionable on Wednesday or on Thursday. That way the entire pre-game for the Thursday night game everyone is talking Manning. The Texans are going to get all sorts of different information.

That would be genius.

on Sunday he should trot on the field in his full uniform and stretch. Then right before the game list him as out.

That would mean our coach is smart. I dont think Caldwell thinks that far ahead.

It's nice to be optimistic, but he's not going to play. I dont seem him taking a snap just to continue the streak and he's had virtually no practice time. He's out, let's hope the D can step up and Collins can manage the game and make a few plays to help them win.

However, this would likely have been a tough game even with a healthy Manning playing. A loss won't mean the end of the world....

I think they can (and should) still beat the Browns (wk2) and Bucs (wk4). The Steelers game wk 3 was also going to be a very tough one.

Most likely -- even with Manning -- they would have been 3-1 (at best) after 4 weeks. If they can be 2-2 with Collins, I think we will still be in good shape.

They should just wrap him in kttape and get him on the field, why not throw some kttape on gonzo while their at it...heck mummify the whole team so we don't have the same issue as last year with injuries, haha j/k...but seriously it would be nice not having a serious injury showing up in the news every week...hey kttape helped my plantar faciitis, maybe it could help get some injured players on the field.

The smart thing would be to shut him down for the season. Right now it's going to be week 5-6 at the earliest that he comes back, we basically would at that point be so far in a hole any shot at the playoffs would be small. I say let him sit this season, get fully back to 100% for next year nad go from there.

The smart thing would be to shut him down for the season. Right now it's going to be week 5-6 at the earliest that he comes back, we basically would at that point be so far in a hole any shot at the playoffs would be small. I say let him sit this season, get fully back to 100% for next year nad go from there.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh right!! And which team do you routinely root for? It surely isn't the Colts. It amazes me how many nuero surgeons we have on these boards whn a player get hurt and what is the best thing for them to do. Maybe everyone just stays in a Holiday Inn express and it just makes em smarter.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh right!! And which team do you routinely root for? It surely isn't the Colts. It amazes me how many nuero surgeons we have on these boards whn a player get hurt and what is the best thing for them to do. Maybe everyone just stays in a Holiday Inn express and it just makes em smarter.

Look at the info, if Peyton has been told by doctors NOT to practice at all this week and that more possible surgery might be needed then it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see we have some major issues here. Given that, even if things go well it's going to be week 5 or 6 before we see Peyton back and even then at what %? So do you really think the team at that point has a legit shot at the superbowl? Not a chance in heck, so, why not let him rest and get back to 100% for next season? Playing him hurt only hurts the team this season and future seasons.

Look at the info, if Peyton has been told by doctors NOT to practice at all this week and that more possible surgery might be needed then it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see we have some major issues here. Given that, even if things go well it's going to be week 5 or 6 before we see Peyton back and even then at what %? So do you really think the team at that point has a legit shot at the superbowl? Not a chance in heck, so, why not let him rest and get back to 100% for next season? Playing him hurt only hurts the team this season and future seasons.

So you don't think Collins can pull out 2 or 3 wins in 5 or 6 weeks? How are you so positive that Manning is gonna miss that much time? Its very possible he only misses a week or 2. Wasn't it in 08' that we started out at 3 and 4 and still won the division? Im not overly optimistic about the season if Manning misses a bunch of games, but if he only misses 5 or 6 that you're so positive he will, I still feel like they could make the playoffs. People are once again over rating the Texans and the rest of the division sucks.

Now we know the reason Terry Collins was signed to a 14 Million dollar contract. The Colts knew Peyton would not be back at the start of the season, but much more important is the concern that he might not be back. The Colts made certain they had an NFL QB on the roster if the worst came to be.

If this should turn out to be a season ending injury or a career ending injury, the Colts have a QB who can keep the Colts reasonably competitive until another franchise QB is drafted.

They may be able to come up with a device to protect his neck; however, the nerve problem could be causing reactions in his arms and back. I do not think Peyton will play if he thinks he cannot be a positive factor. He has already said he would not just take a few snaps to keep his streak alive. There is little chance he would ever break Favre's record anyway. He will not have that pressure on him after Sunday; and that is probably a good thing.

Listening to ESPN radio today, they are marvelling how the point spread has swung in favor of the Texans because Peyton is out. "No other player would have such an impact on the odds." Also, some on ESPN are gloom and doomers about Peyton's condition, even saying his career is now in deep decline.

So you don't think Collins can pull out 2 or 3 wins in 5 or 6 weeks? How are you so positive that Manning is gonna miss that much time? Its very possible he only misses a week or 2. Wasn't it in 08' that we started out at 3 and 4 and still won the division? Im not overly optimistic about the season if Manning misses a bunch of games, but if he only misses 5 or 6 that you're so positive he will, I still feel like they could make the playoffs. People are once again over rating the Texans and the rest of the division sucks.

Simple, he can't even practice. So if he restarts next week we are looking at 4-5 weeks before Peyton would back up to 100% as we saw back in 2008. I doubt he his back to 100% that soon. No we have a very tough schedule and like it or not winning in with Peyton is tough, going with a QB with only 1.5 weeks of work with this offense and our highly questionable D will be tough. Week 2 we get a big of break with the Browns then get the defending AFC champs in on the following sunday, so easily could be 1-2 after those three weeks. Again this is a serious issue that we need to take time with and not rush Peyton back.

I would hate to have Peyton out for anytime, but it looks to be at least a week or two. I think that Collins, if he plays well, could get us a handful of wins if he has to play the whole season. But Peyton or no Peyton, Im rooting for my Colts!! The only difference is that with Peyton playing, I expect them to win every game they play, but without him, I just hope. Worse case scenario Peyton is out for season, and this season is a bust of 3 wins, but the brite side of that would be that next year we should have a better running game and defense. And we could be picking in the top 5 of the draft, or trading down and accumulating a bunch of picks. Regardless, we have to look at the silver lining and cheer for our Colts!!

I would hate to have Peyton out for anytime, but it looks to be at least a week or two. I think that Collins, if he plays well, could get us a handful of wins if he has to play the whole season. But Peyton or no Peyton, Im rooting for my Colts!! The only difference is that with Peyton playing, I expect them to win every game they play, but without him, I just hope. Worse case scenario Peyton is out for season, and this season is a bust of 3 wins, but the brite side of that would be that next year we should have a better running game and defense. And we could be picking in the top 5 of the draft, or trading down and accumulating a bunch of picks. Regardless, we have to look at the silver lining and cheer for our Colts!!

I think everyone is still cheering for the Colts. I'd love to see Manning come back with the division still in reach, if not tied. I know Collins is no Manning, but he is still a NFL starting caliber QB.

A game manager can win games in this league.

Thats what we need, just win the turnover battle and we have a shot in any game.

I wouldn't say we get a big break with the browns. They beat two really tough teams last year and Peyton Hillis could destroy our defense. Don't blow off any offense that can run the ball... I hope that Peyton Manning has a quick recovery from this point forward and wish him the best at what ever he needs to do to get himself ready to play. Who's to say if the recent tests come back and don't show anything wrong, or turning the tide to go become wrong, that he won't test himself Saturday or Sunday. Players always say that not going through the routine week or off-season activities helps their body feel better. I find it odd that not long after he steps back on the field and begins limited practice, he feels pain in his neck and back again..enough to run more tests. Let's see how they do Sunday, then you can better evaluate what is going on. By then I am sure we will have been updated on Peyton Manning. Here's to wishing Peyton the best! Go Colts!

Manning will miss at least 4 games to start the season, if not the entire season. I still don't know who to blame for one of the biggest mistakes in organized sports. Whoever did this surgery to Peyton needs to step up and let all of us know what is really going on. Why didn't he get the surgery right after playoffs last year? Why aren't telling us anything?

The games that Manning will not play will show what we are really made of as a team. This is a team sport. Marking those games with an L is truly absurd. We can win with Collins and make the playoffs with him. We have a talented team and players who can make the right plays and coaches who been there and done that.

I will not be surprised if Manning misses the whole season and I won't be surprised if we made the playoffs.

They messed up the surgery and damaged him even more. They are not telling us anything, only lies.

Just the Colts luck I guess or Mannings... Look at the knee issue that ended up being infected. What was he to do- No surgery or take that risk and see what happens. I remember being bashed a few years back when I said I see him playing to about age 35 and it looks like this might be the beginning of the end. Nek surgery is risky and generally the last option. Haven't talked to too many people that do not still have issues after... Granted he is PM but he still is human.